Toys R Us raises the prices of deluxes to $15.99!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zildjian, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Just went through, gat damn.

Either way, the BOGO at my nearest one is going on so I may cash in on that to get FE Starscream and Terrorcon Cliffjumper.

2. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I looked at FE Starscream myself ,but I've already allocated money I don't have to try and complete this bruticus,hopefully FE Starscream remains after Christmas cause that is a sweet mold,not liking the voyager too much

3. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    I don't see how this nation thing came up,if Americans want to complain about prices or English or Japanese or Australian or whatever want to complain about prices ,the common theme is we are all unhappy about .....prices,hell lets get a complaint from every country maybe then TRU will listen

4. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    Ill make one more post on the subject,half jokingly...I've heard some people go down the road of what's the best country etc etc,well if you are on this forum you should know Japan is the promised land for transformers collecters
    Ok I'm actually pretty serious about that

5. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They have the best stuff but it costs twice as much.

I'm just hoping they have some kind of sale after Christmas and I get the chance to pick up the GDO figures, I'm kicking myself for not getting them all now.

6. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

not 2x as much anymore, as deluxes cost as much as voyagers now in the usa. but hey, we're all jerks for complaining right?

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Where do deluxes cost $20 - $27 at retail?

Pretty sure it's just you.

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Don't click on a thread with a title that complains about high prices. How hard is that? If the "US bellyaching" bothers you so much, just put us all on ignore. We won't mind.
    It really is pointless when a thread like this is started for an international poster to come into it and tell US posters to shut up, because international fans already pay more. If the poster is complaining about prices in the US, then prices in other countries are irrelevant.

9. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Target prices in my area tend to range from around $16-18 depending on the location. The Voyagers can be had for as low as $20-22, which is pretty mind-blowing.

It leads to the funny situation where it's cheaper to order deluxes online and pick up Voyagers at the store.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It's as if we have to get their approval before putting up topics.

In my area: Deluxes- $15
    Voyagers- $20

Maybe "costs the same" is a bit hyperbolic, but not too far removed either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    And how hard would it be to make a single thread for all this US-specific discussion? I really do not see why this hasn't happened, especially considering that it would reduce arguments very easily? Why do some thread makers feel the need to make a different thread about the same thing with the same responses and the same arguing every single time?
    Nobody can deny that it is only US members that make a new thread about this same topic constantly, this has to be about the fifth one about deluxes being around $16 in US. I'll also mention that this is not confined to these threads, but is in nearly every other forum too, especially the News and Rumours and Toy Reviews forums.

Thats not true, but it would make a crapload more sense and be better for everyone if there was a single mega-thread for all of this, because the toy forum is clogged up with these identical threads.

12. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    The only stupid thing is the fact that no one has made a mega-thread for these discussions. If its so terrible that every time another one of these threads pops up (about every second day) it gets unwanted attention, wouldn't a "US Discussion Thread" be nothing but a good thing for everybody? Nope, instead just keep the hundreds of threads coming, which is probably just what will happen. This exact same thread will be made again in another few days, certainly, and it will almost definitely turn into the exact same debate with the exact same flawed arguments about minimum wages and then it will settle down until another thread is made in the few days after that.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    JazzHunter83 - welcome to TF Toyark :)  I don't think your logical post will make any impact to the person you are addressing it to, sadly. The thread is way off topic as it is.

Starscream Gaga - I really understand where you are coming from. I really do. But there are TF fans who pay more for the toys than us, such as the members in Europe (I think TFs are very expensive in Scandinavia if I remember correctly) and I remember reading a comment from someone in Asia (can't remember which country) where there's no retail TFs and he needed to go to import toy stores and pay a few hundred dollars for a Leader class toy. But I know it wouldn't make any diffrence on how it stings every time we have to cough up $50 for a Voyager. I guess the same goes for the US members.
    I buy less retail and import more, so it's Hasbro AU's loss (if they care, heh).

Don't know what I'm trying to accomplish with this post, but well yeah let's be all friends.

Hugs?

14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

1) everybody thinks their country is the best. (If they didn't, they'd migrate.)

2) it's very hard to be objective about the country you live in.

But, back on topic.

I don't live in the USA (and yes TF's are more expensive where I live, while the whole claim about having higher salaries and thus compensating for this is pure BS because the mean income really isn't that much different and there's also higher taxes and everything else is also more expensive).

Where was I going...? Ah, yes, I may not live in the USA but still I can imagine that these price increases are not a welcome development. And wow, going from $10-12 to $16 is a big increase.

But I do think a previous poster said it best. THis is a long overdue price increase. When I first started paying attention to TF through the internet around the start of RiD in the early 00's, TF deluxes were $ 10-12 in the USA. And until recently, they still were.

That is highly unrealistic. Eveything became more expensive (inflation is on average 0-2 percent per year), salaries increased to compensate for this inflation. And yet, TF deluxes stayed the same price. That simply had to change.

The goal is now seeing what the new balance will be. Prices will be going up, sales will be going down somewhat... and if the sales go down too much, the prices will be lowered and they'll compensate in another way.

15. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    Any post I've made about this country thing is in jest and trying to diffuse the tension
    I'm here for transformers not jingoism

16. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I know, completely. UK and in some places Asia do have it worse off then us and I understand and sympathise with that.
    And yes, I'm starting to import nearly everything. It usually works out to about the same price, but you get it sometimes 3-5 months earlier.

17. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Yeah, the only mistake I made lately was getting Arms Micron Airachnid (still en route), saw her at Big W yesterday. I never thought this day would come :tongue: 

18. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thread is reopened for business. Please behave. :) 

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I did not go there in a while, how much are they selling deluxes for now?

20. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Was $23+some cents. The cheapest in my area, but then again I haven't bought any TFs from Kmart for a while. FoC Disks were $15 a set at TRU in case you haven't got them yet :)