Toys Alliance Mega Action Series MAS-01 Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red leader, Feb 13, 2016.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Place your MP OP next to MAS-01. Close to the same price! I think MP OP is even more expensive! I'll take the better value all day long!

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well MAS prime is a great value but there is more engineering and costs to making a transformable figure. That being said, another great deal is Wei Jiangs MPP10 at half the cost of the official, much better material, and fixed proportions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    don't get me wrong, I love my MAS-01. I just don't have the space to have an entire G1 cast in this scale. A handful, absolutely, though :) .

I can't wait for MAS-02

4. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Well, if we're measuring by the pound, then yeah. :)  These days, though, I'm looking at the best representation of the character in toy form. HT Prime isn't perfect, and it was overpriced, but at $250, it was a better option for me than the other ones that are out there.

I know nothing about the Wei Jiangs prime. Better material and proportions, you say?

I had MP-10, first release, but chrome started flaking off the matrix at the first touch, and I could never trust the ankle joints to keep the figure from shelf suicide, even in a neutral pose.

I'm still wavering on MAS-01, and if I can convince myself to like it, I may sell my HT Prime. But I'm, not there yet. Are the front-back hip motions still scary tight on that thing?

5. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can the wheel covers on the legs be easily removed?

6. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Yep, Wei Jiang is a Chinese company that has taken takara molds, made improvements and increased their size. They add metal and plastic is every bit as good as official. The cost is good to. Sorry, don't mean to get off topic. MAS prime is a great value, but the best MP 10 is a knockoff. They made his chest metal, they remolded his legs to be longer to make the proportions match the arms better, and they applied more paint apps. The joints are also tighter.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

Picked this guy up form TFSource. Was planning to skip it. Glad I didn't. Such a fun figure.

_MG_1056 (2) (Medium).JPG

• Like Like x 5
  8. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thing is CRAZY HUGE! I couldn't stop smiling ear-to-ear when I saw it! Definitely, my favorite Optimus Prime in my collection. Not the best, but definitely my favorite!

prime_cropped.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  9. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Woo that is a HUGE Prime!

Congrats! :D 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Damn, that focker is huge.:eek: 

11. char_leigh

char_leigh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! Yeah, all the photos I see on-line don't really do his size justice. You really need to see and hold the figure for yourself. It's really quite massive. I took mine out of the package to inspect it for any quality control issues. Mine seems alright. The only tiny issue I ran into is that the paint on his neck doesn't feel like it's fully cured onto the soft plastic. I was trying to adjust his neck and my fingernail accidentally nicked off a teeny bit of paint and the paint just felt "soft" and a bit squishy. I'm guessing that the neck might be made of a softer plastic and maybe the paint doesn't adhere to it properly. But on the positive side, I didn't run into any similar paint issues on the rest of the figure. The plastic quality seems nice. I remember seeing a video reviewer liken the plastic quality to Generations Metroplex. I wouldn't say that exactly, but it's close and it does feel quality -- some of the plastic feels like the kind of plastic you might find on 3rd party toys, like Maketoys or Toyworld. The figure definitely has A LOT of heft to it. It's a burly toy.

Overall, I LOVE this figure. It's just that -- an oversized "figure." It's a great, quality display piece. For me, it's definitely worth the $180 that I paid for it (thru BBTS). It's not for everyone. But if you like giant-sized toys or really want to WOW people, this is a must. I'm definitely onboard for future releases. I'm curious if they're going to milk this mold and release a white Ultra Magnus, a black Nemesis, a cartoon-inspired colored Prime, etc. I'm really looking forward to a Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  12. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, you can't really appreciate the size of it until you see it next to something to get the actual scale. Been having a blast with mine!:D 

13. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

Is this still for sale anywhere, it went really really really quickly. Didn't expect that at all

14. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

I think they will milk this mold :) 

15. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Thats weird, i've had this figure for almost two months now. Never noticed any teets on him?!?! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    Anyone else wonder how big a Bumblee would be in the MAS scale?

17. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Mine has a few paint scuffs but it's nothing overall. I do worry about the tough as heck hip joints, but I just make sure to grab the black base when twisting.

18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

Ordered mine through TF Source yesterday with free shipping. I suspect this will become the stand out piece in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  19. geekatron prime

Reposting these here as well, since I got the big guy holding MP Megs. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  20. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I was not prepared. Not prepared AT ALL for the humongousness of this guy. I mean, I knew he was big, but wow. WOW!

I need MORE of these monsterous TFs!

• Like Like x 4