Toy Only Characters you wish appeared on screen

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Nov 24, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I was listening to a Podcast of PrimeTime and it was mentioned how Prime like other shows may get toys of characters who never even appear in the cartoon.

Well I know somewhere on the boards there's a topic of characters you wish had toys. So I thought it would be fun to do the exact opposite. Toy characters you wish had actually appeared on screen.

This can be either because you like the character bio on the back of the toy box or the design of the character.

For me, starting in Beast Wars, I wish TM Cybershark had actually been in the cartoon. I believe he was meant as a partner/sidekick for Depth Charge. (or maybe I'm thinking of Sharkticon and Mirage from Energon?) I would of liked to see him get introduced not at the same time because Depth Charge had a loner type personality but later in season 3 as the character that gets Depth Charge to actually work with the other Maximals. Like maybe he could be a survive to Rampage's attack that Depth Charge didn't even know was still alive.

Aside from that I just like the design and liked seeing it in R.I.D. as Sky-Byte. I didn't like the original design even though I like the hammer head shark I didn't like the robot mode.

I kinda wish Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Waspinator, and Airrazor had all been in the show in their TM forms in season 2. Not so much Tigatron because his toy was an exclusive and the design is shared with two other characters. It would of been great to see a little bit of Airrazor though, I really like her TM design and then they could of still "killed" her off with Tigatron just maybe later on in the series.

With Beast Machines... Night Viper as an American version of Cohorda would be good but would be more awesome in the Japan version of the show where they actually know who Cohorda is. Other than him I can't think of any Maximal designs that really stick out in my mind right now. Basically any of the Vehicon designs I would of loved to see in the show except maybe Blastcharge.

With Energon I wish the Deluxe Optimus Prime combination mode was actually used in the cartoon. Mostly because I would really like the idea of Optimus and Rodimus being able to combine but in the cartoon they can't actually do it.

I'd also like to see Sharkticon. I think he would of been a Terrorcon like the other beast Decepticons in that series. Plus the original Sharkticon wasn't a single character but a group of characters. Just to add to that, Energon was the only series after G1 to redesign the Quintessons and they also made a Sharkticon so it would be great if the Sharkticons in Energon filled the same roll along side Alpha-Q and the original Sharkticons took with the original Quintessons.

With the movies all I can say is that I wish they just stuck 2007 Arcee into Revenge of the Fallen instead of making an entirely new design for her. They're both ugly but the first movie Arcee toy is the less of two evils. On the same level I wish the Constructicons were more like their Legends Class versions. Meaning that the individual characters actually combine to form Devastator rather than Devastator is formed by similar looking vehicles but is his own entity not a real combiner.

Not really for design but for their toy bios. The tow truck in the first movie and the jet that carries Optimus Prime's corpse in the second movie should of actually been the characters described on their boxes instead of what they actually were which was normal vehicles that weren't even Transformers.

I can't even think of any Animated toys that I would of liked to see in the cartoon because I hated and ignored most of that toy line. Plus they had so many crowd scenes they could of used every single toy design and we'd not even know it. There's one character model I would of liked to see but he didn't have a toy so kinda off topic to even mention who I'm talking about.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whirl, Roadbuster and the Deluxe Insecticons

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Speaking of Beast Wars, what if we'd gotten Wolfang instead of Tigatron? How might have certain episodes differed? Also, would we still have gotten Silverbolt later on instead of another Fuzor that wasn't part Wolf?

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Euro G2 would've made an awesome spin-off series. I always wanted to see Hurricane on TV because the idea of an Autobot setting loads of traps and landmines just makes me giggle.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, and then there's always the idea of making an X-Men like TF show that was like the G2 comics. I mean back then, it would even have been marketed to kids. :) 

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Definitely Roadbuster in G1.

I also would have liked to have seen a true G2 cartoon, not just the re-hashed G1 that we ended up with.

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah, some of the later G2 stuff in a cartoon would be cool (Cyberjets, Laser Optimus,) but I shudder at the thought of the horrid repaints they would show. (at least they were smart enough to show most of the characters in their G1 Colors in the G2 comic if the G2 Colors were disgusting)

8. SaberPrime

This made me think of one I forgot in my first post. The G2 Tank Megatron who was also used as Megastorm for BWII. Except I would of liked to have seen him as the original Megatron because a tank is a lot more intimidating than a gun that has to be held by another Transformer. Can you imagine how much more AWESOME G1 would be if Megatron was a tank instead of a gun? Everything else would be the same but just that one change would mean that Megatron could actually transform and still act on his own instead of well now he's just a gun. Though if Galvatron was done the same way then he would be more of a down grade than an upgrade because his cannon mode isn't mobile. It has treads bit it's a cannon not a tank. There's a bit in the back that would drag on the ground if he tried to move.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Powermaster Optimus Prime, Siren, Nightbeat & Co., Pretenders, etc. basically everything that was only seen in japanese G1.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Energon Tow-Line

11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He wasn't in the show? I never really watched Energon, but I assumed all the toy characters appeared. I learned soemthing today

12. Fish Sandwich

Fish Sandwich The Immortal King Tasty

I would have loved to see Breacher in DOTM, and you know, Seaspray. On the Beast Wars side of things, it would have been cool to see Optimus Minor, if only because I want to see how the writers would have worked him in, being a Transmetal 2 and all.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Dotm Skyhammer and Big Daddy now that would have been nice.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    More Bludgeon. Poor guy didn't even get on Masterforce.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the Maximals moved into the Ark cave in Season 3, I was desperately hoping Magnaboss was about to get introduced. I was expecting Silverbolt to get mortally wounded, and in order to save his life, Rhinox has to transplant his Spark into a blank Protoform. Then, for whatever reason, they get G1 Prowl and Ironhide's Sparks out of their bodies and put them into blank Protoforms, and then meld all three together into Magnaboss. I was really disappointed when I realized that wasn't where the writers were going.

16. SaberPrime

That's kinda pushing it a bit but I would of liked to see the Tripredacus Council show up on Earth and scan beast modes so that they get their toys in the show. The animation models that appeared in the show do not sell toys so I'm surprised that they introduced them but didn't use their toy designs at all.

Oh and there's some Human Alliance figures I wish made it into Dark of the Moon. Mainly Spike Witwicky to explain how he got that name and play homage to G1 but no there is no Spike in the movie. And the partner is just really cool. I forgot the name, I think Backfire?

Another one I seen recently is a movie incarnation of Master Disaster who is paired with Drag Strip. It would of been interesting to see him in the movie as one of the humans who turned out to be working for the Decepticons. I was kinda surprised to see an Animated human villain reimagined in the movie universe and I almost forgot about him. And a human villain who only appears for one episode even though he's a good villain that can control transformers I'm not sure how that would work for the movie universe.

17. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxe Insecticons like Barrage and Ransack from G1 could've easily appeared and be advertised. I wish they appeared in the cartoon, maybe as creations of the Insecticons.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

trainbots , dinoforce , beastforce,

19. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Many of the older Universe repaints I'd have loved to see in those fancy moving pictures...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bludgeon
    Drift
    Shortround
    Big Daddy
    Roadbuster
    Whirl
    Topspin
    Twin Twist

Anything G2.