ToysRUs did't help...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheCuddlyDevil, Jul 5, 2008.

1. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

OK, first thing you should know is that I live in Saudi Arabia.

Now, trouble is Transformer toys ship to here very, very late. When a toy is announced to appear in retail in the US it takes about 6 months or more to reach over here. But that really isn't the worst problem, the worst problem is that some toys never reach here!

For example, of the movie line, we didn't get a Concept Camaro BB, nor anything of the Premium line (maybe too early?). I've also never seen a Leader Bulkhead! Not to mention no Classics Rodimus or Megatron!

With that said, I'm worried that I may not get to see some of the figures from the classics 2.0 line! What if I don't get a Galvatron? Or an Onslaught? Or those awesome legends? What if I don't get any of the second movie toys?

Naturally, I called TRU (the one in the US) to ask and the guy literally said he had no idea on how to answer that.

What should I do?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    maybe ebay or the boards

3. T(x)

T(x) Active Member

What did you expect? The guy probably works for minimum wage. It is going to be tough finding toys in Saudi Arabia. Prices will be high. Look at the bright side, you are getting an awesome deal for gasoline.

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    :eek: 

ANYWAYS, I would hit up the boards though, lots of people willing to ship/sell overseas. Or maybe another online retailer like BBTS or something?

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Your best bet is probably to shop online, either through the Junkion Exchange, or Big Bad Toy Store or another online store. I don't know what restrictions you might have on imports there, though. If your local prices are what I think they might be, importing may be cheaper. Unless you're unfortunate like Airfox and you can only import a set amount of stuff per year. I'm not sure how it works there.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Well its good you posted here on the board because you'll get lots of help. Maybe you could make arrangements with someone here to buy the toys and ship them to you, too. But go check out the Junkion Exchange and the various online toy stores. You might also try eBay, but their market for TFs seems to have been gutted.

--Moony

7. Menasor81

Menasor81 Well-Known Member

ill buy the figure's for you and you buy them from me.

8. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm i think the guy maybe right by answering that he had no idea at all. ok i'm not sure if it's true for every country around the world, but the the TRU overseas branches is usually autonomus. it's not wholly owned by TRU-USA but a joint venture w/a local partner. just like the TRU stores here in s'pore, it's owned by a local company. it could either be a joint venture or a franchisee. so if you have any queries pls don't call the TRU-US, but instead try & enquire directly w/the local ones.

That said you can also post a thread on the junkion forum. i'm sure loads of boardmembers would be more than willing to assist you to accquire the toys. just look at the favourable response that you've got so far on this thread :) .

9. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    Yup I've been to Saudi Arabia, its like 80 cent per gallon

10. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Right above your post, the flashing banner for Big Bad Toy Store. They may be a little pricey but what do you pay compared to us anyway? A deluxe universe at Toys R Us is $10.99 here in the states, so what would you pay?

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Man if it takes a month for bbts stuff to reach me in canada you will prolly get it within a year. I say you hit up some places in japan like robotkingdom.com and hlj.

12. TheCuddlyDevil

-I've been researching the option of using ebay (I've never bought anything online), but there are problems that are tough to get around too. What if I get something wrong? Refunding will be difficult half-way around the world. And I've checked the international ebay sites (Malaysia, India, Turkey) and they have no Transformers.

-Deluxes cost 15 to 19 dollars here. At least for the Movie and Classics line.

-@Menasor: Thanks, I'll think about that. Though I'm not sure if you can afford to ship me at the same prices some companies are willing to offer, hah. But I appreciate the offer nonetheless.

-I just checked robotkingdom and for half a kilo they ship for 12 dollars. I guess that's not so bad. I can ask them to ship a couple of figures at the same time so I don't have to pay for each shipping individually.

Eitherway, I appreciate all your comments guys and they help. I'll be visiting Malaysia next week and I'll see what TFs are there, because according to my brother they have more TFs than over here (he sent me a picture of an on-shelf Masterpiece Megatron!!). So hopefully I'll find my figures there.

Thanks alot.

13. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

why would you expect an american toys r us to be able to help you with a question about saudi arabia. not to bash you, but look at it from the point of view of the guy working at a toys r us, like someone before mentioned probably at minimum wage, thats like asking him an impossible question. and then your post is kind of misleading like as if toys r us has wronged you in some way. s'all good though, maybe if you took a trip to the us r anywhere else that tfs are more available, you could have a field day.

14. TheCuddlyDevil

I called US Toys R Us because that's where the main branch/headquarters are. I also intended no misleading.

15. Rhask

Rhask Member

Are they any stores in Dubai that may have carry them? I have heard from people that have visited Dubai for business there are a lot of very western stores there or atleast on the very wealthy shore side. Never been there myself and dunno where you are in Saudi, but shipping prices may offset cost if there is a specialty store there.

16. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like i've said earlier on dun enquire w/TRU-US but instead enquire directly w/the local branch. who knows maybe they might be able to bring them in for you.

You mentioned that you tried other ebay international sites for TFs. but have you tried ebay singapore? last i search when i key-in the word "transformers" loads of search results turn up.

ebay s'pore TF search results.
    http://search.ebay.com.sg/transformers_Toys-Hobbies_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQsacatZ220

Since you're gonna visit malaysia soon, well just like what your brother said theres a lot of TFs over there. we also have quite a number of members of TFW from there. most of the major shopping centres or department do have TFs in stock. there's also TRU branches over there too. if you want other alternatives. there's quite a few specialty/import toy shops:

At Berjaya Times Square got
    -XL shop at 4th flr
    -Grafitti toys at 5th
    -Time Machine at 7th

At Mid valley got
    -XL at 1st floor

Theres one at One Utama (can't recall the shop name)

Theres one at Amcorp Mall (can't recall the shop name)

That's all i can think of at the moment. there's probably more of em'. try asking our M'sian boardmembers for further details.