Toy Thread Of The Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldbugTM2, Sep 18, 2016.

1. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

Something that intrigues me in terms of collecting TF toys is the collecting of Prime figures. I'm not talking about Optimus & Rodimus, we've got them covered in spades. (If you don't have at least one Optimus and Rodimus/Hot Rod figure, what's wrong with you?! :eek:  ) They should be on the list, but already checked off with ease. There are other Primes though. My point of reference is a little off, being the many faces Optimus sees going through the matrix in Return of Optimus Prime. (I think he also revisited past Primes in the Vector Sigma episode or something.) In any case there's now more than one list of Primes depending on the continuity, and for the purposes of this thread I'm rather inclined to include them all.

Many of the old Primes still do not have a single figure in the entire history of Transformers. Here are the ones that do:
    Optimus Prime - LOTS of figures.
    Orion Pax - Really 2 different figures. A Japanese exclusive reissue repaint of G1 Kup, and a more recent legit toy in the Generations line.
    Rodimus Prime - LOTS of figures, but maybe not as many as Optimus
    Hot Rod - same as Rodimus
    Alpha Trion - Two figures: a repaint of Cybertron Vector Prime, and now finally his first real legit toy as part of Titans Return.
    Megatronus - I don't know if I really count him, but he's got one toy related to Revenge of the Fallen.
    Prima - technically the "Protoform Optimus" movie toy counts for Prima, but I don't really agree.
    Leige Maximo - If you really want to count the one arm of Prime "Darkest Megatron"
    Vector Prime - Mainly 2 toys: Cybertron and Generations, though the Generations figure was made in limited quantities.
    Logos Prime - One toy, super limited exclusive in Japan.
    Nexus Prime - Combiner, made only one time and you could only get him through Hasbro Collector's Club.
    Sentinel Prime - One toy, part of Titans Return, but it's a repaint of Astrotrain! Unworthy of a Prime! (Yes, I know the Sentinel Prime toy came out first, no I don't care!) There's also a few movie toys, and one Animated toy.
    Onyx Prime - ZERO Toys. :( 
    Solus Prime - ZERO Toys
    Alchemist Prime - ZERO Toys
    Epistemus - ZERO Toys
    Solomus - ZERO Toys
    Autonomous Maximus - ZERO Toys
    Micronus Prime - ZERO Toys
    Amalgamous Prime - ZERO Toys
    Quintus Prime - ZERO Toys
    Nemesis Prime - clone of Optimus, doesn't count!
    Lastly, I guess we could include:
    Primus - One toy for the Cybertron line, then got repainted for Generations exclusively in Japan. Personally I think Primus should be done as something other than a planet/Cybertron

Anyone I forgot? There's enough characters in the amalgamated list for a whole line. It would certainly make for a very intriguing line at that. :cool: 
    So many that don't have a PROPER toy yet...

2. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I'd count him, as he's one of the original 13 primes. by the rotf toy I assume you mean the fallen figure, but he's got more toys than that. There was a titanium fallen in his original dreamwave design. And most significantly, RiD 2015 has several toys of him, actually labelled "Megatronus," not the fallen.

I honestly don't know what else he could be, there's no other set precedent. Maybe the Allspark? But then he's just turning into a cube or another abstract object.

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I never really cared for the ROTF voyager so my preferred Megatonus Prime is the RID Warrior, kind of small but he is still very nice.

Now what I really want to see Hasbro do is release more CHUG Primes, we need a Rodimus Prime obviously cause we have plenty of Hot Rods (not one of which I own).
    I've said countless times before but I'd love for a Prima retool from either Universe 2008 Cyclonus or Combiner Wars Cyclonus, just replace his gun with the Star Saber.
    I'd love for a voyager Megatonus based on his appearance in War Within.
    It should of been obvious during Combiner Wars to make a Nexus Prime.

I guess since they are suppose to be cross-dimesional beings but after seeing RID I want to see a retool of Prime Ratchet as Micronus Prime.
    Another Prime figure retool I want to see happen is Alchemist Prime from the second Prime Bulkhead voyager figure.
    And I guess they could re-release Vector Prime from Cybertron.

Plus I'm dying for a Solus Prime figure as a fan of Fembots.

On the other spectrum of Primes, I'd love to see them do a Zeta Prime based on his appearance in the War for Cybertron Game. And since I can't afford the Fun Pub deluxe I'd also want to see a voyager or leader Nova Prime.

4. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

I'm guessing you're not including 3rd party? Solus, Prima, and the Fallen all have really good options available.

5. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

Nope, not really into 3rd party at all.