Toys from the new movie I've hoped for - Alts, MPEs, & such

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tycho, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I'm new to the boards, but not to being a Transformer fan. Like many of you I'm a veteran of the G1 days and that's what prompts me to want this new live-action movie so bad (though I'm in the camp with major concerns for it).

Still, in case it's the coolest thing we've ever seen, I want some products up to my standards.

Transformers is a toy line. That's what got us all started.

However, Alternators forever changed my expectations on the quality of the toys I buy. They are awesome! Then I got the MPE's (Prime 01, and Starscream 03). I'll likely be ordering Megatron soon enough, as well.

With the movie coming up I think they can offer us:

Alternator BumbleBee (2007)
    Alternator Jazz
    Alternator Ironhide (can't they retool Nemesis Prime?)
    Alternator Barricade (retooling Alternator Wheeljack a bit?)

Ratchet would probably require a larger size and price point. He's currently the best movie toy I've seen yet offered, but rubber tires, rear windows, working doors, and a functioning steering yoke, amongst other Alternator features would go great with this design.

BoneCrusher might be able to fit into this "Deluxe Alternator Size" we're talking about for Ratchet.

Since they are so large, MPEs would be necessary for

Megatron (though I hate this design I think)
    Starscream (but really, I'm fine with the MPE I already have)
    Brawl - this would be a rather huge toy, too
    Blackout - this would be so cool!

I think Scorponok will probably be done alright however Hasbro makes him turn out.

Soundwave (or Frenzy - depends on the final label) is only going to be special on the screen.

But I want these toys to be made and at a higher end than what I've seen pictures posted of.

I've heard some rumor talk about a huge $150 + MPE BumbleBee or something, but I fear that will actually be too large! It might be cool, but they'll never affordably scale a Brawl to go with such a collectible. A good Alternator would do so well!

What do you guys want?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The only Bumblebee rumor I've heard was a $90 price point. It better be cool for that price.

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got some pretty high expectations of the movie toys myself. As for the Alt retools you suggested, hopefully the original movie designs will be complex enough for us! Can't wait to see the $90 Bee, though.

4. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

The main board news just featured an article that suggested BumbleBee (ultimate) was a voice-activated pet robot.

Remember the R2D2 artificial intelligence simulator that navigates around your place and responds to voice commands?

I think this is a BumbleBee that actually transforms by voice command and operates in a simlar way - but drives around your place in car mode. If it walks on its own as a robot, this could be even cooler!

Still I'm very critical of something like this. For $1,000 and time in advance to save up for it, a really good toy of this kind could be offered - but I doubt it would meet Hasbro's sales expectations.

Meanwhile, as far as the regular movie toy line goes - I'm way too spoiled by Alternators and MPEs to be impressed with what I've seen so far. That's why we've got to get some movie toys done in such good quality!