Toywiz Does it Ship to Canada

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Autovolt 127, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i'm Starting to run of of places to find older Transformers,I Know where They're Located But i have 1 Question,Do They Ship to Canada,I Put This Thread here Because I don't know if it's in the Toyark or Cybertron?

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Based on some of the stories i've heard about Toywiz, you may want to avoid them....

3. Mrdrea

Mrdrea Deceptijet King

They do but Canada Customs will kill you on the duty. A few years back I got a D&D starter deck for $19.99 and it cost me $28 in all the BS fees tagged on it. Best is to have a middle man in the States where personal mail is cheap vs store that will get you real poor to get it from Canada Post.

In general I've never had a problem with Toywiz btw.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So what The Hell do you mean so They Charge me for something i want,I'm starting to Hate Canada Post.

5. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Its not CP you should hate they dont have any control over customs, customs control customs and customs charges and yeah... customs soured me on any dealings with the US unless they can be sent in an envelope.... all though with Triformis i may need to hire a UHAUL lol.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Canada post rocks, best shipping service (in Canada) I know, it's customs who you should blame.

7. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

You could always try e-bay.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Well... it's not all Canada Customs...

For a $20 D&D starter deck, to be paying that much in customs, it was probably sent UPS. They have their own flat fees for cross-border shipping, and it's pretty much blatant highway robbery. I NEVER go UPS from the US for that reason now... USPS all the way.

ALSO, Canada Customs no longer collects the customs fees on packages... Canada Post does it for them. Here's the rub though... Canada Post has decided that entitles them to charge an additional flat service fee of $5-$7 (I forget exactly how much) on any item that is eligible to have customs charged on it.

So yeah... that's an additional $7 bucks just to pay them for the privilege of having them charge you customs fees!! Is anybody's BS-meter going off? Mine sure is. Grrrr.

Here's how I plot out how much stuff is gonna cost me so I don't have any unhappy surprises...

Normally, items valued $20 and under should be customs-free.

"Gift" items under $60 value are customs-free.

Anything over $60 value is charged customs (and service fees) regardless of whether it is a "gift" or not.

So in some cases, depending on the size of the items, it may actually be cheaper to ship in 2 parcels that are each valued at under $20, than to ship them together (since customs are assessed for each individual package).

By that logic, you could buy a dozen Mugenbines valued around $200, and shipped separately, you wouldn't pay a cent of customs... but buy an MP Starscream, and you'll pay through the nose.

This is how I've found it works in my experiences... if anyone has a better understanding of how the system works, please feel free to correct me. :) 

zmog