Toyrus Japan TF sale!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jon, May 31, 2009.

1. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    With ROTF toys out in Japan all Henkei deluxes are 30% and the ultras are over 50% off. My Toysrus here only has Hotshot and Dinobot left but they are only 1400 Yen now! The Classics cartoon version ultras Onslaught, Powerglide and Silverbolt are now 2000 yen instead of 4500 yen. Just wanted to let anyone in japan who somehow hasn't checked their toysrus'.

2. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

the fuck. why aren't the same sales here in the u.s.

damn you relentless machine of capitalism, of which i am but a mere cog

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there have been sales on universe toys in pretty much all the stores to varying degrees

we dont get henkei here

your complaints are unfounded

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

and your logic is nonexistent.

henkei's correlation is universe. Don't be snide by putting comments that are obvious.

There have been NO SALES on ANYTHING transformers in the stores that are accessible to me, locally in NYC.

5. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's not hasbro's fault you don't live near a walmart or target or their east coast equivalents, nor near a TRU

in the UNITED STATES there have been tons of sales

even on the internet, there are discounts on universe stuff on HTS and amazon.

keep bitching about "not getting those sales"

blaming "capitalism" is ridiculous

blame yourself for not having a credit card and internet connection, a car, or some common sense

6. jon

News Credits:
    hey damn this wasnt intended to start anything. but think of it. henkei deluxes are 20 bucks and now they are only 14 dollars. and deluxes are only what 12 something in the states, I haven't been in the states in awhile. and the ultras i think are like what 2 dollars better than the states. so nothing to really get mad about.

7. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    Yeah I definitely picked up Shadow Blade Megatron for $20 and a second Optimus Prime Mighty Mugg for $5 at Target yesterday here in the US. There's plenty of sales. Most of the stores will start clearancing the shelf warmers quick to make room for more ROTF toys.

8. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

Nice! Going to have to go and check them out, hopefully I can grab a Powerglide and Smokescreen. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs2: 

9. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

wow nice guy

10. jon

News Credits:
    forums full of them :rolleyes: 

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Man, I knew those would come down in price once I left! I need to send my troop over there to pick me up an Onslaught and Silverbolt!

12. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

:p .

Hasbro doesn't control distributions or sales (pricing discounts). Retailers do.

The closet retailer that is near me is Toys R Us, which is in Times Square (15 min away by subway, so yup you're right about no car!). They have everything there $5-$10 more than you are used to. They do not have 30% off sales. I wouldn't expect you to know what factors drive that decision.

Tell me, where in the UNITED STATES is Universe Cyclonus for 30% off? Inferno? Which store, which website? Go ahead and use your gas money, your allowance, your leased car, your rent money, to go rush to your local walmart or target in your town of bumblefuck california and save on the $3 sale you're stamping your feet about. Or you can even use your internet, and save having to pay for gas, making your governor happy.

Nah...it's more fun to expose people like you who jump on a poster to feel all superior.

Blaming capitalism is not ridiculous...it's ACCURATE.

Capitalism, since you clearly have the media-sensationalized definition in mind and foolishly interpreted my post in the same conforming manner, is the allocation of goods and resources at market prices. Conversely, capitalism allows for price discovery. Times Square Toys R Us is the company's flagship store, WOLRDWIDE. There is no justifiable sale when the consumer traffic is non-stop and in a prime location, hence the $5 price bump on deluxe figures compared to your walmart in bumblefuck california.

the original poster stated a 30% off sale in his local TRU because the ROTF line has been released. My TRU has Supreme Unicron for $59.99. Your internet retailer in wyoming that has a sale? NOT the same corollary as a TRU brick and mortar having 30% off. Need explanation behind the pricing? I could explain it to you, and working in an investment bank literally does make me a cog in the machine of capitalism, but you should just go on in your own comprehensive common sense view of economics.

After all, it's not my fault that you use your gas money, your internet connection, and your rent money, and even that little credit card with sparkling credit history, to subsidize all those wonderful sales on Transformer toys. But then again, you must have a lot of common sense, since you live in a small town, but say otherwise just cause "it's the nearest big city." Where you live, I bet a lot of people have common sense like you do. CA seems to be doing remarkably well in managing its money, and taking advantage of those plentiful, cheap homes, which, they of course, found (on sale!) using the internet, and it's people like you who perpetuate that same financially sound situation.

He is isn't he? But, not as nice as me.