Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. KickZxCollectoR

KickZxCollectoR Member

Ebay:
    D5FFD017-96D0-4603-9980-59B014ECB522.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    After seeing this pic it makes me want to deconstruct constructor and put them in their alt modes. It's such an awesome mould

3. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
  4. joe721

joe721 Member

Sigh, so even though I said I'd never order from TF Source, again. I went ahead and ordered it right away. They seem alright mostly just hate that all over their site, it says same day shipping and never does that happen. If it said you order today, we'll be sure to send it out eventually, it wouldn't annoy me so much. I didn't really like this thing at first, went with generation toy's version, but with the new head and other stuff, I'm really hoping it gets here soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

Tfs ships the same day before a certain time. I think 12 or 1 PM their time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe721

joe721 Member

Yeah, but everything I've ordered from there never shipped the same day or the following day either. The worst was I ordered something on a Saturday, I know they don't ship on the weekends, finally got an email on Friday saying they didn't have it anymore. That was the last thing, I bought from there. It does sound like they're really good about helping with defects and things like that, though.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Man, that price on TFsource... I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a single (set of) Transformer(s). Plus, international shipping will be a bitch. Ugh, it'd be so much cheaper to buy the individual figures, ironically, but those aren't the v2 ones... Dammit... I guess I'll have to play the waiting game, though I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for at this point.

In case anyone needs it, here's TFsource's listing for (apparently v2) Constructor: ToyWorld - TW-C07 - Constructor - Full Set of 6 Figures

What I'm curious about is what this means for ToyWorld. Specifically that if this has just been reissued, then they're obviously still up-and-running to some degree.

8. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

This made me LOL. Pretty much their M.O. in my experience. I've stopped ordering from them unless I absolutely have to. Thanks Maketoys, for making your Downbeat repaint that I absolutely have to have an exclusive at my least favorite retailer! Everytime I order from them, even if it's an in stock item, it takes days for it to leave the warehouse. I will say this for them: I've generally gotten good customer service when I've had an issue. I've never had to do anything dramatic like get replacement parts or something but on those occasions where there's been a hiccup on the site or I needed to cancel an order they've helped me out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Considering they retailed for $100 a pop, that's still a significant savings over the v1 early adopters. But the first time the v2 went up on their site, it was only $399 (and with my SourcePoints, was only like $320 for me :)  )

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Don't get me wrong, it is a saving, but considering the shipping cost and import taxes I'd have to pay for the box set, it probably works out more expensive in the long run, at least for me here in New Zealand.

11. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

As much as we all want our plastic crack ASAP, we should consider that all of the companies we buy from are small businesses. Most if not all probably have fewer than 20 full time employees, if anywhere near that (i'm just guessing, so could be totally wrong). I'd bet some have like 3-5. They all have a presence at shows like TFCon to pump their business, so that can leave some of them with nobody in the warehouse, sometimes for days. Also consider that we are all shopping for best price/service, which caps their margins at certain levels, which affects their ability to hire more staff. Some of these places only offer limited lines of toys, like Transformers, and other figures, so their volumes aren't high enough to support lower margins. Our favorite e-tailers aren't Toys R Us, with thousands of employees nationwide, or internationally. I get as frustrated as anyone else on delayed responses, but I think we're all very fortunate to have the choices we do to support our collecting hobbies. Most of the sponsors here do a great job supporting and servicing us collectively. And I'd be willing to bet the owners work much longer hours than the majority of us do.

Yeah, they are running businesses and have to provide the right service, but imagine how much it would suck for us all if they went out of business. Choice and competition is a great thing for we the consumers.

• Like Like x 6
  12. KickZxCollectoR

KickZxCollectoR Member

Ebay:
  13. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Well, I finally jumped in on this guy and ordered him from TFSource.

Here's to hoping for good QC with no issues.

My UW Devastator will be looking for a new home through an adoption agency known as Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. minstral

Ebay:
    You won't regret it. I parted with my UW and haven't thought about it since

• Like Like x 2
  15. mark4flair

^I hope you're right....

I'm asking $250 with the perfect effects upgrade kit. It's probably a little high but we'll see what happens.

What I really want is a FT Devastator to display in bot modes and keep the TW Devastator in combined mode.

Sigh....., if only I was born rich instead of handsome.

16. minstral

Ebay:
    Another US based poster was saying they were going for $300 US on eBay. I sold mine for about $300 AUD ish with the DNA kit. I actually prefer selling on FB groups as there's no ugly eBay and Paypal fees. That's how I sold mine, local Aus FB group.

Oh, and you can work hard and get rich. Easier than working hard to get rich, and then surgery for handsome

• Like Like x 1
  17. mark4flair

^Trust me my friend, there ain't no surgery that can fix this kind of ugly......

Sorry for the double negative, I don't never like to use incorrect grammar......

18. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

Its a little disappointing to hear that even with V2 releases people are still experiencing issues, however considering the complexity of these toys, like anything, there's always a chance for a part to fail.

So I'm guess it would be wise to check on this thing before setting it aside for myself at Christmas.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  19. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

I have the V1 and V2 green sets and I stand by that my V1 is better (with the exception of that Scrapper knee connection). My V2 is so tight, I believe it causes more issues than solves.

But honestly nowhere are my issues even close to stopping this guy from being my favorite transformer set. He is so awesome and impressive AND fun!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So does the G2 version come with the Long Haul parts or is that a separate kit? I keep eyeing up these guys when I know I shouldn't. If I get over the partsforming, the only thing holding me back is the tiny waist proportions sort of fixed by the set, the crappy head articulation fixed by a kit someone sells on here, and the dinky outward arm range.