toywiz.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

ok i know some online stores markup prices and i understand that but some of these stores are nuts i was just on toywiz.com and i found a mp optimus prime for $599.99 that is fucking insane who is going to pay that?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Toywiz is one giant scam. I expect no less from their likes.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Toywiz is notorious for their price-hyping. That's why no one recommends them.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

$600? Where do I pay?

5. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I'll take two.

6. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toywiz=sucks.

7. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

fucking joke, galvatron g1 complete c=7 170

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Toywiz is garbage. I remember paying an inflated price for a "MISB IN PERFECT CONDITION!!!!!!!1111" God Ginrai a while back. It arrived, and it was opened and played with, and missing the decal sheet. I tried to get a refund, no dice. They are a shady company that overprices their items.

Avoid them at all cost.

9. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    I gotta say, it's sad because I used to frequent their brick-n-mortar store for about a year and they're really nice guys.

It's just their prices are just so insulting that I just stopped going. It's not worth paying over 30 bucks for a toy I can get at the Target that's 2 minutes away from them for abot 12.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, on the plus side, it was probably the best place for me to go to figure out what 25th Joes were in each wave when I was looking for them for my cousin. Outside of that, I really see no use of even looking at their site. All you are going to get is a bunch of misinformation as to what is "rare" or "hot" and pay a steep price.

It is funny to read their views on either Yahoo Shopping or Google Shopping. They do not have a good reputation even without factoring in their inflated prices. You would think that if you were charging well above the going rate on everything, you would atleast provide good customer service to the people you are ripping off.

11. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I won a ebay auction of theirs a while back and I paid for the item and everything. I didn't hear back from them for about a week and I sent them a message and another 4 days pasted. I filed a complaint with both ebay and paypal and sent them a message asking for my money back.

Their reason. "Oh we didn't have actual said item in the store. And we have no future plans of re-stocking this item." WTF!!?? Then why in the hell did you post it on ebay any way? I understand this is a warehouse like toy retailer but wouldn't you set aside the items you are posting on a online auction?:throw 

But I got my money back, but after a nasty email from me about poor store management and they sent one back making it seem like I was in the wrong for their mistake. Haven't been there since and will never buy from them again.

12. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I've never visited their site before. I can't help but laugh at the almost double retail price on the RotF Walmart Seekers. Especially when a Walmart by me was clearancing them for 11 bucks apiece.

What a joke.

13. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

i have bought from toywiz before and it wasnt that bad fast shipping and all but the prices r fucking nuts. who is going to pay that?

14. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

One thing to also consider yahoo charges them a metric fuck ton of money to host thier site and store they pay like 20g a month for thier store, I used to work with them when I worked at yahoo.

15. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Eh, but that's no excuse for outlandish prices and horrible customer service.

16. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

HAHAH its kinda hilarious ToyWiz is my local comic/collector shop. They always charge crazy prices online. Its actually has a nice atmosphere at the actual shop but the prices can be a bit excessive. If there is anything someone needs from there and cant find it anywhere els PM me i can sometimes get much better deals ive been going there for years, nearly since they opened. Im also surprised about hearing there is terrible customer service i know the guy who runs the site and hes a really good guy. It may be because they are short staffed either way you shouldn't have to deal with bad service.

17. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Yep. I was curious about the reviews they get and almost every single bad review includes horrible service. Either rude operators or unanswered emails or phonecalls. Even wanting you to pay in order to return an incorrect product.

18. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I'm just glad I've never bought from them after reading all those posts.

19. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

$129.99 for classics starscream? What a fucking joke.