--Toys N Joys --

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gadep, Nov 15, 2008.

1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a MISB BT-Skids from them and when they ship him after months of phone calls and emails he was and MIB and pretty well played with.

I had to send them pics anf shit..after a few months I got my money back.

Do not buy from them.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sounds to me like they list items they don't have which they know people can't find easily to lure them in, and then once an order is placed they stall the customer while they track down the item. And then if they still feel like it, and if the customer hasn't managed to cancel the order and get their money back by then, the store ships out whatever crap they managed to track down online, even if it doesn't match the quality of the listed item they originally described.

How this place is still in business is beyond me.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Years ago I bought a digimon digivice from them and when I recieved it, it was different from the picture and description. It was very obviously a KO it even said DigiDino on the box. -_-" Never got my money back either. I wouldn't recommend doing business with them.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    You and me both. It's almost as if the only difficult part about any business is getting started. Once established, though, you're free to defraud, collude, sabotage, etc (even demand a government handout)!

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    So did you ever hear back.

6. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    they have not emailed me or contacted me...however i did get a email from paypal today that they did charge my debit card today...i am going to give them a week...and if no item then i will file a claim...they are supposed to ship these items via priority mail...so now we wait for the moment....

7. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    I am also filing a dispute with them at the time being. This is the 3rd time I have bought something from them because they were my last hope, but I don't know, I placed my order back in December of '07, so if I don't hear back from them(they confirmed my phone number when I was talking to them, so they have my order) by tomorrow, I am placing another call on Friday(called last night. The bank was "closed" so they couldn't find out about my money).

Bunch of crooks they are.

8. SuperMegs

SuperMegs Active Member

Wow...I bought two of my Beast Wars Neo figures from there in 2004 and didn't have any problems. (I can't remember exactly which ones now, I think it was my Korean Box Big Convoy and Stampy)

After hearing all this, I'm kinda not wanting to order anything from there ever again now! I had noticed their prices seem a little ridiculous compared to other places upon searching but the not giving you your stuff after putting in the money is bad news.

Hope your stuff comes in. Or hope more people file complaints until they get their crap together. (Or get closed. Whichever.)

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

their actual stores are totally different...anytime i go back home, i check them out. They have lots of imported items (toys/models/games/movies) that are really hard to find, especially in Hawaii. One of the few that carry. Holidays its really packed in there.

Sorry to hear the online portions sucks ass though. Hope you get that you ordered.

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i emailed them, no answer as expected....i am giving them 7 days....it should be sent via priority mail...so next friday if it is not here paypal claim time.....

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    UPDATE...got two emails from Toys-N-Joys...
    1st is dated 11/20/2008...

Dear Customer : ALOHA & Thank You for your recent order at Toys n' Joys Online! We have processed your order today. The order will ship out shortly.Attached to this e-mail is your invoice [PDF]. Please refer to theinvoice number for future reference. When your order is shipped, ourshipping department will send you a delivery tracking number. From thereyou can track your status online, with the shipping carrier you havechosen (i.e. Fed Ex, USPS). If you have any questions, regarding your order, please e-mail our mailorder department at [email protected]. Be sure to refer your invoicenumber for any questions. If you have been notified that your order ison backorder, we will notify you. If you have not been notified thatthe item is off of backorder, that means the item is STILL backordered. Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail as this account will not be acceptingincoming mail. We really appreciate your business. Mahalo,Toys n' Joys StaffMail Order Dept1-808-735-4546www.toysnjoys.com

2nd one is dated today after i emailed them yet again asking WTF was going on....

this one is dated today 11/29/2008....
    Hello Sir,

This order is on back order.. We have ordered these from Japan for you and they will restock in about 1 week. May we proceed then?

Aloha and Mahalo,
    Toys n Joys Customer Service
    3632 Waialae Ave.
    Honolulu, HI 96816
    Toys N Joys Online - We Carry All of the Current Trends

emailed these fucks back and told them that if i do not get a email from them within a week that these have shipped with tracking....that i want a damned refund to my credit card....

for shits and giggles i researched what you do when you generate a credit card # with the paypal plug in...you have to file a dispute charge claim with paypal...this is totally different than a claim that you file in you sent a payment via your paypal account so .....

i filed a claim with paypal.....

warning to folks...do not use the paypal plugin to generate credit card #'s to pay online with to venders....i did this and had to dispute the charge with paypal...

got this nice email response from paypal....

Dear customer(fill in name),

We have received your affidavit for the disputed debit card transaction.

Your affidavit will be processed within 45 business days.

Sincerely,

PayPal Chargeback Division

So basically i am F'ed waiting on these clowns or paypal to do something in the next 45 days...at this point i am thinking that my $71 dollars has gone down that blackhole internet webhole and is gone and i am not going to see these TF's anytime soon...if at all....

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    2nd and final update...Got my money back from paypal chargeback division...they said that Toys N Joys has 45 days to file a rebuttal (WTF ever that means) otherwise we have finished our investigation....got a credit for my paypal transaction reversed....so finally after 3+ months i have my money back from these bastards...everyone avoid these cons artists.....

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Daaaamn. Well, I'm glad you got your money back, at least. These people won't be getting any of my money.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  15. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm abaddon on tfans.com, and I started that thread. toysnjoys is the worst online seller out there. Horrible experience with them. Wish I wouldve checked them out before trying to do buisness with them. All I had to do is tell them I would tell al the TF sites out the there how they did me wrong, and my money was back in my paypal account the same day.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Glad you got your money back man

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one has filed with the Better Business Bureau?
    that helps- sometimes.
    it helped me when i had a dispute with a company selling discounted video games.
    found out that they had multiple complaints plus mine. after i sent them a letter with the BBB complaint, got my order really fast.

This place should be forced into shutting down. at least the online portion. brick and mortar sometimes beats teh netz.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    On an unrelated note, this thread breaks a new record for lasting over 3 months in the General Discussion forum without being moved to TF Toy Discussion (where it should've been posted in the first place).

But it seems all resolved and happy now, so why bother.

19. thespiritof76

thespiritof76 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Toys N' Joys has replaced Bills Toys and Games as the worst online toy shop around-and Bill's was bad with a capital B.

20. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry man sounds like you were boned.