Toy store transformer reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Flyby33, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i was just skimming through toys r us web site along with target to read the reviews people give. the only thing i learned from reading them is that for example rotf leader prime got some not so great reviews because of how hard he is to turn into a truck. understandable he is pretty tricky at first, but does that warrent a bad review and wanting to take this awsome toy back to the store? if those reviews taught me anything it's if something is to hard then get rid of it.. what ever happened to keep trying until you get it right! is this an indication of how lazy some of us as parents are? teaching a kid that if its hard then you cant do it so don't bother! great things we teach kids now a days! sorry for the raunt!

2. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

does it warrant a bad review? if you buy it for a five year old, sure. it's a terrible choice of toy for a kid that young despite the suitability guidelines.

reviews are very subjective - the criteria somebody like peaugh would look at are very different to the things i'd think about buying toys for my boy. the important thing to remember is that it's no skin off your nose if somebody's mum thinks it's a rubbish toy.

if consumer reviews make you angry, ffs don't ever read youtube comments - they really are the bottom of the internet poasting barrel.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    those reviews are most often written by non TF fan parents buying them for their kids so what they think is good or bad will be quite different than what our fine reviewers would say, parents mainly concerned with 3 things:

1 durability---how much abuse can this take before my kid breaks it ?

2. Playability ----can my kid easily transform it and have fun with it ?

3. price ------- will it blow my budget to cybertron and back or is it cheap for what it is?

paint aps aren't important to them neither is screen accuracy or number of joints in its limbs

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually to be honest, Transformers are terrible toys for anyone younger than 11, in my opinion. Far too complex for 5 year olds to handle. Gone are the old days of "flip out arms and pull down legs" type Transformers.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yes, I'm surprised at how complex some Transformers have become. Terrible for kids.

Not that I care. I'm not 5 anymore, so I'd rather have that accurate movie Prime than something that's easier but doesn't look so good...sorry kids! :p ..

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Agreed. Some of these things are like deciphering ancient Cybertronian symbols when transforming them for the first time. And if you have to resort to the instructions with the circular-type arrows meaning "twist this way," then forget about it.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I love reading reviews on TRU.com. Most of them are just parents bitching about how hard it is. One of my favorite reviews:

Very expensive no fun at all.
    By JP from Mamaroneck, NY on 7/14/2009
    Pros:
    Detailed
    Cons:
    Hard To Move Parts
    Best Uses:
    Collecting
    Describe Yourself:
    Parent of Two or More Children, Working Parent
    Bottom Line:
    No, I would not recommend this to a friend

Comments about Hasbro 1001119 Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen Action Figure - Leader Optimus Prime:

I Love transformers i grew up playing with them i was really happy when i bought this toy for my son because i knew i was going to play with it more than him, we had it for 2 weeks and i still can`t turn it into a truck it drives me nuts i wanna break it and throw out my window but it cost a lot of money very complicated toy.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, you'd expect someone growing up with Transformers would know how to transform something eventually with PATIENCE.

Honestly ROTF Leader Prime is just terrible for a kid. If I had one and he insisted on Prime, the highest (and even that is pushing it) I would go is the Voyager. I'd probably pick a Legends or FAB instead.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I don't read those reviews. They're retarded. That example above is proof alone. Leader Prime is apparently as hard to figure out as punctuation.

I wouldn't ask for Golf tips from Charles Barkley, but I would ask him about perfecting my lay-up. Just the same, I only take reviews from TF and toy collectors for any worth.

10. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the only hard part of Leader Primes Transformation is getting the arms and all the panels around them to the correct position.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It was hard even for me at first, but I figured it out. These people need to figure out that FABs were made for a reason. Your 5 year old kid won't be able to Transfrom such a complex figure as Leader Prime. If you've seen the movie, you would have seen how goddam complex those TF schemes are. Even Deluxe class toys from ROTF are complex. This is why FABs were made. To slow down the bitching of "dey r to hard!!1!11" Geez. Also, sorry for my rant too. :) 

12. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Well that's why there is a "transformation difficulty" rating on the box, like Legos. Admittedly OP is more like a 4+. And maybe you can't see that little chart on the store's online pics, but I have no sympathy for someong who buys something without doing a little research first.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love those type of reviews. I often pay a visit to TRU.com for a good chuckle.

14. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    The Barricade review springs to mind

15. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean the one that said "It took 6 adults (two engineers, a draftsman, a teacher and two administrative secretaries)a total of 3 hours to get it back.".

I find these types of reviews amusing. Raising a 5 year old, I have no problems with any of these issues I read. Even his mom, aunts and uncles have no problems. They are not ever TF fans.

Here is one of my favorites from Target on preview wave deluxe Bumblebee:

"I'll start by saying that before we even tried to transform Bumblebee his head fell off. I appears that one should be able to snap it back on, but if falls right back off with minimal movement. While trying to trasform him one of his legs popped off. Same scenario as above. Put it back on and it comes right back off. Some other small pieces fell of too in the process of trying to transform him into a car. We did finally get it into the shape of a car, but it in no way resembles the picture provided on the web site. The pieces simply don't fit together that tightly. It looks more like a decepticon stepped on it or wrecked it. It caused a very frustrating, unhappy situation for my son. He was very disapointed and said it was stupid and ruined his birthday."

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't quite understand what you're bitching about. Most of the people buying these things aren't nerds who approach each new TF with the intention of being able to transform it in 30 seconds, blindfolded. They're parents buying toys that are allegedly suitable for a five year old kid. Most of the ROTF line blatantly isn't.

17. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think most people are not bitching. Most are probably like myself. They find it amusing. When I read some of them they tend to be over exaggerated.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Thing is, I don't even find them amusing. Each one of those reviews is someone who's gonna seriously think twice before buying a Transformer in future.

19. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I usually find those parent reviews to be very accurate. I'm sure plenty of kids are disappointed by TF toys when they can never figure out how to transform them. I had to show my nephew how to transform Skids and Mudflap after he tried for days. Laugh at him if you want, but I honestly sympathize with him. A lot of the Transformers coming out nowadays are tough to transform.

Besides, you have to remember the average kid (and most parents) don't care enough to look up Youtube videos on how to transform a toy. On top of that, we all know how well Hasbro's instructions work.

20. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think some of the negative parents review expect instant gratification. Thats the thing nowadays. People don't take the time to figure things out. I myself figure out how to transform a figure my self. I never use youtube. Most parents does not know they can go their for help. But to each own. people handle things and react differently. I think the parents negative review are a minority. Being a parent, I see other parents go into a complete conniption fit on minor things.