Toyhax/Reprolabels sticker quality has gone downhill

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Blew, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Blew

Blew Active Member

UPDATE: Toyhax is awesome! Please read this post before reading any further!
    Toyhax/Reprolabels sticker quality has gone downhill

Original post below:
    Warning to anyone wanting to buy stickers from Toyhax/Reprolabels. I'm really disappointed in the quality of these stickers. The lines which are cut to separate the stickers from the backing are too fine, meaning that the stickers are EXTREMELY hard to remove. I've now destroyed four autobot symbols before I've been able to remove one which would not rip before pulling away from the sticker backing.

The quality has obviously gone down hill as of late, because the older stickers with the Reprolabels branding used to be much better. The stickers you can see in this pic have no branding and are basically cheap trash for the same price.

Symbols for Autobots (Silver backed)

I complained a few times to them and asked for replacements in the older style, and they ignored me.

Reprolabels/Toyhax as is now is obviously not what it used to be. Waste of money. Avoid!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

Either you got a defective product, or you were being somewhat careless when you were removing them. I don't have a set to compare, but I shall attempt to be extra careful to not destroy them.

3. Blew

Blew Active Member

The former, I can assure you. I have the Reprolabels branded Decepticon stickers and they are fantastic. It's these new non branded ones which they are now sending out which are terrible.

4. Sa173533

You probably need to bend the sticker sheet a bit to cause the sticker you are wanting to come out to pop out a bit before removing it. That's what people do when they apply stickers.

5. Blew

Blew Active Member

Haha yes I do know how to remove stickers! As I said, the older branded stickers are great, but these new unbranded ones are terrible.

I've tried all manner of bending, cutting with scalpel, using tweezers, pen knife etc but these stickers are simply not cut well and will not come away from the sheet without a fight. By the time they do come away they rip, scuff, or crumple.

6. Sa173533

Well, I wonder if my experience with those stickers are much better than your experience.

7. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When were they ever branded? They were stickers on a sticker sheet with no branding on the product whatsoever.

I purchased several new symbol sheets from toy hax and haven't had an issue with them. Of course I don't remove them with my fingers, rather a hobby knife so I don't disturb the adhesive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I don't notice any difference. I have gotten an occasional dud from them, but they're always willing to replace a defective sticker set.

9. Blew

Blew Active Member

I think this is a new batch. I asked for replacements a number of times and they've ignored my requests :( 

10. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, that stinks. I know that the one guy, I can't remember his name, has a facebook account. Try contacting him directly.

Edit: Aaron Black.

11. Blew

Blew Active Member

I have Decepticon labels which have Reprolabels branding and usage paragraph at the top. These are infinitely better quality than the unbranded ones, which are very noticeably lower quality when comparing them side by side. I'll take a pic and post it when I'm at home.

Edit: The inferior unbranded ones have "oracal" branding on the back of the sticker sheet, while the superior branded ones are blank on the back.

12. Blew

Blew Active Member

Thanks! I've messaged him directly and will let you know how it goes!

13. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

I just got a few sets today. My silver backed sticker has the reprolabels stuff at the top, and it came off easily enough. The mirror backed stickers look more like that link, with no logos or anything at the top. Haven't tried one yet.

On a different note, I was quite shocked when I saw how small the sheets are! I was expecting around 8.5x11 sheets. :/ After I mis-aligned a white outline sticker, I'm now down 20% of that size!

14. Blew

Blew Active Member

I'm very pleased to report that Aaron replied saying that he will destroy the bad stock, apologised for the customer service and explained that this is not normal for them, and given me a very generous credit towards new stickers.

He's also given me his email address in case of future delays in replying to queries.

How to do customer service right!

• Like Like x 3
  15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    so much hatred. your jimmies are clearly rustled, fiend. Here, have a Kit-Kat Bar.

anyway, I've bought plenty of Repros over the years and I can't really say if the quality is poor. they do experiment with various materials when making the stickers because they are trying to evolve and make the best product money can buy. I take it, you're not good with remoing your stickers via exacto knife? anyway, it's all about patience and carefully removing those decals.

sorry you got a lemon batch, and i'm sorry you're frustrated. But, you do realize your on a fan page full of folks who actually buy Reprolabels right? :lol 

I'm not sure you'll gain too much sympathy with your crumby attitude, no offense.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Belay that last comment lol. I'm glad you got some assist with your issue.

Aaron is an awesome dude and is Always looking out for his customers. always. :) 

17. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got a set of MP Soundwave stickers recently and they were great, however I have yet to get a set of Bot or Con symbols that were actually cut correctly off Reprolables, the alignment is always a little off. Ocean decals are my personal choice for fraction symbols these days.

18. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've had some issues but they resolved them quickly.

19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yep.

A while back I purchased the G1 Reflector upgrade set. Upon arrival, all of the chromey stickers were just a mat finish, almost grayish white even.

I cross referenced it with the pictures online to ensure that it was a printing error.

After emailing them and explaining, they thanked me for bringing it to their attention and sent me a new set immediately.

Then my KO Reflector broke two weeks later. lol

20. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    well i managed to contact them and they replaced them, all is well now :)