Toys you think of buying, but just can't bring yourself to do it.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Okay, so the title is a bit long-winded. I couldn't think of a better way to shorten it.

Basically my question is, has there ever been a Transformers figure you want to add to your collection but you think it's so bad you stop yourself from buying it?

For example: Beast Machines Megatron

I totally skipped out on him back when he was on the shelves; I just hated the way he looked.

But I wanted a Megatron to stand in scale with Tankor, Obsidian, Deluxe Jetstorm, and the gang (Thrust and the cycle drones hang out with Ultra class TM2 Megatron), but the so-called larger Vehicons have no one to lead with.

However, every once in a while I'll be sitting here and my brain suddenly just clicks 'you need to buy BM Megatron now.'
    So I go on ebay, look for him, and just as I'm about to click 'buy it now' or whatever my sanity comes back and reminds me I hate that mold.

It's just one of those things I can't do it, even though I want a dragon Megatron for my Vehicons.

Anyone have a similar tales of wanting to buy something, but it's so crappy you can't do it?

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Most recent MP-11 and TT Unicron. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Heinlad

4. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    First thing that comes to mind is First Edition Voyager Bulkhead. Loooove that design. But the show and the line as a whole doesn't do anything for me. So I know in two or three years it'll just be another figure sitting in a box somewhere.

There are also a handful of CHUGs I need, but they've gotten so stupidly expensive that I don't see me pulling the trigger anytime soon.

5. Salty

Salty Fritobot

MP Thundercracker.

Dont own or want the other MP seekers and getting TC might push me into 'having to have' the others simply to have the set. SS not worth bucks to me and SW was such a shelf warmer that, regardless of his actual current value, he'd never be worth more than, say, $30.00 to me MIB.

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Transformers Fan since 1985

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    MP starscream and MP Thundercracker.

I own the original MPs so they don't interest me.

but then I argue with myself sometimes saying "but my MP collection won't be complete" then i go back to "but I already own the original MP's why do I need these?" and so on and so forth.

I also keep walking by WFC Optimus Prime. I just can't force myself to buy him.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Optimus Maximus. The playset value certainly sells me enough, but the hollowed out parts all over the place deter me. The biggest deterent for me is the quality of plastic used. When I visited a friend, he had one and there my fears of the plastic used for Optimus Maximus were confirmed. It's deterring me from the other similar types of figures/sets made like it as well.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I don't know about wanting something that's so bad, but wanting something and yet can't pull the trigger on it - hm, oh a bunch.

2008 Shattered Glass Optimus Prime - really loved the figure from the time I saw it, but I was on my collecting hiatus then, and totally missed it. Now, while I think about paying the $400-500 price, I can't bring myself to do it. I'll probably wait till everyone's sick and tired of SG and hope someone disposes of theirs :lol 

MP Grimlock - one of my biggest regrets, always thought he was an awesome figure, but because he was so out of scale then with the MP line, decided to pass. Now at the price he's going for, I'm just hoping Takara Tomy will eventually re-issue him.

Robot Masters Lio Convoy - I've recently thought of making my Beast-era leaders more in scale with each other (already have Big Convoy, RM Beast Convoy), but wow, the price on this thing is really high compared to the others, in fact he's even outpacing the original's price in most cases.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

The two that stick out in my mind are RTS/United Lugnut and TFP Legion Wheeljack, both versions. Both almost want to be in my Classics collection and my G1 Legends collection respectively, but I keep talking myself out of it. Sure there might be others, but those stick out the most right now.

Oh, and Terradive. I still see nothing but Movieverse in that fig.

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Encore Fortress Maximus. But I have several months to decide.

11. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Maketoys Stumpy - Sigh. I just keep looking at it.

FOC Optimus Prime - Same as above but I can actually hold it while looking.

Both just also can't compare to what I have already but I know both will look good in my Prime and Devastator displays respectively.

Add any legend size Optimus Prime - SQ7 post just reminded me. I have a couple but those just end up in a bin somewhere with the exception of classics.

12. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Cool thread!

MP Megatron - I want him, but I might as well buy a statue because I'd never think to transform him, what with all the horrid reviews he got.

Classics Hotspot - A fave character of mine, but I'm pretty sure the Protectobots will get some proper treatment soon enough, and I already have two of that mold, and I'm not crazy about it to begin with.
    Classics Drag Strip - Same as above.

Green Giant - After Hercules I don't see why I need him, even though I like the individual bots more than TFCs. It's not a money issue, more a where do it fit in issue. He'd look awesome next to Bruticus though, so I might have to bite afterall....:rolleyes: 

13. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon and Cybertron Megatron.
    I've been looking to get at least one Meg and Op from each line.
    The prices on ebay aren't even that bad for Energon Megatron.

14. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    new voltron vehicle team reissue, want but damn money has to go to Max

15. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MP Starscream and Grimlock. Don't want to pay the inflated prices, so I'll hope Grimlock re-issues

16. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

-Gaia Unicron. At least until I see more reviews :tongue: 
    -G1 reissues. I did bite the bullet on FortMax though but he's kind of an exception :lol 
    -A/C/E/RID stuff. I picked up that Costco 2-pack of Prime and Magnus MISB for a pretty good deal here but I'm a little worried how much I'm actually going to like this set :eek: . I also got a hybrid galaxy force convoy figure a little while back. It makes me want to buy the real one a little bit but I'm already have storage issues right now with what I got :lol 

17. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Prime Dead End: I've heard great things about the Wheeljack mold, and Dead End's colors have become pleasantly searing to me... especially since someone once interpreted him as a luchador, which is awesome.

Prime Rumble: I LOVE Alternators Rumble, the only problem I have with that figure is the size (too big!) and the arms (I had to add my own). I'm surprisingly tempted by Prime Rumble, despite the colors (I hate the teal and yellow combination), lack of paint, and exceedingly generic alt-mode. I might get a TT version, depending on what the Arms Micron is.

Cyberverse Commander Megatron: Hands-down my favorite version of Prime Megatron... but the problem is, that doesn't say much. Robot mode looks great but... I just don't like the design of the vehicle mode. Not the toy's fault, but... yeah.

DotM Deluxe Crankcase: Out of fear for getting a snipped middle finger one. Lukewarm on the figure anyway, but given that possibility I could never pull the trigger.

Kreon Sunstorm: I have a Thundercracker Kreon but Sunstorm looks good, and is cheap, and transforms(ish) but... mreh.

Kreo Basic Optimus Prime: He's $4 at my Target. Kinda tempting. But no forward arm movement is so tough to justify getting.

At the prices Deluxes are nowadays... just not pulling the trigger like I used to.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Club exclusive figures. Not because they are bad figures but because damn that seems like a pile of money for something that is made mostly from a $10 figure.

Comic Con exclusives. The original price doesn't seem that bad but then you need a rabbits foot in one hand, a four leaf clover in the other hand, a Leprechaun giving you a back rub and your super model girlfriend hitting the refresh button to have a chance of getting one of them.

19. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn, you are onto my tricks! i should have know i was being spied on by a ninja!

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too many to count...

Black Zarak as a kid because I didn't like gimmick and the colours. Gold and black looks er, weird to me.

The original MP Seekers. Glad I didn't get them as I really dislike the hip kibble.

Currently, I'm on the fence with some 3rd party stuff such as a certain Megatron that looks amazing to me, 'Green Giant' etc. I'm wary of going into an area which I may have difficulty getting out of.