Toys are not in movie???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Necare, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so all the new toys...MANY aren't in the movie!

Basically all the scout figures aren't in the movie, except toaster and scalpel...and Breakaway and several others...

I know they make more toys than were inthe movie in the last one and they do it for the cartoon line too, but usually that follows the sales of the important figures first...

So many were sold right away tht have NOTHING to do with the film.

Thoughts???

This was a movie/toy thread so not sure if it goes in TOys or not...

2. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

Bay gets $ from every movie toy, does that help?

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Oh great, now we're blaming Bay for non movie characters and repaints.

4. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Further to that, you're wrong.

In the first two waves of 2007 Movie toys 'proper' (Delxue and above seeing as Scout toys don't appear - except the upcomging doctor) in 2007 there were 4 Deluxes that weren't in the movie (Wreckage, Swindle, Dredwing, Arcee).

In the first two waves of 2009 Movie toys 'proper' there are 3 Deluxes (Smokescreen, Breakaway, Desert Brawl) and 1 Voyager (Stratosphere) who don't appear in the movie.

5. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yea but tose ppl b in ta comics & da 2009 chars r not.

6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    So ?

Wow they aren't in the movie

Big woop

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I know. He's clearly Satan.

:rolleyes: 

8. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    You mean the comics that came out after the movie which featured non movie toy characters?

See where I'm going with this?

That's ignoring the fact that some of the basics have even turned up in the prequel novels at this point.

The thread starter is ignorant.

9. BR4DSH4W

BR4DSH4W Active Member

Might aswell of added them... wouldn't ov made the film any better :/

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, a good few of the Allspark Power repaints/new molds were based on vehicles used in the movie that weren't TF's (Landmine-S7 Buggy #52, Incinerator- V-22 Osprey, Stockade-S7 Escalade). Point is that they're TF's, and while they may not sell as well as characters in the actual film, they're still Transformers and kids will want them (example: yesterday, I saw a kid grinning from ear to ear and carrying ROTF Dirt Boss in his hands at a Target).

I say just deal with the fact there are toys that aren't in the movie, what harm does it do you if they aren't in any of the established TF fiction (yet)?

11. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can everyone calm down. I was just surprised to not see a lot of the characters that were released BEFORE the film came out that were not in the movie. I know it's inevitable and I don't have an issue with it...I am a collector and get what I like they don't have to be in the film, I was just surprised is all..

Thought perhaps Breakaway would be in the film. I figured Stratosphere wasn't and obvious the new repaints weren't going to be, but all the scout figures, NONE were in the movie and there were how many?7 released so far?

And no I am not "ignorant" but thanks for being so level headed in the forums. I mentioned that I wasn't sure if they were in the prequel comics or in the video game which I supposed would happen.

In 2007, wreckage and Arcee were written in the original script, and they designed a mock up for their CGI transformation but they were scrapped early on in the production phase of the film.

Either way, I think this whole Movie Forum needs a bit of a calming down period because everyone seems really belligerent for no reason. Toys, people....they are toys.

12. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    No harm done having non-movie toys, it just makes for more variety and money making.

But if I had a choice, I would rather they made movie characters which aren't covered yet, instead of non-movie ones.

Can't speak for everyone, but I would have much preferred a Hightower or Scrapper instead of Breakaway or Blazemaster.
    I mean, if they were going to spend time and effort making a new mold like Breakaway, it might have been better to spend that same amount of effort making Scrapper instead.

Generally, people would rather purchase movie characters. There's like a ton of Deep Desert Brawls, Smokescreens and Breakaways just warming TRU shelves over here. While movie characters like Rampage, Sideswipe or even Skids are totally out of stock.

13. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    As long as they look cool, I'm fine with that...

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

As much as I want a Hightower Voyager, Scrapper's more likley to get a toy, and even then only a Deluxe class. Hightower's "robot" mode, as judging by the EZ/Legends toy of him, is pretty much a giant multi-legged scorpion dinosaur thing, which would be very hard to engineer to movie Standards in a larger size class.

15. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    In fairness both Stratosphere and Springer (who got a Legends toy) were initially written in.

As for the plethora of new Scouts, well the Real Gear from the first movie was neither featured in the movie or in any subsequent media, so I suppose that's the equivalent.

16. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can you say that you're not ignorant, and that you also were surprised these non-movie toys were non-movie? And also didn't know if they were in the prequel comics/videogame or not? That makes you ignorant. Not inherently stupid or foolish, but ignorant, as in lacking certain pieces of information. That's what the word means.

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I am also ignorant of the extra characters in the comics and the games. I hope they do make more toys based on the comics and games characters.
    For TF1, I remember Swindle, Longarm, etc. were from the game. TF1 Arcee and Wreckage were in the comic books. For ROTF, I already lost track of who are from the games and comics and I will need to read more about them. Hopefully, somebody in the forum will share more information about characters not in the movies but in the comics and games. So far, I seemed to have read that more combiners or just their parts are in the games like Superion (Aerialbots), Defensor (Protectobots), Bruticus (Combaticons), etc.

18. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I am going to say this calmly and don't like giving English lessons on forums like this, but using the word ignorant has negative connotations, had you said misinformed or something else, that may have come across a bit better.

Also, I was aware that those figures weren't in the movie, HOWEVER I was surprised that so many figures were released that were not in the movie PRIOR to the movie date in the theaters...

Does that make sense to anyone or and i speaking a different language or something???? Usually marketers make the characters in a film and MAYBE 2 or 3 others that aren't, and then in subsequent waves release more non movie characters...In this instance I was surprised to see so many characters that were not in the film released.

19. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Yes. Also, Bay is to blame for the economic crisis in America also. He spent WAY too much on ROTF and that's why we are in the situation we are in. :rolleyes: