Toys you're surprised have never been repainted.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Cybertron Dirtboss
    Cybertron Scattershot
    Cybertron Sideways
    Cybertron Brimstone

Seriously, with all these repaints going around, I have to wonder why those four (and several more) have yet to be touched.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Scattershot has been repainted as a BotCon exclusive, and Sideways was repainted as some DVD exclusive in Japan or something.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Energon Superion (no, the TFClub doesn't count)
    Energon Bruticus
    Cybertron Evac

4. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing that repaint of Sideways. Japanese and club/convention repaints still count as a repaint. Scattorshot hasn't though. If he has then I've never seen it.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When was Scattorshot repainted as a Botcon Exclusive? As far as I know niether the scout or the voyager have been repainted for mass release, store exclusivity or Botcon exclusivity.

The DVD repaint of Sideways in Japan was based on the 'mass production model' Silver, white & blue colors seen in the flashbacks when Sideways & Soundwave were talking about the war with the inhabitants of Gigantion.

Edit: Guys I'm surprised haven't been repainted are:

1. Cybertron Brimstone; kind of surprised we never saw a Swoop repaint from this mold.

2. Cybertron Scattorshot (scout); a lot of people wanted a Warpath out of him and as long as you don't expect his G1 likeness it'd work out great I think.

3. Cybertron Defense Scattorshot; never really had an idea for him, but he was such an excellent mold I'm surprised he's not been repainted...

4. Cybertron Metroplex; seems like he'd be a no-brainer into a Cybertron Fortress Maximus (name would have fit better IMPO too.

5. Energon Sharkticon; this guy was just so awesome and he'd look excellent as Depth Charge in his Transmetal 2 colors.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Duocons? Jumpstarters?

Not so much repainted, but maybe retooled into other vehicles.... I like spring action...

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

There's a ton of G1 toys that have never been repainted. But considering there was a ton of molds period back then and Transformers sold like hot rocks at the time, there was little to no need for repaints.

Sorry, must've been thinking of CD Hot Shot.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not exactly on-subject, but I remain surprised (or disappointed, yeah that's it.) there has not yet been a repaint of Cyb. Hardtop as Beachcomber, or Cyb. Snarl as BW Silverbolt.

9. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Oh yes. I think it would have been cool if the RiD Commando limbs had new toys using the Duocon molds. Flywheels would be repainted into Armorhide and Movor while Battletrap would have been repainted into Ro-Tor and Rollbar using the exact same color schemes as their original RiD toys.

The explanation would be that they attempted to reformat themselves but failed, trapping their sparks within that of normal human vehicles; unable to transform back into robot form by themselves. But when two of them come together, their sparks can combine to form a single robot - master of both the sky and the ground.

I actually bought the Duocons because I had that idea before I owned the toys. Their transformation to robot mode is pretty fun to watch. You can even switch vehicles around so that the helicopter combines with the tank and the jet with the jeep. Only the helicopter and tank combination looks awkward because of the tank's gun.

10. Autobot Jazz Pr

Autobot Jazz Pr Well-Known Member

Do you know will they repaint EVAC?

11. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

isnt evac a repaint of blackout?

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

He meant CYBERTRON Evac.

13. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

my bad:thumbs2: 

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I see. For a minute I thought I might have missed something. :D 

Who knows. They could repaint him at some point, but we haven't seen one yet. Of course, I'm kind of surprised that they haven't because he was one of the better voyagers out of the Cybertron line... even if he is a bit small in robot mode.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm extremely surprised at the lack of a CD Scattorshot repaint. He's a great toy, my favourite Voyager in the line. He could be painted in any colours and I'd by one. Personally, I'd like one as a Decepticon, black cannons, steel grey and purple armour. Call him Archforce or something.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can see CD Scattorshot repainted into Classics Warpath. And Menasor into Classics Scrapper, if they expand the repaints to the Ultra class, after Powerglide and Onslaught are released.

17. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Energon Sharkticon. It's a great figure and there's a lot of homage potential in there, and his major flaw before was his paint job, I heard a lot of fans were put off by the garish color scheme. Seemed to make all the sense in the world to repaint him... then nada.

18. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Energon Downshift. I'm not sure what else he could really be repainted into since he's already an homage, but he sure is a fun little toy.

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Folks have already mentioned most of the ones that spring immediately to my mind. But here goes anyway:

Cybertron Evac (I love this mold, and am dying for a Universe repaint of it to wedge into Classics)
    Cybertron Scattorshot (CD or regular)
    Movie '74 Bumblebee
    Move Wreckage
    Alternators Rumble
    Movie Longarm, Landmine, and Stockade*

*putting an asterisk on these because they are such recent molds that we still may see their repaints, I suppose

And a bigger list of molds that HAVE been repainted, just not in the way one would expect or the way that would seem obvious:

Cybertron Shortround (Seaspray)
    Cybertron Hardtop (Beachcomber)
    Cybertron Downshift (Wheeljack/Slicer)
    Movie Ironhide (Red Ironhide)
    RID Prime (Hotspot/Defensor)
    Alt Skids (Ironhide)
    Alt Prime (Ironhide/Trailbreaker)
    Energon Insecticon (G1 Insecticon colors)
    Real Gear High Score (Beastbox)

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, they did redeco Downshift into... a redecoed Downshift for Universe. Personally, I can think of a few characters the mould would be great for, although not really with the original head.

And I'll second Cyb Evac. I think he's a fantastic mould with a lot of repaint potential - if they could work it with E-Bulkhead, I see no reason why not this fella. Personally, mine got redone into an upgrade for url=http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/blaze-master-gets-an-upgrade-164212/?catid=searchresults&searchid=1739]Blaze Master[/url].
    And also Cyb Dirt Boss. I've seen him repainted as a Gears upgrade, and I always thought he'd look good redecoed as Skram. Or maybe even Mudslinger or Greasepit?

And Mocha: I'm currently working on your Slicer and Beastbox repaints, and of course the RiD Prime > Hotspot one was already done as an unreleased Botcon fig.