Toy painting problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 13eelzebub, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13eelzebub

13eelzebub Well-Known Member

Well, Im pretty new to painting toys and not sure if this is the right section or not, but google hasnt gotten me very far and I need a little extra help.

Firstly, I have already removed the old paint and primed it with a rough coat of acrylic paint, but my main problem is getting the paint to look smooth. The first thing I tried was the old fashioned paint brush method & acrylic paint (which leaves brush marks and beads of paint.)

Then I tried airbrushing. Which doesnt seem to get a lot of paint on and when I do try to get a thick coat it leaves a visible trail of "dripping paint" :/

What am I doing wrong ?.. should I try spray can paint? Am I using the wrong medium to prime it?

-------

And secondly, for some of my toys there are pretty unsightly screw holes that I want to fill in. My friend suggested that I could fill them in with glue and paint over it, but the problem with this is that I cant smooth the glue by sanding it >_< .. any other suggestions?

I'm not an artist at all lol, so please forgive my stupidity and thanks in advance for help.

2. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sounds like you're trying to put too much paint onto your figure at once. No matter the method you use to apply the paint onto the figure, you should always start with thin layers and add on more coats as needed.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.