Toys you sold and hate yourself now!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aprim, Oct 19, 2010.

1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I got heavy back into collection I had a bunch of my orginal TF's. Not in the greatest condition but still they were mine from childhood. After I started getting into MIB-MISB and finding out how expensive these things were getting I decided to sell the old to afford the new. Now I think back and truly hate myself. If I could find the buyer I would pay good money to get them back.

some of the lost dudes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I sold my Beast Wars figures back when toys were no longer cool for the teenage me. Stupid, stupid, stupid..would love to have them again, although I did find out some of them just don't look as hot as I thought they did anymore :D 

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I sold Classics Hardhead last week. Packing him up wasn't easy, but he went to a good home.

4. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Too. Many. To list.

But it's all for the noble cause of bettering the lives of my children, so I don't get too upset over it.

5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I regret losing a mint condition G1 Wheeljack & G1 Ratchet :banghead: 

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Sold a 100% complete Monstructor on a.t.t. circa '97-98 for about $120 or so. I bought a large collection, kept what I wanted, and sold off the excess. At the time, I was still meh on most of the '88+ stuff. Still am, actually, but I kinda wish I'd kept him. If only so I could have sold him later when he commanded $300+.

7. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I regret selling my large G1 TF and ARAH Joe collections back in the day to get money for NES games. This was before they were collector items so I was convinced by my father that I wouldn't be able to get even half what I paid for those used toys, even though just about every figure, vehicle, or combiner team was complete with accessories.

I'd like to have many of them back, but have never made much effort to track down an original of anything I had back then. Instead I just get updates. Although I did get a Thunder Machine for my 25th anniversary Dreadnoks and still want to get a Terror Drome.

8. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

G1 Starscream
    G1 Blitzwing
    G1 Astrotrain
    G1 Constrcticons

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I was lucky enough to grow up during the G1 era so my parents bought me a ton of G1 toys. I kept all of them in awesome shape and had quite the collection. Computron, Defensor, Abominus, Bruticus, Sixshot, Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus... just a ton of Season 2 / 3 stuff and a few Season 1 goodies like Wheeljack and some cassettes.

When I hit my teen years, I guess I was "too cool" for Transformers. My Dad was a police officer, and the local police force was doing a charity drive around Christmas to help underprivileged kids. I donated 99% of my figures to the charity drive because I just wanted to get rid of them.. the only one I kept was Sixshot. I have no idea why.

But I don't really regret it I think, or hate myself... would I love to have those figures still? Absolutely. But I think to myself maybe I made someone else a fan for life and some kid had a kick ass Christmas because of what I did.

This Sixshot has survived through three moves and my one real regret that I hate myself for is that I didn't a) keep track of his guns or b) bother to find them before they foreclosed on my parent's house.

I regret that I did a shitty job looking for my TF weapons and accessories but I wasn't a collector then, just grabbing what I left there because the RID / Armada stuff still held sentimental value for me and I had no idea whose gun went to who. Luckily I managed to get about 90% of the figures complete just out of dumb luck.

10. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wal-mart devastator, rotf bruticus x3, rotf superion x4 (customs), FP superion upgrade.
    and so many more.

11. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eh....its not so much me selling them, as it was my mom giving them away when I was still too young to know better. I guess I don't hate myself, or her....that's just life. I'm sure I'll throw/give away a bunch of my kids stuff some day too. lol.

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sold those on this board, I talk to the guy I sold Predaking too, I think Ill get him back one day but the others I can't remember the TFW member name. Damn! I hate seening pics lol.

13. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I sold my City Commander w/ classics Magnus and Hot Rod at TFcon this year, along with all my other season 3 figs. Then I saw Wreck-gar.

I have already replaced all of them but Warbot Defender. I think I'll hold out for a Hasbro Springer than replace it. I've got the Evac repaint until then and it'll do.

14. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID Galvatron. Megatron and I are lonely. One other would be my Sams Club Exclusive RID Optimus Prime. (Yellow Firetruck) I had 3 Primes (two red one yellow) at the time and only kept one red. Really doesn't bother me now but I, at one time, had regrets selling them.

15. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

All my Classics/Universe/Henkei... I was pissed when that Botcon giftset with Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge came out and I felt it was a big "fuck you" to the fans from Hasbro and I had NO interest in collectiong a series I would never get all the ones I wanted...

I don't really thing anyone knew the line would blow up the way it did... Live and learn...

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm guess I love myself as i haven't sold any toys yet.

17. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Not exactly sold but when I was like five an older kid that was visiting our summer house made me give him my G1 Windsweeper. Fucking jerk!

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

As i have said before in these threads when i was not collecting i sold my g1 Soundwave. It found a good home but now i regret it. Oh well live and learn.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only one I have any regret about is an Energon Optimus I sold. I had both versions (mouth and no mouth). I shipped out the one with the mouth by mistake. I suppose one of these day's I'll replace it, but it's not high on my priority list.

20. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I didn't sell but GAVE AWAY (to a friend's kid though) my RID car brothers, Magnus, & Prime!!!

Boy, I miss that Prime (and Magnus to a lesser degree).