toy size

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Is it just me or are there some of the toys that seems like they were made in the wrong size, I mean , basics that shoulda been deluxes, things of this nature and reverse. For one thing i think lugnutz shoulda been a deluxe and maybe they coulda done more with him, same as overhaul. I think brimstone could have easily been made a basic and done just as well as being a deluxe. Any one else thought about this or am i just crazy.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I do think some of the toys should have been bigger/smaller. i can't thinik of any at the moment, but there are a few.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Energon rodimus shoulda been a Mega (and Cliffjumper a Deluxe) ~ both molds i think would have benefitted from it.

Cyb Meg/Galvatron should have been a Ultra, i find him stupid large (i've basically not bought him because he just seems too big to me.)

Cyb Armorhide shoulda been at least a deluxe, because a basic semi is just hard for me to swallow (and for the most part, a lot of the scale in Cyb is pretty decent)

4. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

Cyb. Defense Hot Shot should have been an ultra (whatever size they are) like the other two Cyb Defense...

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    The other two weren't deluxes... and Hot Shot is a deluxe... *cough*

And yeah, lots of characters would have worked better different size classes. Cy. Megatron really should been an Ultra; he's so hard to pose because of those huge wheels touching. blah.
    I think Backstop would have made a great deluxe, because they would have fized some of the flaws in the mold. Plus I hate tiny beasts.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Armorhide, and regular Scattorshot should both have been at least deluxe size. Scattorshot could have had leg articulation, that way.

Most jets, I think, should be megas or ultras, rather than deluxes.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Cyb. Starscream should've been a ultra at the biggest.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    All of the time that I kept seeing Lugnutz's prototype, test and preproduction photographs here on TFW, I thought he was going to be bigger - I was thinking Wreckgar size. I was kinda disappointed when I saw that he was about the size of Groove...but feh. He's still a neat toy. :thumb 

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

BM Nightscream: should've been a basic, or possibly a deluxe because of the wings- theres no reason he had to be so friggin huge. And ugly. He should've been less ugly too.

10. Rumble02

I know he is from Giant planet but i think menosor would have been fine as a delux or basic imo

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

His transformation is simple enough to warrant that size, but then he wouldn't be able to stow that cool little minicon of his in his chest.

12. Rumble02

True but maybe the deluxe size could. Terrorsaur from bw should have been bigger as well. Scrapmetal should have been made bigger and more menacing as well. and i agree that armorhide should have been much much bigger also.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

BM Rattrap anybody?? "Hmmm... hes the smallest character on the show (well, excluding Megs' little assistant) so lets make the only toy of him a mega- y'know, the same size class as Tankor. That won't look out place at all."

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't think of any off the top of my head, but yeah there are some that would work at least as well if not better as a different side. E-Rodimus would've made a nice mega, although as a deluxes he's the same size as all the other Hot Rod homages.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, that bugs the hell out of me. Red Alert and Scattorshot get way way bigger whereas Hot Shot gets...shorter?

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with you guys - especially with CD Hot Shot should have been bigger! One of the coolest TFs designs I have seen in a long time but the size hurt him.

The same goes for Energon Rodimus...if he was bigger, he too would have been great!

17. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

This is my main gripe with the many of the BM toys. Others have mentioned Rattrap and Nightscream who should have been basics. Others who were the wrong size:

Silverbolt - should have been at least deluxe, maybe mega because of the wings.

Cheetor - should have been a deluxe.

Tank Drone - should have been a mega(what a waste :(  )

Obsidian - should have been at least a deluxe and maybe even a mega.

I'd love Hasbro to find some excuse to release new toys of some of these guys in the sizes they should have been.

18. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

The showed screwed up BM Rattrap's size, not the toy. Toy accuracy, dammit! The only toy I'd say wrong compared to that show is Nightscream, as I believe he was Skir's creation not Hasbro's so they should have designed him following that.

Only other one that strikes me offhand is Leobreaker who would have made a great Deluxe without stupid arm and electronic gimmicks.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I think the Cyb Defense team sizes are fine. I've run across pictures of the armored car that CD Hotshot is based on, and it's not as big as most armored fiighting vehicles. He's actually in scale with the other two.

It is kind of weird that he's the only one who didn't move up two size classes, though.

20. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    C-Leobreaker is just far too big as a Voyager to be an arm. Now, if he had been a deluxe? That would have looked much, much better.