Toy Repair Help-KH Play Arts Sora

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by chaosbringer_00, Apr 4, 2009.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I have a Play Arts Sora (KHII version) whose left leg has broken off. The way the leg is supposed to look is something like this:

0000000 <----top half (thigh)
    00 11 00 <----pin runs through here
    __ 11 __
    1111111 <----bottom half (calf)

Basically, the pin running through the two pieces has broken, meaning there's nothing holding the two pieces together.

I want to know if anyone has any idea how I might go about fixing this. If it matters, I measured the size of the hole the pin runs through, and it's about 3/16 of an inch.

I could try and take pictures, but his pants run down past the joint, making it difficult to see.

So...help? Please?

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

That stinks. I had a Play Arts FF7 Sephiroth come with a broken right leg. I tried to force it back on, but it wouldn't budge, so I would stand him strategically so it looked attached and still stood. I ended up eBaying him and buying a new one. Did your figure come like that?

3. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

No, it came intact. The problem lies with the figure's design. Sora's baggy pants are made out of a bendy material, similar to Sephiroth's coat. Now, there's almost no clearance for the legs to bend, meaning that you have to bend the rubbery stuff to move his knees. Unfortunately, the figure's knees can't withstand the little bit of pressure involved in bending back the material, meaning that if you're not careful, the joint will break. I was just fiddling with Sora when he came apart in my hands. I didn't actually snap the piece off; the joint had just been fatigued to the point where a little bit of movement made it come apart.

Now, the KH version of Sora has fixed this, making a part of the back of his pants part of the knee joint. However, this appears to come at the price of a thigh swivel. I still want KH Sora, though.

The silver lining, however, is that I also have Final Form Sora. Of course, he broke too. There is a joint near Sora's shoulder that allows it to move forward and inward, like a real shoulder. However, on Final Form Sora, the joint wouldn't budge. So, I did the stupid thing and tried to force it, and consequently snapped off his left arm. However, it should be fairly easy to re-attach with some cement stuff I have. I used it to fix my broken Animated Blitzwing, and now you can't tell what part of him broke off.

Well, sorry for rambling...I guess I wanted to vent a little bit of my frustration.

4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, I hear ya. If ya can't ramble on a message board about action figures, where can ya ramble? :)  That stinks big time. I dunno why people complain about mismatched arms and legs with DCUC figures, at least they stay attached. :) 

I wish I had a fix for that leg situation. Stinks even more when it breaks after opening and moving him around. Sounds like glue would do the trick, but doesn't that permanently limit movement? But if it worked for Blitz, maybe it'll do the same here. Even with my broken figs, the Play Arts stuff is awesome. I hope you can fix him up or someone else has a possible remedy for that. Good luck with it, though!