Toys you have/plan to get just for repurposing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

This thread is for any figures you have gotten for the sole purpose of repurposing, and never intending to us them as the character the toy actually represents.

-The Wal-Mart Black Friday scout 2-pack from a few years ago: bought for use as Shattered Glass Characters

-Energon Bruticus Maximus as G1/Classics Bruticus

-A number of ROTF figures, including Ramjet, Dirge, Brakedown, Bludgeon and Lockdown for use as their G1 counterparts (some of these instances are actually official repurposing)

-RiD 2015 Drift: might make a decent Yoketron

-RiD 2015 Sideswipe: head aside, he's a decent looking G1 Sideswipe for people like me who didn't get the now-expensive Universe figure

2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

I kinda want to get voyager Drift and put him with my smallish CHUG collection.

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    beast hunters stealth bumblebee to repurpose to a new character named bayonette.

i use railracer as a stand in for raiden. i dont say its raiden but ajust as a stand in for the season 3/headmasters/team rodimus shelf.

GDO CJ for classics CJ until a GREAT one comes out. plus it sets him apart from bee.

4. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    2015 combiner blackjack into night ops gold bug

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I buy figures all the time for custom fodder. I should actually finish them some time...

6. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I got SG Drift to repurpose as a CHUG Knockout. I ended up not liking it due to the Autobot symbols.
    But then Knockout switched sides at the end of Prime, so he fits now :) 

Also bought TCC G2 Ramjet as a CHUG Vanquish, and got Universe Ratbat to sub as Mindwipe - which worked out great since we got a much better Ratbat later.

Future plans for repurposing? I'm always looking for anything that resembles a Micromaster homage...

7. kiwisoccer

kiwisoccer Well-Known Member

Lol i am the same got about two 60L contatiners worth of TF's ive been meaning to customise into G1 figures but havent got round to it

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Bh starscream as another female seeker to go with slipsteam, still working on the character name. Bh ratchet and some repo stickers and my cons finally have a doctor. Rotf brawn was my roadbuster for a while, rotf dlx bludgeon has kinda morphed in to actionmaster charger. Sylas brakedown (is that his name? The black repaint with the new grill) is cannonball to me. Cyb smokescreen will always be action master rad to me.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Not safe for nought to three sad onions

Generally, the only repurposed figures I have are just figures who I use as the Classics/Generations versions, especially those I add into the lineup who aren't original G1 such as Breacher (included because HFTD Seaspray is my Classics version and the two pair well), pretty much every PCC "Commander" that isn't Huffer since they're close enough to the general Classics aesthetic, and RTS Lugnut as Classics himself because of his two comic depictions (the RTS pack-in and his cameo in Autocracy).

The only toy I have repurposed as somebody that they aren't named as in one way or another on their packaging (I.E. Generations "Sky Shadow" since he's obviously Black Shadow) is my GDO Springer, who is currently Cloudburst's representation in my collection. Reason being that he was Springer until I got the superior Voyager, but I rather like the HFTD Tomahawk mold (who is also among my Generations lineup because his head just makes it all work) so he got to stay as somebody else.

Universe 2.0 Treadshot = Micromaster Treadshot. Alt. Mode is wrong (for that you'd probably be better off with the Generations G2 Dreadwing retool of Megsy) but everything else is correct right down to the "AIR DEFENSE" text on the fuselage.

There's also Movie 1 Allspark Power Mudflap (redeco of the Cybertron Voyager Mudflap that's a crane truck), whose colors are dead-on G1 Erector. He's missing the red face (though it would look out of place on this toy anyway) and he's got a Decepticon symbol, but some Reprolabels and a little paint can fix that right up.

10. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    I once bought an FE Prime Starscream at for 7 bucks, and repainted it into Thundercracker.

It turned out so well, I ended up buying three more to repaint into more seekers. I... never ended up doing that. I mean, I STARTED to paint one of them into Sunstorm, but I never got around to finishing it, and the other two are still unopened.

I'll get around to painting them up someday. I do want to finish that Sunstorm, and I'm definitely gonna turn one of the other two into Acid Storm... although I haven't decided what to paint the third into.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Not safe for nought to three sad onions

Ice Storm.

If you're going to be making two of the three Rain Makers, might as well go three for three.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    AoE Beast Wars reissue, Predacon Thunderwing.
    AoE Beast Wars Neo reissue, Maximal Tristrike.
    Beast Wars VHS Razorclaw, Maximal Rockbuster.
    DOTM Darksteel, reborn Predacon Quickstrike.
    AM Jet Vehicon, TFP Jetstorm.
    FP Steelcore, Optimus Prime descendent and Maximal commander, Omega Primax.

Beast Machines Mirage (Matrix), Spystreak (Starburst), Scavenger (Groundshock), and camo Obsidian (Volt), Wreckers. Composed of two Maximals and two Predacons that raged war against Megatron in captured Vehicon bodies.

13. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Half the Prime deluxes that I have are meant to be repainted/bashed at some point. Working on something right now using the Rumble mold...
    And a slightly wonky idea using Beast Hunters Smokescreen

14. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe FE Silver Knight Optimus Prime as Prima?
    AOE Hound as Maccadam
    Botcon Alpha Trizer as Alpha Trion

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    TFP Kup as Classics Dipstick

16. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm always looking for good figures that can be re-purposed as characters in my Neo-G1 collection that need figure representation...only recent uncommon re-purposing I've done was mutiple ROTF Jetblade and Mindset figures as G2 Cybertronian soldiers under Mindset (TF10 Hailstorm) and Generations Jhiaxus...was also using three FOC Skywarps as generic Cybertronian Air Warriors under FOC Shockwave...

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I realized I did exactly this just today. I grabbed a couple random Arms Microns from BBTS and one of them was the Optimus figure. Well I don't want an Optimus Targetmaster so I cut off the ears and rounded out the head crest and am considering some minor paint and bam, no more Optimus. Now he's a random bot I'll have to come up with a name/back story for. Also his "gun" mode is lack luster so I think he now turns into a type of scanner. Same for the lizard axe guy.

18. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

First editon Arcee as Nightbird

Beast hunters Bulkhead as Ironfist, with his little buzzsaw going to Knock-out

Nightbeat as Minerva.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oh yes. I've repurposed quite a few of my Transformers.
    Mostly or my Shattered Glass collection, since I never got the original SG set, but I did get the2012 set.
    -DOTM Cyberfire BB (Murder Bee) it my Goldbug, who is suffering from Cosmic Rust
    -FOC Jazz is now the evil Autobot Jazz
    -FB Warbot Defender is now Shattered Glass since I have the Hasbro one now.
    -DOTM Shockwave is Shattered Glass....bc I have spare, and I didn't know what else to do with him.
    -And three of my four Real Gear TF's are now Shatterd Glass too.
    -TFP Dark Energon Wheeljack is now SG Wheeljack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have other repurposed figures in other sets as well.
    Some of my TF Cybertron figures I put Maximal and Predacon stickers on them to build up some protoform characters, and such.
    My BH Bulkhead is now Brawn

20. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you think about g1 sky lynx for a chug collection? It seems like he fits in size and aesthetics