Toys R Us Australia Enters Voluntary Administration

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 21, 2018.

1. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    He was out diving with a group and when he tipped back off the boat into the water, the Ray was right there and he landed on it and it stabbed him through the heart. Looking it up would've told you that answer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Im old school so I prefer to have a conversation rather than "looking it up". With that being said it still kind of hard to believe that the ray was "right there" when they normally stay on the ground. Something sounds fishy to say the least.

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    IIRC his death was caught on tape and actually circulated for awhile. I seem to remember some outrage over it.

As people have said, the hero worship started after his death. There were a lot of people that had a problem with the way he intentionally provoked wild animals so that they would play up for the camera in his heyday.

4. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ...No...just no...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

No joke when he passed the internet was filled with "my heart" memes for a month.

6. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Don't forget the RayBans jokes .

7. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From Dozens of interested parties rumoured to be eyeing up Toys R Us Australia | Toy World Magazine
    Toys R Us (Australia) - McGrathNicol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be weird if TRU ended up surviving everywhere BUT the US, operating as completely separate entities.

• Like Like x 2
  9. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, ToysRUs Australia is following the American lead, and will close up in the next few months.

Sydney Morning Herald - - SBS News

The online store will close this Friday (June 22nd), and gift cards & coupons will no longer be accepted after July 5th.

After that, all of the stores, the main warehouse and the head office will be closed down.

That will probably mean the end of Japanese and Asian imports for Australia... and probably most of the American exclusives to this country too, as none of the other major toy carriers take many exclusives, if at all... and when they tried to get Myer to be a source of collector exclusives a couple years ago, it failed terribly due to the excessively expensive prices they charged.

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Aw man, that sucks. Why stop accepting gift cards and coupons after July 5th? Unless that is the very last day they're open, then that sounds like greediness to me, making people pay whatever price is posted when trying to liquidate (and we all know how little Toys'R'Us cut off their regular retail prices here is America...).

11. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Wait I’m confused. Didn’t toys r us go away in Australia a long time ago?

12. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ...Nooo?...

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Sooner or later the western world has to recognize it's been co-opted by vampires and start fighting back.

14. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I think you mean “World 4 Kids”

• Like Like x 2
  15. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ...Wut... :confused:  o_O 

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

We have a rentier economy. Every person in the western world that works for a living carries on their back four who don't. Landlords, shareholders, bankers, a robot and his wife's dancing horsey, etc. Every single activity in our economy is that much more expensive as a result.

Toys R Us, and Kay Bee before it, were profitable on an operational basis. They just couldn't replace the blood as fast as Shit Romney and his fellow travelers were sucking it out. Those vampires added no value whatsoever. No great initiatives, no special insight, no morale boosters, no nothing. If anything, they subtracted value. They latched on like a parasite and killed the host.

You ever think about why it costs a fortune to have work done on your house when the only people you ever see on the job site are two guys plucked from a Home Depot parking lot that don't even speak English? Because there's an owner that A) feels entitled to make money off their labor, B) feels entitled to make _more_ money than them, and C) employs friends and family that don't even do anything but show up as line items in your bill (foreman, estimator, invoicer). You're paying for six or seven people even though four or five of them are utterly superfluous to the work being done.

Hell, I own stock and receive a couple of bucks every year in dividends for doing absolutely nothing. Millions of other people own that stock and collect tens of millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing too. That all factors into the price you pay for trucks, TVs, telephone service, etc.

Then there's landlords. That's the biggest gripe I had about being in business, behind Embarrassment Earth's lies and rampant pauperism. I couldn't afford to have a physical shop because I couldn't pay some illiterate asshole five figures a month just for floor space on some back road. I stopped going to Steel City Con because I couldn't afford to pay that asshole $250 for a table to watch tumbleweeds blow by (he kept raising and raising prices to the point you had to rent chairs separately from the table - that was a great surprise to not learn until setup time). Seriously, I remember Dom Vader having the nerve to go on the loudspeaker and tell us to hit social media to advertise his convention for him. What the hell are dealers paying him for if he can't even advertise his own show? And even that asshole was being soaked by the Monroeville convention center, a big fucking barn with little parking and four barely functioning toilets. Don't even get me started on sites like feeBay and Scamazon that are barely functional with unintelligible 3rd world help and take 20% of every sale for...something, I guess.

Right now, my workplace is in the middle of a "consolidation" that's only added more directors that don't know anything or do anything but collect six figure salaries. It's not public employees that suck up tax dollars, it's incompetent and highly-compensated cronyism at the top. You could cut the cost of state government by a third if you showed those idiots who spend all day going to meetings about mission statements and outsourcing core competencies for synergistic mojofication the door. Half the reason we even have so many H1Bs is that there's no money left over after we pay the IT directors than can barely use Outlook or Internet Explorer.

And then all of these mooks who don't deliver anything worthwhile have the unmitigated gall to cry to the media about uppity labor and unsustainable entitlements. Working people need to stand up for themselves and reign these idiots in. Don't let their talking points go unchallenged, don't be afraid to work for yourself, etc.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  17. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Guess I’ll need to find time to visit my local Toys ‘R’ Us one more time. I say local, but it’s way out of my way. I’d only recently learned of its existence before the sad news broke.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Huh?

19. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:
    The Western world will NEVER fight back. The only thing the Western world knows how to do is bend over & take it. A society of lazy, brain dead zombies that only care about selfies & Facebook & making themselves look like assholes on Youtube.

There is nothing more EVIL! Don't even get me started.:mad: 

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    World 4 kids was a coles-myer toy store to compete with toys r us when it opened up shop in australia but w4k shut down some years later and became part of kmart toy section for a while before the name dissapeared.

Is that the one somebody thought shut down before

• Like Like x 1