Customs: Toyota Rollbar HELP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ryan_bigdawg, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ryan_bigdawg

ryan_bigdawg Well-Known Member

Hey Guys! I know some of you are good reshellers on alternators but I want your help so I can do My first Reshell, Im thinking of puting a 1/24 toyota 4-door pickup
    model body to replace the jeep wrangler body on rollbar.

Can you help me or give me a tutorial!

On the title I Ment Toyota

I am so looking forward for this reshell

2. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

you need to put pics of your reshell. one thing you can use as guide is jafs reshell on jazz.

http://www.tfmaster.com/Jazz_FollowAlong.php

its not the same but at least you have some guidelines. biggest advice i found was the simplest. you can put back what you have cut but you can always cut little by little to do adjustments.

3. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Is this your first time re-shelling something like this?

If so i recommend that you do something a little less complex. Not trying to discourage you but re-shelling something like an alt is really frickin hard!.

I just don't wanna see you spend out a small fortune on materials and then get so frustrated half way through that you end up scrapping the project. Trust me i jumped in at the deep end and it wasn't a wise idea and the outcome wasn't that pretty.

Maybe start out with some small mods to begin with, things that just enhance your toys, but something that gives you a feel for kitbashing. Once you get used to it slowly move up to something as advanced as this.

I mean its your choice at the end of the day but i wouldn't recommend doing something this complex if you are a newbie.

4. ryan_bigdawg

ryan_bigdawg Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right. Thanks thats really helped

5. SonRay

SonRay Banned

No problemo.