Toy repair-help please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chaosbringer_00, Jan 17, 2009.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I'm not entirely certain this is the right place for this, but here goes...

I have a broken Animated Blitzwing. One of his wings has fallen off, at the point where his wings swivel from the back to the side. The black piece where the swivel joint is is intact; the tan wingpiece has broken off. The hole that for the screw that held it in place has been stripped, and is now to big to hold the screw. The screw is (mostly) intact, but it may is well not be.

I figured that I should just try and glue it back together, at both the screw hole and along the horizontal strip just above it. My main question is this: what kind of glue should I use? I tried using some modeling glue that came with a model airplane to no avail. Is there a better way to do this? Or is it a lost cause?

I can upload pics later if necessary (I don't have time at the moment).

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'n afraid that I don't really understand the joint you're describing, but if it's close a swivel joint then I'd hold off on glue unless it's the only option. I'd be better able to saw what to do when you post pics, but from the sounds of things maybe you need to get a slightly bigger screw to put in there.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Try dipping the threads on the screw in some rubber cement. That should fill in the extra space *and* prevent the part from coming undone again. If you dont have rubber cement you could always try a slightly larger screw.

~Z

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :useless  post some pix and i can help