Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Thundercracker Sighted in Kansas

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheGame2K5, Aug 15, 2012.

1. TitanCi

TitanCi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And so... people that want it should just get it.

2. TitanCi

News Credits:
    ^I agree. My nephew doesn't give a sh!t about any toys we buy him. They're the new flavor of the moment. Then...forgotten...

3. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

That is irrelevant to this thread...all that matters is this MP Thundercracker! ...Keep an eye on the TRU website. Nothing yet, but I'll keep checking. Gotta wonder when it
    ll be up, I'm ready to order!

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Unfortunately, that's the given mentality among the vast majority found here.
    They forget that these are TOYS. They forget that Hasbro's first duty is to make toys for children. They are the same people who complain when a video game or a cartoon is too "kiddy".

Oh well. Toys are meant for kids first, nerds second. If a kid gets to play with Prime for 10 minutes, compared to the toy sitting on a nerd's shelf, then that toy served it's greater purpose.

Oh well. That's between the child and the parent... and I honestly doubt parents would spend $100 on a toy for a child with the tendency to destroy. $30? maybe. $100? Very rarely except for the most spoiled of children.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I agree with most here, I would think that the more expensive the toy the more likely it'll go to some rich brat.

Now as far as Hasbro is concerned they don't care who it goes to as long as it goes. ;) 

6. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    Yea, probably will go to some kid who's family is well off. But... Thundercracker and Prime are toys! I was at a flea market recently, where I was selling a TRU G1 Thundercracker MIB... a ten year old (or so) kid came and picked it up Exclaming: "Dad! Look! It's a G1!" he knew all about the different transformer lines and all about each character. Kids love toys that transform. So I guarantee that there are plenty more like him around. That's a great thing too. Keeps the future of the hobby.

However, I never find these things in stores.. TRU is the worst. But Im gonna look. I just hope TC and prime don't come out too close together.... I can't afford that..:( 

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh noes I can't find my MP TC it must be the little bratz buying them all up!

We know these toys are meant for collectors, but if little billy thinks its cool and somehow persuades his parents to get one for him, who cares. Who cares if he destroys the toy in a day, or matter of hours. If the kid had fun with it, and the parent saw their kid having fun with something they purchased for them, then it was money well spent.

Some collectors truly think they are entitled to every new product on the shelves. You were all kids once too if you can remember that far back. Half of you or more wouldn't be here posting if you had your childhoods ruined by some greedy collector telling you to give him the toy in your hands because it would be wasted on you.

FFS it's mentality like that that leaves me disgusted with this community sometimes.

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Honestly, the reason why I don't feel bad about "taking something from kids" is because I know myself as a kid... I didn't appreciate them. Hell now I feel WORSE for having awesome figures and not appreciating them.

... that said, are people actually worried about kids getting all of these? It's going to all be collectors and scalpers.

9. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I would be more worried about the scalpers then the kids. First off, parents know their kids. Too young and they're not getting a 100 dollar toy. Parents aren't stupid unless they have excess money to spend.

Teenagers are a different story. They're old enough to keep the toy in good condition.

So I don't see a lot of these going to young kids and if they do, so what? We're adults we should be able to get over it seeing as their just toys.

That being said, I will avoid the stores and just order it online on the TRU site.

10. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    All I know is that I am very excited about getting this figure. I passed on all the seeker molds because I hated the hip kibble. I was very happy when MP-11 was released, so having the chance to get Thundercracker and hopefully Skywarp in the new mold is awesome.

11. madhatprime

News Credits:
    SO....anyone else get a hold of a TRU rep? I called my local TRU, but they don't know anything about it...

12. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Hopefully we will see Skywarp, but nothing has been said about a Hasbro or even a Takara version so far...they need to hurry up though, I'm ready to replace my MP Skywarp with a new version. TRU also needs to hurry up & put up an order page for MP Thundercracker, then I'll finally have all 3 Seekers in Masterpiece form!

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    you can call and give them that number on the shelf tag. they will know if its in the store or even a distribution center. at least my tru will check that info for me.

14. TitanCi

News Credits:
    CA news!!! Local TRU shows 1400+ on order for the area (So Cal)!!! Original MSRP 99.99$ according to the employee, but it's active and is currently listed at 69.99$

15. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

WHOA...if I knew how to check mine, I would. Strange how it's ready to arrive at many of the actual stores, yet still hasn't shown up online...someone needs to ask TRU about that.

16. TitanCi

News Credits:
    ^just use the SKN number on the picture of the first post. The employee herself researched a bit more to find out the number for me.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just stopped by my local TRU (Gainesville, FL) and they had over 1600 on order to the DC. The associate said it probably would not arrive within the next two weeks.

18. madhatprime

News Credits:
    Yea...Im not sure how to get numbers like you guys seem to be getting from the employees... I called my local TRU (NCAL) and all they said they were able to check is if they have any, not if they were on order....

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Well, you give them the SKN number, they check. They tell you they don't have it. You then ask, "are there any in the warehouse?" They check. They tell you no. You ask, "are there any on order?" They check, and say "Says ____ are on order, so we should be getting them in a week or so."

This helpful info is brought to you by the letter T and the number 4.

20. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    852 total for norcal distribution center on order nothing at the actual.center