Toy Story toys at Toys'R'Us

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by red4, Aug 7, 2009.

1. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

It was just a question,I honestly didn't know. There was a Topless Robot article a while back that claimed no accurate Buzz had ever been made,allthough anyone who frequents that website knows how much rampant bullshittery goes on.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Can anyone give me a complete list of what each of the three Buzz toys do? I would like a movie accurate one, and I know the movie one doesn't have the "talk-back" feature... at least... I don't think it did... I can't remember.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    His helmet does that that...that whoosh thing!

May have to keep an eye out for one of those accurate Buzz figures, be kinda cool to mess with.

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Don't forget glowing in the dark (I fail at TS references :(  ).

Spotted these at Kmart today, mainly the 6" figures and... some other price point. It's waaaaay too easy to overlook them. They blend into toy sections too well.

But a Rex with "proper" articulation is awesome. Need to find him.

5. red4

red4 Banned

Ah! Well his helmet does open and close, but I don't think it's spring loaded (with a button release). Infact, the helmet opens and closes on all the Buzzes, except the little statuey one (that I noticed).

6. red4

red4 Banned

Damn! I didn't read the packaging on any of them. So I don't know if they glow in the dark.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Oh well. Guess I'll just have to find out tomorrow when I make my rounds.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I saw some of the Wall-E stuff.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I actually just got some new Toy Story toys at Toys R Us recently (all made by Thinkway toys btw ;)  ).

I got the new talking Buzz Lightyear a couple weeks ago. I still have my original 1995 Buzz but this one blows it out of the water. It's not the "definitive Buzz Lightyear" that we've all been waiting for (which, btw, I made a thread about not too long ago http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/235258-i-want-masterpiece-buzz-lightyear-dammit.html :p  ) but it's still a definite improvement over the '95 one. According to the package it was "re-created using Pixar's digital data" so it's more accurate to the movie. The head sculpt is a bit improved, and he has a ton more phrases (supposedly with "original voice" according to the box, and it DOES sound like Tim Allen to me, even though a lot of the phrases I've never heard :peoples:  ). The biggest improvement is the wing span. I love the '95 Buzz, but I always hated how small the wing span was. The new one is a lot better. It was priced at $34.99, which I had no problem paying for it.

They had a Buzz that had karate-chop action and no electronics for 10 bucks less. And this is what I think a "definitive" Buzz Lightyear should be/have:
    -Same size as the movie
    -Voice sampler
    -Opening wrist communicator (WHY this isn't on the new one is beyond me :rolleyes: )
    -Glow-in-the-dark
    -"Impressive wingspan"
    -Little lights on both wings (the new Buzz I got has painted "lights" on the tips, which is a neat detail though)
    -A squeaky head
    -A helmet that does that.. that.. WHOOSH thing
    -A laser that's "a little light bulb that blinks"
    -Karate chop action
    Did I forget anything? lol (and who knows if it would even be possible to make a Buzz with ALL those features lol)

They had a Woody doll there to go with the Buzz figure (which was also "created from Pixar's digital data") buuut I have the '95 one and this new one isn't really a huge improvement over the original so I passed... and I didn't like the voice on the new one.

They also had a new Rex (again, "created from the digital data"), which looked like pretty much like a hunk of plastic, for $29.99 unless I mis-read the price tag. I passed on that, because I have Rex from '95... and it talks!

Now here's something really cool, something I've wanted for the last 14 years since Toy Story came out: an actual remote controlled RC Car! It's really amazingly awesome! It was $79.99.... I don't know if that's paying too much, but I think it's worth it because it's so cool.

Annnd I also bought a 3-pack of the Pizza Planet aliens... which cost $29.99, and I don't think this was worth it. They're pretty much 3 hunks of plastic... they're not even squeaky!! :eek:  They are nicely detailed, and the poses are good... but I wouldn't say worth $30, oh well, impulse buying ftw xD.

I plan on picking up a Bucket 'O Soldiers sometime. I had an original, but they've since been scattered hehe. I want them to make a new Hamm bank. I mean really, it wouldn't require major engineering or anything :lol 

10. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Karate chop action. And yes, the high end Buzz has that too. That's what impressed me the most, aside from the paint aps being perfect.

Wish they'd do more with Hamm. He was one of my favorites.

11. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh! Please post some pics :) 

I was absolutely in love with Buzz Lightyear back in pre-school, and my mom managed to get me one as a surprise when they first came out (she's later told me how parents went crazy over them back then and that they quickly became VERY hard to find) I loved the thing to death... quite literally :( 

The new one sounds pretty cool! And I'd love to get one for nostalgia, depending on how much it is improoved over the old one :) 

12. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The $50 buzz with accurate movie box (even has the little cartoon buzz with the star command speech on the back) has everything here except for the karate chop action, and becuase of the way the wings store I'm not sure how they would have done it anyway. Its also missing a fully retractin helmet, but that never bothered me in the first place so, eh.

This buzz has everything though, it has the wrist laser, the arm communicator, long wings with lights on the tips! Its an insane figure, although I think 40 would be a better price for it its worth a purchase for buzz that's 98% movie accurate.

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

damn that sounds awesome, I'll have to keep a look out for it! (or is it an older toy? lol)

14. red4

red4 Banned

Toy Story is BACK!

As I'm sure some of you have already begun to notice. In conjuction with the re-releases of Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3-D (which serve to rekindle the public's interest in time for Toy Story 3), there has been a huge wave of awesome Toy Story toys hitting the shelves. Toys'R'Us.com displays the motherload quite beautifully: Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us

This item in particular is the crown jewel: Toy Story Andy's Room Buzz Lightyear Action Figure - Thinkway - Toys "R" Us
    It is essentially the Master Piece of the Toy Story line.

15. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Merged Threads.

16. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Nice! Now we just need three more threads to be the legs and other arm and we can merge them too to form Threadastator!

Anywho, is it the coming of TS3 that's sparked the sudden explosion of TS toys? I thought they'd wait a little longer. But I guess you're right and that's it. It's just everywhere all of a sudden and a lot of it is overpriced for what you're really getting too.

What would a 'masterpiece' Woody be like? 'with Real loose stitching!' :p 

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  17. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    dont mean to bring this back to life but I was going through my old toys today looking for something and I found an old Toy Story Buggy its not the RC Version but I wanna know how much its worth before I do anything with it. if I remember right its the right sized one to fit a Buzz and Woody on it. can anyone help?

18. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He comes in the Woody's Round-up style box. Him and the Masterpiece Buzz can actually talk to each, mush like the 50$ Walle and Eve that came out a while back.