Toyhax Reprolabels Set for PoTP Blackwing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by That Guy, Nov 3, 2018.

1. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put on the Toyhax Reprolabels Set for PoTP Blackwing and tried to shoot the whole thing I was really surprised by this set. It goes for the same price as the Grotusque set that I checked out a week ago or so, but I feel like it includes a lot more. There are a ton of detail stickers, that really work with the available space and molded details already on the figure. The underside of the wing stickers add a lot of color in bot mode, and the ab and chest metallic stickers also look great. I was surprised by the detail stickers to mimic Throttle and Hi-Test in alt mode.

My only nit-pic complaint, and it's not really a complaint is that I would have loved to have an alternate $15 set that also included clips to help hold Dreadwing together in alt mode, since Toyhax has sold plastic bits in the past. As is I gotta 3D print something, which I'll get to eventually.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My only complaint is that you have to buy both sets for the figures to be completed. Otherwise, I fully agree with this. They look great!

• Like Like x 1
  3. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see that. I didn't think about it while I only had Dreadwind. But yeah, it is a bit of a shame that they didn't include Hi-Test with Dreadwind. I feel like that's probably the result of a decision to include the Powermaster stickers after Blackwing came out.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It doesn't seem like those little stickers would make much of a difference, but they really do give some detail that's sorely needed. I end up using the fists/armor in place of the Powermasters in vehicle mode, thus covering up the stickers, but they look good in robot and combined mode, which is what I wanted the stickers to do in the first place.

I, too, would like molded stabilizer pieces for the combined mode. Seems like a missed opportunity on their part.

• Like Like x 1