Toys and what to do with them?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wingtie, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Wingtie

Wingtie Active Member

Hey everyone I got a huge problem, I have about 100 or more carded, boxed, loose boxed, and around 250 loose toys, I was looking to get rid of the carded, boxed, loose boxed toys (maybe) so my question is would you get rid of them or not, I was thinking about it, it would give me more room and when they are in the package or card you can't enjoy them or transform them, so if I got rid of most of them I was thinking I might be able to finish a line or get some of the older ones loose and have them displayed. so what do you all think.

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sell them. Post all the ones you don't want in the selling forum just don't ebay them. Sold all my Beast wars and ended up getting less than the shipping. :cry 

3. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Obviously that is a question that only you can answer, but. . .I have never understood the whole keeping figures in the box thing generally. If I really love a figure or a character, then I will keep one in the box, so that I can remember what it looked like in the store, I guess. I have about 5 of those. Apart from that, sometimes I keep one that way for the purposes of maintaining its value so that I can trade it. But that's very rare. Generally, boxed figures just take up a lot of space and you can't enjoy them, so, especially regarding the latter issue. . .they are toys! Open them! My relatively modest collection (only compared to the standards set by the posted collections on these boards, mind you) are all loose, and I hate having to pay more for older, boxed figures online, when I always just open them up, anyway. . .SO, if I were you, I would open up the ones that you want to keep, and sell the ones you don't so that you can buy others to open and keep. But, it all depends on your personal preference. . .

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with that. But like he said, it's ultimately up to you. There are lots of people who swear by keeping everything MIB.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'll pass on some insight that I recieved about a month and a half ago (and other things).

-Offer it up here FIRST
    -Only offer up what you are POSITIVE you can live without first (doubles, junkers, stuff you don't like... I think I got the point across)
    -If you MUST sell everything in one lot, the price will NEED to be significantly lower.
    -What does not sell can be given to Goodwill or the Salvation Army, sold to BBTS (then you can get cash or store credit = more stuff), or put on evilbay.
    -Wheeljackslab thinks Reprolabels are trash, and is generally avoided.
    -In some cases, packaging has value. If you want the figure but the box is wasting space, offer up the box.

Hopefully that helps.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please send all to Ruination04 PO Box 55555....... :D 

I agree with what is said already. Make a thread in Junkion Exchange, then eBay it or sell it to whomever...

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying wheeljackslab is avoided, or Reprolabels is?

Reprolabels are CERTAINLY not trash.

8. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I think Karamazov80 said it best. I have friends who have more of a negative cashflow at times, and having some figs handy still MOSC/MISB allows them the flexibility to wheel-n-deal when cool stuff pops up and they don't have the cash, but none of us consider something we own as ours until we open it. Until then, it's still something most likely to be sold for something else.