TOY REVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Transformers ROTF Kup!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by TheGreatMrChibi, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I can appreciate the humor behind this.

3. TheGreatMrChibi

Thanks, Jafo! I'm glad you were entertained!

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His alt. mode is actually a Blade Runner-esque space capsule, like the ones NASA used to use for atmospheric re-entry. You know it's a Blade Runner homage due to the sheer amount of advertising around the brim. Some people try to claim it's a Cowboy Bebop homage, but come on this Kup was designed by Americans! As a homage to Apollo 11, it can carry other Autobots safely into re-entry, so you can have bath time action as you pretend its the ocean. Also the little "scraplets" are a homage to Cybertron Breakdown GTS who featured a Kup color scheme; as a WWI deco. His "ratcheting crane" is actually a homage to Autoroller, who was featured in the Ehobby exclusive Orion Pax redeco of the Takara G1 reissues. You seemed to have gotten a rare variant though since your Autoroller is a red color, instead of gunmetal gray he usually comes in!! I have to question though about your comment about the "exclusive with purchase" comment though, I could of sworn this wasn't part of a triple pack but could be bought separately. Of course, him being a triple pack would also be a homage to the Kup, his Targetmaster, and Wheelie reissue a few years ago. The optional battle damage is an awesome feature! You should really see if you could work together with Reprolabels to make more battle damage features! You didn't mention that the "ratcheting crane" is actually a removable part that won't break the figure, and thus you can achieve an alternate transformation. Such an amateur mistake, but i'll forgive you since this IS your first review if i'm not mistaken XD Also, are you from some arid and warm place? Old G1 rub-signs used to have trouble in warm environments. Nice on the win though D: I wish my Transformers got me free stuff, besides hours of smiles and enjoyment. Nice catch on the Swindle homage, but you missed the Quintesson one! Also, I think you enjoyed trying to activate his sound gimmick too much and you've seemed to have drained it dry. Nice review, i'll take it under suggestion next time i'm on the hunt! I'll look forward to more reviews from you!

5. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    what would of been uber is if u peeled the damn thing off and won the mil or car.

6. TheGreatMrChibi

Yeah... but do you know how long I've been trying to get those damned chicken fries!?

7. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's right aren't chicken fries a Lucky Draw only item? Those are pretty damn rare!

8. mauroque

mauroque Dream of Angels Destroyed

You suckered me right in. I don't know who I hate more right now. You or myself! How did you sit through that with a straight face for almost 5 minutes?

9. TheGreatMrChibi

:D  Glad you watched all 5 minutes, though!

...and I have no idea. Honestly, the hardest part was saying "TFW2005"- I stutter when I focus on speaking.

10. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    i have a free 6 pc chicken fries, yay my only real rare item

11. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I see what you did there. :lol 

Very nice review.

12. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

omg i want it

13. TheGreatMrChibi

Unfortunately, Kup was a limited edition figure-- they've stopped producing him. I'd be happy to sell you mine though ;)