Toys that you're currently on the fence about selling but can't...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pretty self-explanatory, but has there been a toy(s) in your collection that you've been on the fence about selling, but there's something that deters you from doing so?

For me, it has to be MP-05 Megatron. I don't hate the toy, but I don't like it nearly as much as my other MPs. However, if I solid it, I'd have one less unique MP mold in my collection as I currently have all 3 seekers, MP-04, Grimlock, and Rodimus.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Trying to thin out my movie collection, and I can't decide whether or not to sell Leader Class Ironhide.

3. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I'm in the same boat, so for now I just pushed him way to the back and hid him in with the human alliance figures. He looks good next to Jazz and Bumblebee...

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I 100% want to unload my KO CC but I paid so much for it that I don't think it would be fair to sell it to another TFW member for what I would be happy with. I obviously wouldn't expect MORE than what I paid, but I definitely want more than the $40 it was (or still is) going for on the KO sites :eek: 

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Haha, yeah, actually several for me. I've been waffling on selling:

-a lot of the Cybertron line; they don't feel very "collectible" to me, and yet I like the molds so much that I can't quite bring myself to sell them (not that they'd likely fetch much)
    -Hearts of Steel Optimus and Annihilator; I am passing on the future HoS releases (Shockwave and Starscream look under underwhelming to me), but I can't quite bring myself to sell these two
    -Revoltech DOTM Prime; I don't like how floppy he is, but Revoltech Bee looks amazing, and I suspect that if I get Bee I'll regret having sold Prime... so he stays for now
    -Dual Model Kit Prime: the high going rate makes me tempted to sell this guy, especially since DMK Bumblebee was disappointing. But I feel like Prime is the better of the two, and I might regret selling him off some day

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah I have a few... Botcon SP Optimus Prime, Botcon Optimus Primal, Botcon Darksyde Megatron, most of my Classics... Hard to turn away from the profits I'd see by selling these. Lol.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    All of My reissues, TFC, Encore and other stuff....still debating.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    My Masterpieces doubles.

Just can't seem to get of my arse and get round to it.

9. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    My entire Animated collection (including Botcon and exclusives). I pretty much have everything and I'm kind of tired of looking at it.

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I am currently trying to decide if I should sell my Ice Cream Twins. I am fine with letting them go. Since I have the HSSB one. I am just cautious about the broken peg the Skids or Mudflap has in vehicle mode. They still transform fine. I'm just wondering if anyone would be willing to buy it.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The only things I would consider selling would be my Power Rangers Megazords. I love them, but I don't collect PR anymore.

12. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Grand Maximus Jr.

Long before I acquired a complete full size Grand Maximus, the Jr. version was my stand in for the character in my collection. Even though the real deal makes him kind of obsolete, I still have a hard time bringing myself to sell him. But with Botcon coming up, and me being adamant about picking up Metalhawk, I may have to sell him (among other stuff) to pay for him.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Most of the Alternators I have. Along with MP Rodimus.

They're awesome but I just don't have a place in my collection for them. They're too big to really interact with the majority of my collection.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Deluxe ROTF Sideswipe. I have the repaint/retool versions of every Sideswipe mold (ROTF Swerve, Walmart Sidearm Sideswipe, DOTM Darksteel), and I really feel regular ol' Sideswipe is kind of redundant at this point. At the same time, something keeps telling me I'll regret selling him, and I don't know why. I don't dislike the toy, I just... don't really find myself caring as much as I once did, y'know?

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of my MIB Masterpiece doubles

All of my MISB Alternators doubles

All of my Deluxe, Voyager & Leader Movie 1 figures

My limited edition Palisades Devastator statue

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Leader Ironhide for me as well. I want to sell him, but he was a Christmas gift.

17. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

My entire sales thread...

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alternators. If I own the corresponding Binaltech version, it's not an issue. But what should I do with the Alts that didn't come out in Binaltech, like Decepticharge, Rumble, Rollbar, Ricochet and Jaguar Ravage?

Titaniums. Like Alternators, it's a line that'll probably never get revisited. And a lot of them are kind of cool. But the proportions can be wonky, they don't really fit in with any other lines...

Really I have this problem with any figures I've bought but never opened. On the one hand, a complete MISB collection of either of these lines would be really cool. On the other hand, am I really getting my money's worth if I never open them?

19. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Haha! I'm on the fence about selling my complete Monstructor to raise funds to buy MP-05 Megatron.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Just buy mine, lol.