Toyhax Backdrops/stages

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, May 6, 2016.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can also vouch for these being SUPER RAD.

I bought a bunch at TFCon Toronto last summer. They are really nice images. Reprolabels had a big pile of them at their table for like $5 cdn each (or like $3.50 US). Some were mis-cut, some had folds, some didn't - they were a bit of hit or miss, but for the price, I thought they were great. I think I spent like $40 or something on them. I think I got the 12 inch/30 cm size - they fit pretty well height wise in a detolf, but depending how they've been folded - they can sit nicely inside or need to be taped to the outside/back of your display.

For those who are cheap - I think somewhere in this forum is buried some fan made project where there were color pdf's of the ark and the decepticon base. The images/pdfs were made available for free and I think the creator just asked that you don't profit off them or use them for professional or for profit purposes.

I printed off some at 11 x 17 at high quality and they look pretty good as well. Did it a year or two ago and unfortunately don't recall where I put the pdf images now.

If you are in a bind and want something professional looking though - definitely consider the Reprolables option. They should really have a bulk discount given that most of us have multiple shelves - so once you do one shelf with a backdrop - the rest of your shelves start to look empty/boring... lol..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

OH NO!

i was planning long term a expansion into a 5th case... but i cant have mismatched lights... I have the puck lights, they sit on top my case...

bahhh

thanks for compliments though guys

3. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

if I didn't display my bots on a large window sill where the backdrop would sit and block out the light, I'd get it. looks awesome!

bucket

4. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Many here on the boards say that sunlight destroys plastic and color over time.

Just an FYI if you hadnt heard.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Will fade and/or cause yellowing. I'd be looking to block out that light altogether!

6. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

no other place to display em unfortunately. We just moved, and I never had a say in the house. (dragged my wife to michigan, she picked the house in return. I simply don't have a good way to display currently

bucket

7. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

I got a nice surprise from Toyhax that included a set of both faction dry rubs stickers and a discount code, sure is nice of them (of course I spend an insane amount of $$$ on stickers than a sane person should)
    I wonder will they start to offer dry rub stickers along with the normal ones for their figures.

8. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Considering that they ship from Canada and have those issues to contend with on postal pricing, it's not so horrible...especially if you buy several at once.

9. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    $20 for one backdrop - ouch!!! I would really buy a few, but not for this price! I have 9 Detolfs full of Transformers figures, I really would like to add such backgrounds, but for me that would be 9 Detolf with 4 shelfs at a price of 20 each, that would be $720 just for the backgrounds! More than I paid for the Detolfs itself!
    That's crazy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHADDO

Sunlight, ESPECIALLY direct sunlight, will absolutely DESTROY the plastic of any figures, particularly Transformers figures which tend to have numerous thin sections due to transformation.

The sunlight not only fades, yellows otherwise bleaches the colors, but it also dries out the plastics and makes them super brittle, thus VASTLY INCREASING the extreme likelihood of breakage, accidental or otherwise...stress marks won't be an issue though, because the plastic will be so dry and brittle from the sunlight, that it will just be an instant break right on the former stress point.

I'd invest in blinds for the window, look into upper level wall shelving to go around the perimeter of the room along the walls, and look at something like track lighting and LED energy saving bulbs to brighten the room and highlight your displays.

Your other options are probably going to be:
    1) Store your collection away in totes out of direct sunlight, extreme cold and heat, until you can safely display them...
    2) Leave them as they are and let them fade and dry rot into oblivion...
    3) Sell your collection off if you don't foresee being able to create a safer display environment for the figures you've invested in to enjoy them over time...at least that way someone else will be able to appreciate them.

But in all seriousness, yes, sunlight WILL BRUTALIZE your figures in a major way. (As will smoking, extreme cold, and extreme heat, and any combination thereof...)

11. SHADDO

How much are you asking?...IF you even still have it by now, lol.

12. Nebokalypse

Nebokalypse Well-Known Member

He put it on eBay. The link is in his signature. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. SHADDO

• Like Like x 1
  14. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you, glad it's getting some interest... auction ends today :p 

15. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've another ToyHax backdrop for sale in case anyone is interested (link in my signature)

Offers welcome, cheers.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Older pics, but I just wanted to show the stages off. I am sure a better photographer could do a better job with them. These are the "large trimmed" ones marked at $35 each.

Decepticons Season 1 ToyHax.jpg Autobots Season 1 ToyHax.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 5.29.46 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I also have their backgrounds, check my sig for the link to my collection, there you can see the backdrops.

18. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is for sale (more photos and details on eBay - link in signature)

Very nice background. Offers welcome...

[​IMG]

19. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the likes of Terminus and Phoenix, what are people doing for backdrops? These are now too small.

20. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I use them. They look great.

20171115_212738.jpg 20171214_212300.jpg

Don't forget to get the floor tiles (as seen under the feet of my Deceptions).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1