Toyworld Constructor (Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

2. banjoted

banjoted Timelord TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The first bot I go to transform and he has a problem - two right arms on Concrete. Meaning he can't tab together, and can't go into either alt or combined. Absolutely gutted. Have dropped TFS Express a note to see what they can do.

IMG_20170421_120929.jpg

3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

Man that sucks, hope they can sort it out for you.

I've managed all to alt mode now, but giving my laptop driving girly hands a rest for a bit before i go combined mode. They weren't joking when they said they had tightened up some tolerances.

4. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So since the v2 set is arriving at TCP now does that mean that the upgrade part sets will be arriving soon?

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. banjoted

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So TFS Express have directed me to Toyworld. My understanding is their customer service is unreliable, right? I'm thinking if there's any hint at all of me not getting the replacement arm I'll just have to return and refund the whole set, which would be a real shame.

Doesn't one of Toyworld's reps use this board?

7. Devastator21

Devastator21 Offical KFC/XTB Apologist

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    yeah @Qingtianzhu is kinda a rep for it

• Like Like x 1
  8. banjoted

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Kinda, but not one. I translate between the boards and them, I don't work for them. Regardless, PM'ing you @banjoted

• Like Like x 5
  10. banjoted

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yep, got it. Thanks ever so much mate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Duh, that's why the set is discounted vs V1.

Seriously, sorry that happened to you. Takes the fun right out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kojacker

kojacker Well-Known Member

Hope you get things sorted out soon banjoted. Have you tried any of the other bots yet for problems?

Hopefully there isn't QC problems with new staff training up after CNY, looking forward to other reports with their new V2 box sets. I had thought about not unboxing mine right away until I make some space, but your post reminds me to check this set out, especially at the cost of it. Mine is somewhere in the shipping system but hopefully will be on hand in the next week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone lead me to the cheapest place to get this guy?

TCP has it for $470 shipped and gives $15 in rewards after purchase which is the best ive seen as of now but would like to get it a little less if possible

14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TCP is probably the best. After rewards i got it for $425 :D 

15. Zophop

Zophop Active Member

Did anyone else's Hook and Mixmaster turn up with scratched purple clear chest panels? It's not the end of the world, I'd just like to know if I'm the norm or an exception!

16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good grief, I can't believe Toyworld still can't put their figures together properly and at a fairly high defect rate. That's two of four forum members' sets opened so far, with at least one assembly issue. The first one, someone reported a knee was assembled backwards but sounded like that might be fixable with some dis/assembly, and now this two right arms thing on Banjoted's. A third set has scratched up purple translucent pieces on the chests of two figures (not sure how significant).
    My original V1 Green Constructor had to replace the entire partsforming hips piece because it had incorrectly installed panels and one of them was the wrong piece.
    Here's hoping my V2 set doesn't have any QC defects... and I wasn't even planning to open it when it arrives, just sort of keep it for now, but the high likelihood of defects may force the open just to ensure the thing can successfully combine and get any QC issues sorted.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Ok, noticing some trends here with the new set, so I'm going to jot off some quick advice:

1. If something doesn't want to move, don't force it, you'll more than likely break it. And this isn't just a TW thing, but an over all MP thing. I always keep a small screwdriver with me when I start messing with a new robot. Just try to loosen some screws, gently get the part moving, and tighten up again. I mentioned this in my review of the set, but I had to do this with MP-36 too. His left hip wouldn't move for transformation and if I hadn't loosened it, I would have sheared that leg clean off. In fact I can't think of one company that I haven't had an overtight screw issue with for at least one figure. And I have warned TW that there is a madman with a powerdriver loose in their factory.
    2. If you have something break, or like @banjoted you have the wrong part, try your retailer AND try the TW aftersale service (enservice.toyworld.jp). TW is notoriously slow about replacements, mostly because it's one guy doing half a million things for the company. I have been told they are trying to get more staff for it, but it takes time. Between that 2 pronged attack, you should be able to get replacement parts.
    3. If you filled in a work order at the TW service and haven't heard anything in a while, email (with pics, order number, etc) to store@toyworld.jp. I know you may be frustrated, but be polite, you'll catch more flies..yadda yadda. Send some friendly reminders here and there and also use the built in messaging service at the after sales site. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. Now I've been reminding them that they have to keep at this, but I will tell you that poor guy is stretched pretty thin.
    Hopefully these issues are at a minimum. The only issue I've heard from the China front so far is one guy got 2 of the closed mouth face instead of 1 of each of the new faces.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled arguing about robots. :lol 

• Like Like x 8
  18. Wheehs

Wheehs Active Member

Nice advice bro... i listened to your advice to loosen the screw but not for the burden head

Out of the box the head facing his back. Tried to turn but not even 2mm move. I even put some lubricant hoped it can be turned. End up the plastic was twisted... now submitted claim to their system and hopefully they will send replacement...

So far other part plastic quality is good. Transformed to alt and combine mode without breakage

Attached Files:

19. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    That Burden head was tight on mine too, but not immobile. I'll help you where I can.

20. banjoted

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the sympathies everyone. TFS Express have assured me they'll make sure I'm looked after, and @Qingtianzhu has been super helpful, so I'm feeling a bit better. Still pretty devastating (geddit!) to have such a high price item have such a big problem out of the box and have no ETA on a fix, but still, hopefully we'll get there.

• Like Like x 2