toys r us wtf?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Work at target. It's basically your job to piss people off at guest service if they don't have their receipt. I enjoyed my time there before getting promoted to department head.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is just sad, why can't it be like that over here...
    (with box art instead of Photos)
    I could shove my Junker BW Primal (1st ver) in an Optimus Prime box and get a free Prime.....Just kidding, I find it disgusting, and I would only vaguely consider doing a swap to a CD Red Alert.....(joke)

You've got to admit though, If you were one of these guys at TRU, you would not accept either Energon Jetfire, or a crappy Zord for Metroplex, and I also find it disgusting that they shove the stuff thats returned because it's broken back on the shelf at full price, for some unsuspecting Kid to get.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I wonder what we'll see shoved into a Primus box and returned?

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I dare someone to put a G1 Wheelie in a Metroplex box and try and take it back.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What about those big kos from Walmart? The $15 ones?One of those would fill the box, and their service desk employees are worse than at TRU!

6. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

OKay looking at the front page (and know long this has gotten already) I just can't beleive nobody knew what that was.

I mean Won Tiger , c'mon man. Though that Jetfire cracks me the hell up too.

I have yet to witness this in my area though, one reason, no local Toys R Us.

Still if I worked at one of these places as saw that, Oh I make that moment a living hell for the fool. Hmm though anybody, how fast can you get secruity up to that station.

7. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    V Look what else we found V
    [​IMG]

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

The TRU staff should be trained to inspect the product in the box, and compare it either with what is pictured on the box, or with others on the shelf. If it doesn't match (be it a Zord, a different TF, D_C's cat, whatever) they should remove what was put in there and then have everyone shit in the box. They should then take it back to the customer and refuse to let him return it (asking him to take his poop box and leave). That'll teach the bastards.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    A lot of the TRU's no longer value knowledgeable people...they have to pay them more...in my area they got rid of nearly every person who knew anything (Just ask Razerwire how bad our local TRUs are for shopping for anything) TRU just wants people they can dispose of and hire someone else on the cheap...and, well, with help you get what you pay for :) 

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You make a good point DC

but...in this case a little common sense was all that was needed since there's a hge pic of Metroplex on the back, and a large viewing window in the front.
    Anyone trrained or not should be able to catch that :lol 

Probably would be better & cheaper for them If they just had a little kid inspect them for free. Would like to see someone pull a fast one like that on a 7yr old lol

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd guess just about anything...

12. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

I just hope that an unsuspecting (grand)parent doesn't make the same 'mistake' as the service desk and some kid who put Metroplex on his wishlist doesn't get horribly disappointed.

13. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

HA HA HA HA HA HA, Its the White Tiger Thunder Zord From Mighty Morphin Power Ranges, HA HA HA, Whats next Babie Primus and her little sister Skipper omega lock

14. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

:D  :D  :D 

Dont want to forget Dragon Ball Z's Vegita in the Megatron Package, with is so powerful gattling gun attack

15. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Haha...

Now I know what to do with my crappy Armada collection... :D 

16. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    You have to actually find someone with some "uncommon sense" to get that. I've seen this so many times that it doesn't even register anymore. Back when they had the fancy $40 Hotwheels collector sets, I used to see them switched with the 2/$1 cars all the time. It's infuriating. I have collector friends that are nervous about making legitimate returns on toys, and people do this crap. It makes me ashamed to admit I'm a toy collector, because we all know that who did it. An adult collector did it. :rip  morality

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I liked when a member here (cheebs?) found a minty original Rhinox swapped in place of BW1oth Rhinox.

Now what was that guy thinking?

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    In all honesty I've seen the Tigerzord go for more than Metroplex...and that one looks to have all the red covers that get lost easily and bring the price waaaay down.

19. Croaker

Croaker Well-Known Member

I recently saw a Sharkticon packed in a 10th Ann Cheetor box at the local WM.

20. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    A true collector would keep the box too wouldn't they? I am curious to see if they left the instructions and map.

I just bought a cybertron galvatron yesterday which was opened and returned. It didn't have a parts list so I hope I got all the accessories :mad  . I had to buy it cause it was cheaper than dealing with one on ebay.