Toy Shopping in China/Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Swoop Dogg, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I got a buddy who will be in China/Hong Kong in early August. Is it worth asking him to look for Transformers for me? If so, what stores/areas are good places to look? What toys would they have that I couldn't get here in the states?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Nevermind this.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Just go to TRU.
    Oh, and for exclusives, he could try to sneak into factories and steal prototypes, lol.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Have you ever been there?

Either way, you will have better luck hitting local hobby shops. I know many in HK, but I don't know their "Address". I only know where it is when I walk around, or take transportation. But they come in bunch. As in, when you find one, you will most likely find an entire street's worth. Knowing how to haggle will help you, unless you want to play label price. (and they go lol tourist.)

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Oh the Target bit, yeah that was an accident. With the site going down, it gets annoying to try and edit posts.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am talking about if you had went to HK for this stuff. TRU is very far away depending on where his friend is.

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know exactly where my friend will be - I'll I know is Beijing and Hong Kong for sure. I can't get more specific than that right now. If there is an area in those cities that are good for Transformers, I'll tell him to go there if he can. I just don't know anything about those cities.

I really REALLY want to know what he could get that I can't already get here in the states. Is there any Takara/Tomy stuff out there that I can't get here? I'd rather have something unique than something that I can just go get at my Target.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Hong Kong isn't a "city" though. its huge. The robot stores are all cluttered everywhere. If he is unable to find it (maybe he isn't familiar), tell him to buy a gundam hobby magazine (hk version, as there are two version in HK: Jpn and HK version), and look at the ads. They have address.

9. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I've been to TRU in HK, found it more expensive than in Canada. I'd also like to find a master list of toy shops in HK, and make a day of it going to them all. Seems like some big secret as to where they are though. Every thread I've seen about toy shops in HK has always come up empty lol

What part of China is he going to? if ShenZhen or GuangZhou I can post some google map links and give detailed directions.

if ShenZhen, go to Comics City plaza in the Dongmen shopping area. If GuangZhou, go to Yidelu.

TF at retail in China are more expensive than North America also, even though they're made practically down the street. Jusco has real TF here.

and of course there's tons of wacky KOs here, like I get, average priced around a few bucks. :) 

10. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

i heard that you have your own store paul grant what is it called