Toyline "hotness" question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

So I'm going through my collectio nand thinking of pruning/selling some stuff. However what it seems I want to part with doesn't seem like anything special. AKA, the reason I'll let it go is the same reason others didn't want it in the first place. So here's my question. I listed the lines I have stuff from and will get rid of. What lines and if possible, figures, do you think will actually be worth selling? Or should I just say screw it and keep em anyway. Anything will be appreciated.

Also, I was thinking, maybe ditching the lesser wanted figures by bundling them with the more popular ones. Just a thought.

So here's the lines:

Beast Wars
    Beast Machines
    Energon
    Armada
    Universe
    Maybe some Cybertron

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Try selling the ones you want the least first and then if they don't sell try bundling them as you stated. Don't start by sell the ones you want with the ones you don't first because you could regret it later.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why are you selling in the first place? Desperate for some extra cash or are you just tired of your stuff?

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I realize you've decided to sell, but don't let anything special to you get away. not to sell another...I have had a few times where I needed money, sold stuff, etc. and really regretted it later. I guess what I mean is if bundling (figure x) with (figure a) will sell (x), who might not sell alone, if you want or like (fig a) I just think you might regret it. I hate to see people part with something special, but good luck selling off the stuff you don't want!

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone's going to want any Armada.

I'd say Beast Wars would sell the best out of those, but it depends on what figures really.

Also, if any of the BM toys your selling includes the Battle for the Spark stuff I'm interested.

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

If you've got any Arthropod (spiders, shellfish, insects, millipedes, etc.) bots from any of those lines, lmk! I'm always on the look-out!

Here's my order for best sellers to worst sellers (IMO, but does not reflect my personal preferences):

Beast Wars
    Maybe some Cybertron
    Beast Machines
    Universe
    Armada
    Energon

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would sell little chunks and teams of your least favs first. Or $20-30 lots.
    Making those $10 auctions gets repetitive after awhile especially after those fees bite ya. And all that boxing & shipping gets old as well.

Or you could have fun with it and offer a bunch for trade. Maybe someone will trade something cool for someone dumb lol

8. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Only get rid of the ones you know you are not going to miss. If you have any Minicons I will gladly take them or a Universe Ultra Magnus :thumb 

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I suggest selling them in small lots. Put bots that you know should sell with bots that normally wouldn't sell all that well.

I've done the same thing you did, and feel better for it. At one time I had the RiD and Armada lines in their entirety, and now all I have is Landfill, RiD Scourge, and Unicron from those lines respectively.

I just shaved off what I didn't want fiddle with anymore and now I enjoy my collection more. I guess sometimes less IS more...

10. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    the problem you'll probably run into that I had and I see a lot of people having is, no body wants the Armada, Energon or Cybertron stuff. They don't want to pay anything for the RID stuff. So it gets tricky to sell the stuff. Right now I'm cleaning out some orginal G-1 stuff that I have 2 or 3 reissues of to one of my friends because at least I know where its going and that the person that's getting them will really enjoy it.

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I guess it really depends on why your selling them, is it money and/or space reason or is it just for the sake of getting rid of some cause your tired of them... If you need to sale them then go ahead, but if you dont keep them. They can't be doing any harm where there too and you never know how you 'll fell about them down the road... But if you do sell I can say that i am interestes in everything beside Universe and Beast Machines, i have some loose end to tie up in most of those lines

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

it's mostly space. I really don't display 90% of them and really have no sentimental value to most. The ones I do enjoy will of course stay

13. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Sell them to someone like myself or BBTS who will take ALL the ones you have and not just pick and chose. I like a lot of the armada, energon and cybertron stuff because I can sell that stuff all day to moms and kids who don't have it yet. That way you can put all your money towards something you do want instead of just giving ebay your money. Also it makes for easier shipping to ship everything out at once instead of shiping tons of smaller boxes.

Your call of course but I don't think a lot of people think about that route. Trying to sell things piece by piece on ebay gets expensive, not just cash but time as well, and time is money.

Spencer.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Yeah, you tell me! :p