Toys You Missed Out On

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thebruteslayer, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, many of the Beast Era toys. I was too young and penniless, but I wanted them so bad when I was a kid. I'm hunting down those that I've always wanted, although they cost a bomb now.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    universe countdown, forgot to pick him up lol

3. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Botcon 2011 Stunticons set and TFCC Punch/Counter Punch, I just didn't have the money at the time and now they're going to be a lot more expensive.

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

I missed out on most of the early Classics and Universe stuff, which I'm working on acquiring now. Lately, I missed out on Wreck-Gar. I saw him in a store one time, passed him up because I didn't have the money, and I haven't seen him since.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Classics Cliffjumper... used to be a pegwarmer, now he's... expensive. Alt. Swerve woulda been cool, too, but I was in a no-repaints state of mind then... used to see bunches of him. Armada (or Energon?) Unicron was another. In a lesser sense, I would've liked to have gotten the Energon Constructicons, too, but that's not too awful a loss.

Not that they count, since they're fairly current, but I missed out on Solar Storm Grappel (lawl, lrn 2 spel), Windcharger... all those late RTS guys. In fact, aside from Wreck-Gar and Perceptor, I never saw ANY RTS toys on the pegs. I got my Jazz and Tracks from BBTS.

Also, kinda wish I had picked up PCC Darkstream... mainly just for his combiner head, though.

6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are quite a few Classics figures, as well as some Movie figures, that I either missed out on or didn't want at the time.
    -I passed up on Classics UM and Skywarp, although I was able to find them on Craigslist for $25 a few months ago.
    -I didn't get Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Galvatron, Sideswipe, Smokescreen, Ironhide, Starscream, and Bluestreak, since at the time I wasn't very interested in them. I have since been able to get Ironhide, Starscream, and Bluestreak, but I'm still trying to find the others for affordable prices.
    -I'm now wishing that I had gotten Movie Premium Blackout and Ironhide and Deluxe Bonecrusher when they were out.
    -I didn't get the HFTD Sideways repaint in the two-pack with the Twins when it was available, since I didn't want the Twins, and thought that there would be the Sideways repaint coming out a few months later in the cancelled Sideways Sneak Attack set. Now I really want that Sideways, since it has a black torso, but it's impossible to find.

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Isnt it on the cheap at Ross or TJ Maxx? Ask someone nicely.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe 2.0 Smokescreen, Ratchet, Inferno, Cosmos, red Powerglide, Ultra Magnus/Skywarp two pack. Everything else I've caught up on. Oh...and Windcharger.

I wish I could trade my Universe Cheetor for Ratchet, Universe legends Starscream for Cosmos, Universe Blaster for Inferno, and Universe Onslaught for Powerglide.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Grimlock and Starscream/Skywarp
    ROTF Stratosphere

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I passed universe Cyclonus a couple of times in stores and never bought it. To this day I must kick myself in the nuts each time I see a picture of its amazingness. The same happened to me with Onslaught, but I was able to acquire it years later.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Classics Ultra Magnus/Skywarp two-pack. It was in the forming years of my collecting, so I didn't think much of it when there were stacks at retail.

Now I weep whenever I go searching for my last remaining Seeker on eBay XD

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Classics Punch Counterpunch but thats because a board member screwed me over.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Classics Ratchet and Ironhide.

I wish I had gotten one of those instead of Sunstreaker. :( 

I heartily recommend getting the Battle in Space box set. Hot Rod is meh but Cyclonus makes the whole set worthwhile.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Classics Cliffjumper, think hes the only classics toy i dont have lol

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yep, I'd really like to get that too but I'd have to order it online. I don't have the Rodimus mold anyway so I'd be getting two new molds.

I think I saw someone selling it in my country the other day but it was for something like 60 dollars.

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics Optimus Prime.
    Classics Ramjet. I have hope that they re-release Ramjet but little confidence it will come with the missiles that the first edition had as we saw what Dirge came with.

17. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    I opened my BiS set yesterday and heartily agree with this statement. Roddy would have been OK if Hasbro didn't use plastic that made him feel like a cheap KO IMHO.

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Growing up with G2/Beast Wars there aren't too many molds I missed due to not having been born yet, and since the original cartoon/comics were not "my childhood" I have zero nostalgic value for those G1 stuff (which are otherwise terribly outdated to me).

I have passed up on a figure only to suddenly want it months/years later, which is incredibly annoying. This happened with a lot of RotF Scouts, though I eventually got a lot that I wanted. The worst, however, would be Bruticus Maximus. Good god did his price skyrocket.

And of course there have been countless toys I've never even seen (or just once or twice) thanks to poor distribution or some other factors.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a shame, because it's shelfwarming over here for $20-30.

20. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Will Amazon ship to Chile? They have it cheap.

Family member or board member that is willing to ship to you? What's $20 US plus shipping?