Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

So did a dozen other things Zeta EX is re-releasing. They're still fighting over Constructor.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I think a difference being the other stuff has had a little more time pass and isn't readily available as a box set through a number of sellers.

Think of it this way, yes, Zeta may want to screw over Toyworld. As such, even if they could, would they want to risk burning bridges with retailers who still have Toyworld merchandise in a warehouse by releasing the exact same set at a cheaper price?

3. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Do you think they care about that at all? They have been doing that. If Zeta won Constructor good money says all the sets would be $300.

4. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    I think it's better business not leave your retailer selling the same product at two different prices. Bad enough, I think, that there appear to be two different dinoking/kong listings.

5. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Plenty of retailers have the Toyworld Dinos in their inventory (3/5 anyways) and are selling the Zeta set. Ditto for Arcee and Hegemon. Constructor is the most popular 3P Devastator yet and pretty much every time the green set becomes available it sells out fairly quickly. And the chance to sell it at a cheaper price would mean they could most likely sell even more sets.

6. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toyworld said on Baidu Tieba back in April that Constructor is the only set of molds they physically possess out of their split. Rights aside, ZT will have to invest in a new set of molds if they want to do that, unless they do some shady shit like sending a squad of ninjas to retrieve the molds.

7. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Right, but it seems there are tweaks to the designs. Or at least the handful of examples I looked at. Metallic paint being the most obvious. So much so on Arcee that she looks like a porcelain Hallmark ornament. So, they're very similar but not exactly the same. Four year old inventory aside. About the closest thing I see to Toyworld's original release is Coolsville MKII. And even he is sporting extra paint apps.

Now, maybe, just maybe and rampantly speculating... Toyworld is pushing all these Constructor variants out the door to get ahead of what Zeta can and can't release.

Guess we'll see if Zeta pushes a metallic paint version of Constructor anytime soon.

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

The only molds that the Zeta team worked on. They still have their FortMax mold but nobody's really asking for that to be re-released. And I think their headmasters were a different design team.

9. Logan Yu

Logan Yu IceIsNice

Ebay:
    How much?

10. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I thought Constructor was also designed by the same designer, so technically now that they've branched out, they could start producing Constructor, no? Does TW have any means to stop them from doing so?

What exactly happened in that split? I'm not very familiar with TW and Zeta's history and only recently started considering picking up this set. I recalled something about TW not paying the designers properly or something.

11. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that happened then they split early 2017. In the following months TW's CS went silent and their .jp website was taken down. Then in Apr 2018, TW surfaced on Baidu boards accusing ZT of illegally possessing their stuff, see Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons) and the discussion after that.

Anyway it's now July and it seems like nothing came out of that fuss.

12. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

just hopping in - with the news about a potential Diaclone color variant I'm really interested. I have MT's original release of Giant for my G2 one, and was thinking of picking up GT's Gravity Builder in Orange for my MP Diaclone shelf, but then I saw the prices on the current TW box sets and figured it wasn't worth spending double. Diaclone colors seals the deal for me. :) 

13. Logan Yu

Logan Yu IceIsNice

Ebay:
    Just a spare chestpiece? Or a spare constructor?

14. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Chestpiece. Kinda on the fence since I have both V1 and V2 of whether or not to sell one of the versions.

15. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

Just got my green version in from tfsource. Wont get to open it until tomorrow. Its been a while since ive been this excited to open a bot(s).

16. Logan Yu

Logan Yu IceIsNice

Ebay:
    If you want to sell I might be interested

17. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

hi does anyone know where to get the other 3 toyworld constructor members? the green version by the way i only found 3 so far on bigbadtoystore and this is starting to be a problem because they are all sold out (the other 3 members) and i would like to get them individually instead of having to get the entire toyworld constructor at once. do you think i should get the 3 and then try and find the other 3 or try and save up for the big toyworld constructor, or get the yellow version. I thought since they were sold out i could get the generation toy version but a lot of those are sold out and i can only find their mixer or mixmaster, and i tried looking on ebay thanks

18. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I think TW have the Constructor mould as it's the only mould they paid for in the end. Zeta Ex issued pieces would be the moulds they didn't pay and therefore don't own

19. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a question if anybody can help:

The knees on my Construcor seems to be inverted: the foot bots are in the wrong position. Seems to me that only one foot can go in one of the knees, so is it posible that they where assembled incorrectly?

For sure the foot bots can go only one way.

Anyone had this issue? I will try to disassemble the pieces and invert them if that is posible.

20. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Do you have a pic?