Toy Story 3 toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ravenxl7, May 7, 2010.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thought there should be a thread for this, and was surprised there wasn't (a couple more specific threads though). There are some toys I'd love to get, that I just found out about, but can't seem to find (probably not available in-stores anymore, so I'll probably have to buy online). Specifically the collectors Rex, who was, is, and always will be, my absolute favorite Toy Story character.

Went to Target today, saw the exclusive glow-in-the-dark alien figure, and had to have it. Pretty good quality over-all, though doesn't squeak like the movie version. Seems to be exactly like one of the aliens from the collectors three-pack. Not bad for $10, imo.

Was looking for some possible gifts for my nephew, but couldn't find anything for children younger than eighteen months (he's turning a year in August). Might just get a couple of things and hold on to them till he's old enough to play with them.

So, anybody else getting into/back into Toy Story toys?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm....I'm the only one? or is this just a bad time to be starting a thread like this ? (what with the Iron Man figure thread being a hot topic).

3. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

which ones are the one with good articulation? deluxe versions?

i'm eyeing that $50 core character pack @ Target

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Probably not getting any of the Toy Story 3 toys. I did get a Buzz and Woody figure a couple of weeks ago when Target had them on clearance, though.
    [​IMG]

6. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Twitch if they do a decent job on him, he could quite comfortably fit in with MOTUC! (and various 80s lines)

I also think the SDCC exclusive looks awesome, so a maybe there too.

Barbie and Ken tho, if there's a version of them in a 2-pack, could be a must. Not having any kind of Barbie or Ken, I'd be down with the 'on-screen' versions!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really depends on the individual figure, as there doesn't appear to be any standard/across the board articulation (which makes sense given the wide variety of designs they're based off of). Twitch, for example, has some decent articulation, but definitely lacks some (like knee joints).

Haven't seen it in-person, but from the pictures I've seen, it isn't too bad. Nothing amazing, but would make for a nice display set.

Saw a couple of the figures from that line, and wasn't impressed by the size of them, especially for the price they're going for.

The Twitch out now doesn't look too bad, but the articulation appears to be lacking. He also doesn't have his staff, which is odd considering he's not too in-accurate. It would be cool, but I don't think he's likely to get a definitive/collectors figure (Lotso is, so far, the only new character getting one).

Just looked it up, not bad, but not something I personally would get. It seems kinda odd, but I'm almost thinking about getting the collectors Lotso (though given the pink box, and the fact he's a large, pink, teddy bear, that's scented like strawberries, might look a little odd...).

I can't remember where, but I do remember seeing a picture of a Barbie and Ken 2-pack, that appeared to be their on-screen versions (hard not to remember the "nice ascot" scene from the trailers).

Personally I'm hoping that Chunk and Sparks get decently made toys. The Deluxe Sparks figure just doesn't look right for some reason. It's a somewhat small detail, but a light built into the chest would have been nice. Chunk's Deluxe toy (assuming he get's made at that scale) hasn't been revealed yet. Though I'm not too worried about him, as his design is rather simple, and the gimmick is too important to the character not to include (even the Lego minifigure of him has it).

8. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, Twitch is probably the best looking figure so far. When I saw him at TRU over the weekend my very first thought was "MOTU!!" He's the right size and his proportions match the classic MOTU style perfectly. I would have bought him if he had better hip articulation.

9. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just cuckled a bit :eek: )

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah I didn't realise there was a toy already out of Twitch, just looked him up. He looks good, but yes it is surprising he doesn't come with his weapon.... the other toys look cool too!

I got my (now-ex) girlfriend Rocky Gibraltar and he couldn't barely stand up when holding his weapon, which was disappointing.

I'd have thought with the nature of the series all the toys would be perfect on-screen versions, but I guess they are saving those for a more premium collector related line.

Also just looked up the Barbie and Ken set, and well.... hope it makes it to these shores!

TOY STORY 3 MADE FOR EACH OTHER BARBIE & KEN NRFB!!!!! - eBay (item 250629010137 end time May-14-10 19:35:44 PDT)

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That always seems to be the same thing with Toy Story toys, they're accurate to a certain degree, but almost never all the way there.

Was looking up some future toys, and found a couple of Amazon listings I consider pretty funny (they're based solely off of the on-screen characters, and not off of any actual toy information):

Amazon.com: Disney / Pixar TS3 Ts Chunk: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: Disney / Pixar TS3 Toy Story Sparks: Toys & Games

There's one for most of the new characters. There's at least one that's based off of an actual upcoming figure:

Amazon.com: Toy Story 3 Deluxe Triceratops Collectible Figure: Toys & Games

Would consider getting her if I could find the Rex of the same scale.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Was at TRU earlier today. They have a bunch of Toy Story stuff, including a 2-pack of Twitch and Chunk. Almost got it, but couldn't find the price of it, and wasn't sure if Chunk's face rotated or not (didn't advertise it, or any other gimmicks). If I get the chance I might go back out there again and pick it up (especially if I can find the price of it, and it's cheap enough). Saw a Rex there that wasn't bad, but seemed expensive for it's size. It was also made of rubber, not a huge issue, but I'd rather get one that's hard plastic.

I did get one Toy Story related thing. The My First Toy Story Board Book Library, which I'll be giving to my nephew later this year for his birthday.

14. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those of you will younger kids, Fisher Price has a bunch of new Toy Story stuff. At TRU I found some Imaginext sets and a Geotrax train set. My wife and I picked up some of the Imaginext sets for my youngest son's birthday.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Chunk looks neat

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Was looking up some more information on some of the toys, and it looks like I was wrong about the Amazon articles, they are based off of actual toys (just fond some in-package pictures of them).

Chunk, Twitch, and Sparks look great. The larger Twitch figure also appears to have much better articulation and more accurate paint. Still doesn't have the staff, but does look better than the "Deluxe" version, and has a "munching action" feature activated by pushing his head down.

I'm hoping to find the Chunk toy at some point. His only gimmick is the switchable faces, but he's still pretty cool looking.

I'll post the pictures I've found if anybody is interested.

Edit: Would probably just be easier to link to where I found them (Thinkway's own website):

http://www.thinkwaytoys.com/MccOurToysV2b.asp?SelectMainCat=1&SelectSubCat=13#Anchor

17. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    eriku posted a link to a reveiw of that Rex and the other figures in the same line:
    Personally not worth what they're costing. Especially for the size of them (nowhere near show-accurate size). Reading the review, the articulation isn't bad, considering the size, and the fact Rex doesn't have much of it in the movies. For a display piece it wouldn't be bad (the detailing is nice), imo, but anything beyond that I'd go with a different one.

19. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Buzz and Woody Revoltechs.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    ^YES. Ultimate Toy Story toys right there.

I hope they do a Rex! And yes, before anyone responds to that, I KNOW they are already making a Revoltech Jurassic Park T-Rex. I am eagerly awaiting the Pre-Order of it. That dinosaur is sooooo BOUGHT!