ToysnJoys Online store feedback needed

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by CyberWolf, Jul 9, 2006.

1. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Collector of Transformers

Ebay:
    I was considering ordering from them. I know they are based in Hawaii. I'm looking for any feedback about them from anyone who has ordered from them before.
    Service and Shipping, etc.

Thanks for your help,
    Cory

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never ordered from them though I know someone that works in the Brick n' Mortar store. I'd say it's pretty trustworthy.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Their TF selection is small, but their service is excellent. I've ordered from them several times.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I got something from them. $12 to ship it, but it arrived the next day.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ordered and was extremely unahppy with how my items were packed. My import Nintendo DS and a pair of Japanese Beast Wars toys were crammed into a UPS or FedEx "flat" box. The toys had no padding at all, the DS at least got some very thin foam. The box was actually distended because the toy packaging inside was thicker than the shipping box. On top of that, they shipped it via the USPS, which, using a competitor's box, is just BEGGING for abuse.

6. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    got a big convoy from them 5+ years ago. Don't recall any problems with the service.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I ordered every single Rockman/Rockman X model from them over the course of a year, and everything was always carefully packed and shipped fast. they were awesome.

8. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Collector of Transformers

Ebay:
    Thanks guys!

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm actually in the midst of an order and I'm quite unhappy about it...

I got Viv some Takara Cubee's for her birthday which I ordered on June 21st... The payment cleared on June 26th and on their website, they say that they will ship immediately after payment... The package was finally shipped on July 6th and I haven't received it yet...

So between June 21st and now, I'd say I've had to wait a little too long and I would've rather ordered from somewhere else...

I'm definitely not ordering from them again...

10. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

I ordered from them once... it was a terrible experience. Tried to get some AmDriver items that were listed "in stock" but actually weren't, so they gave me store credit I tried to use on other items (GF Starscream) that were also out of stock despite being listed. Then when I figured a refund would be best, they sent me written confirmation twice that I had been refunded but my credit card said differently, and I had to talk to the manager over the phone to get it straightened out. All was conducted politely and they were pretty receptive to my questions, just not very on-the-ball when it came to doing stuff.

I think they mean well, but they're not exactly the best in mail-order service.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I ordered a Japanese Beast Wars Metals Tarantulas from them on sale. They had apparently run out, so instead they shipped me the Metals Rhinox vs Tarantulas set for the sale price of Tarantulas alone. The set was packed carefully and shipped immediately. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. It sucks that other people have had bad experiences with them. I wonder why this happens to some but not others.

12. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I was going to order once through them, but after checking their BBB records I decided against it.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I got MP1 from them last year at a good price (at the time)... it took 2 weeks to get here which was frustrating, but they were good with communications with me, and the item was packaged really well too.

14. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I hear mix reactions about them all the time. I use to visit rangerboard.com, and everyone there seems to hate them. I only ordered from them once, and thought they were pretty good

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've ordered from them twice. First time was a Black Convoy. The box was smashed while putting it into the shipping box. The shipping box was distended from being too small in one dimension to contain the toy's box, no padding was used, and by the time the toy got to me, it was pretty heavily beat up. The toy itself was OK, but the box was completely trashed. I contacted them, and they said they would check their shipping methods and make sure to do better.

I ordered AmDriver stuff from them a few months later, and again got a box that, while fitted properly this time, contained to packing material and the toy boxes were pretty heavily damaged when I received them, and the toys themselves were very loose, which may or may not have anything to do with the shoddy packaging. I contacted them again, and let them know I wouldn't be ordering again, and specifically WHY I wouldn't be ordering again.

Personally, I'd stay away from them. You may luck out on one shipment from them, but I wouldn't think you'd do very well if you went for a second one.

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Placed an order w/ them online a few weeks ago for a TF that was labeled as in stock. Waited 2 weeks and nothing. Contacted them and I was told item was on backorder. I asked for a refund as I didn't want to wait and there wasn't anything else I wanted. Now I'm getting a run around about whether or not I'll actually get a refund anytime in the near future.

I'd say take your business elsewhere and use them only as a dire last resort.

17. jaylay

jaylay Well-Known Member

or you can ask me to go to the store and get the stuff and ill mail them to you ... for a small fee ... hehe ... at least you know there wont be delays ...