Toy Lines Second Half of 2010 and First Half of 2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

OK, since we have seen the new press release, HFTD will be around until TF:p rime hits the shelves. I see TF:p rime hitting the shelves between October 10th and the end of the year. This would make sense for the Christmas season. Generations appears it may be ongoing even when the new movie line hits in the Spring of next year. Will Hasbro market three Transformers lines at the same time? My thought was that they would only market two lines because stores such as Wal-Mart will only dedicate shelf space for two lines.

My timeline goes as follows:

HFTD June 2010 - Late Fall 2010 / Early Winter 2011
    TF:p rime October or November 2010 - Ongoing
    Generations June 2010 - Sprimg 2011
    TF3 takes over after that

By he way, what line do PCC fit into?

2. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Actually Hasbro has stated that they want Generations to be an ongoing thing that will run along side the movie 3 stuff.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PCC's are a limited filler line that are supposed to run between fall 2010 and spring 2011. I just wish Hasbro would say what continuity they're in, or if they're in their own little world...

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, didn't Hasbro ran 3 toy lines at the same time -- Animated, 07 Movie/ROTF, and Universe/Classics?

Surely they can do the same for the remainder of the Animated and ROTF toys they've yet to put out, while at the same time release toys for the Generations and TF: Prime lines, and then they'll continue with Generations and TF: Prime toys when they release the toys for TF3.

I thought for sure that the Powercore Combiners line would tie into the ROTF toys, if not then maybe it is its own line that could fit in with either the Movie-verse or Universe toys. Who knows?

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

More like

HFTD June 2010-Spring 2011 (TF3 hits July 1st 2011)
    -Generations Summer 2010-? (may or may not stop with TF3)
    -PCC Summer 2010-summer 2011

Both Generations and PCC are marketed as HFTD sub-lines by Hasbro. More than likely so that they launch TF: Prime with no 3 lines problem.

EDIT: Also I'd be VERY surprised if PCC weren't straight up movie toys. Considering Smolder is part of the movie Cyber mission episodes.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Yeah, that largely jives with what I'm seeing. Powercore, I think Hasbro considers "its own thing" and it has largely been fans that have lumped them into the movie-verse.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with Generations, while Hasbro has IMPLIED it will run alongside TF 3, they implied the same with Animated during RotF (and in my area at least, Animated all but disappeared during the second movie).

It wouldn't surprise me, however, if we didn't see Transformers Prime until fall 2011. GI Joe Renegades is premiering this fall, but Hasbro has confirmed those toys won't be out until next fall, and with the third motion picture on the way, I think they'd be straining the market of the brand by releasing another line around Christmas.

7. Furious Rodimus

Furious Rodimus Matrix Bearer

On takara's side, are they going to continue doing the encore line?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They said the same about Animated. Look how well that turned out.

No one knows about encore. seems to be too successful to just stop (except the recent big expensive guys that arent selling). maybe the next releases require some mold cleanup, which would account for the delay.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's also the mysterious Seacon test shots from last week, although they look like US reissues. I wouldn't put it past Takara to release them as King Posideon in the Encore line as well. It would look very sharp next to God Ginrai.

10. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

My guesses based on observations of the last few years:

• Hunt For The Decepticons: Primary line, July - December 2010
    • Power Core Combiners: Secondary Line, July - December 2010
    • Prime: Primary Line, January - May 2011
    • Generations: Secondary Line, August 2010 - May 2011
    • Movie3: Primary Line, June 2011 - ??? 2012
    So the primary focus starts with the HFTD line, then shifts to Prime and then Movie3. PCC is the secondary focus for this year along with Generations. I see Generations as the collector-focused line that runs in the background, providing WFC characters this year (with some token G1s) and then more G1s next year (with token WFC repaints). Once Movie3 hits, Generations is done while Prime becomes the secondary line (following the trend started by Animated). I fully expect a Generations 2.0 to start up after the Movie3 line.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I can't see any G1 combiners getting a US release.Too many parts and it would have to run at the 100 price point.

I would love it if they did but i'm not holding my breath.

Encore Devs vs WST Dinos = SOLD

12. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Also they ran, Altanators, Armada/Energon, and Universe at the same time

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    They'll run 3 lines so long as the retailers will support it.

The problem with Animated was retailers were being finicky. In my area we were still getting cases, but slowly, as the retail outlets didn't want them whether they sold or not. They wanted movie toys, cause 'lawl, movie toys sell lawl'.

You have to understand the fact that what hasbro wants to do, and what retailers are willing to do are two different things. If retailers tell hasbro 'we're only making shelf space for movie toys', what choice does hasbro have? This happened in my area after the 07 movie.

The animated wave with blurr took forever to hit, because all of a sudden in the middle of animated waves coming in, Toys R Us locally started wanting only movie toys, to the point they never bothered even restocking animated even once empty. This was Dec 07 where animated toys were still at a peak, and even parents coming in were asking for animated blurr for their kids. Yet all Toys R Us has is Movie Bumblebee, and others from the 07 movie freshly pulled from cases each night to go on shelves. Made no sense to me then why they did that, still doesn't now. Sadly, Hasbro is at the mercy of what retailers are willing to get to put on shelves.

Hopefully this time around Generations stays consistent, and retailers stop fouling up the works with their nonsensical demands that go against even their customer base's wants.

Somehow I doubt it though.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see HftD running all the way up till TF3 takes over, though I'm hoping it gets shown the door before Prime comes along.

Generations is supposedly going to last longer than Universe or Classics did, so I'm hoping it lasts long enough to overlap by at least a wave or two with TF3's toyline.

Prime's line will probably start up later this year, and hopefully last till TF3 comes along.

As for PCC, I can't see that line lasting all that long. I'd be surprised if it lasted for even a wave into next year before ending.

Then once TF3's over, I'm hoping they go straight into either another show, or a continuation of Prime. Depends on how the movie and toy line does. We could end up with another movie based line afterward, like HftD this year, with a subline or two, like PCC and Generations this year.