toysrus in Las Vegas screwing us over and holding stock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SSR, Aug 10, 2011.

1. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what can be done about this? We have a small circle that checks TRU everyday looking for MP hot rod (there are 4 stores) and all claim they didnt get their shipment in every single day. Turns out we found someone who bought a Hot Rod last week and has the receipt to prove it. but they keep claiming they dont have any. Can anyone help us out and provide steps that can be taken to make them show their stock?

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not news.

maybe try talking to a store manager? but really, not much you can do. how do u expect them to show their stock? maybe ppl beat you to the punch?

3. kavemon3

kavemon3 Well-Known Member

You can always complain to Corporate, but you will need some proof.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Were you guys there right at opening on stock day with the item # in your hand? If not you probably just got beaten to the punch. They won't show up in the manifest till midday the day before they arrive in store, and are likely gone 5 minutes after hitting the shelf. Also, when asking the service desk to look up an item make sure to say, can you check the manifest, because I have given them an item number and had them tell me there are none in stock to get me out of their hair without running it against the incoming items.

Edit, also make sure you have the item number. Most of the employees could care less about toys and don't know what the hell a Masterpiece Rodimus is. It also verywell may be abbreviated in their system as MstrpcRod or something crazy where a search for Rodimus would not bring up anything.

Doubt they are intentionally screwing you guys over or holding it back, unless someone in the group is being a dick to them. I have worked retail, and that's the only people I ever hosed.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its actually in the system and the price label on the shelf says Transformers 3 or something like that. it mentions nothing of rodimus or masterpiece.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, it does say "Transformers 3 Masterpiece Rodimus" but I can't remember if the "Masterpiece" or "Rodimus" portion is abbreviated. It's easier if you give them the item number 724463.

Be careful about the wording, "we don't have any" is different from "we haven't gotten any". If all four TRU's is saying they have not received shipment instead of we sold out or we don't know and you have a receipt that shows someone bought it then either they are hosing your group or there's some big misunderstanding.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    You could just riot...ok bad joke....send a woman in there its always work....

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woman: I'm looking for a Nexus Maximus.
    *looks at piece of paper*
    Woman: Wait, no, I'm looking for a Masterpiece Rodimus
    10 minutes later
    Woman: What's this? This is not the type of toy I thought I was buying. . . :drunk 

9. exclusacon

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. JIMIVEGAS

JIMIVEGAS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My friend was the one who actually bought the one Rodimus available at toys r us here in Vegas. He went in right when they opened and had an employee grab him one. He tried to get a second one for myself and the employee told him that it was the only one they had. The funny thing is he told me it also had a "hold" sticker on it. This is pretty fishy considering today is their "truck" day and that they said they didn't get any at all last week. How can there only be one left? Unless an employee forgot to pick up their MP Rodimus last week and a uninformed employee just grabbed one sitting in the back. To make things worst I called that same toys r us today and asked if they ever got any MP roddy's in this week or last. The employee on the phone straight up said no without taking a breathe. BS in my opinion. My buddy will be picture messaging me his receipt today. Hell is about to be raised in Vegas.

In all honesty it's just a toy, but still. Most of us would actually open this up and enjoy it. If you're going to lie to me you might as well slap me in the face. Don't even get me started on how much time and gas has been wasted. . .

11. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Seriously I would contact district manager in your area. Nothing upset a DM then have a customer to complain about the lack products in their store....matter of fact have all of you guys complain. This works every time....cuz I believe its against company rules to hold exclusives....for themselves

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sounds like the employees could be buying most of them.