Toy Imperfections

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Forum Shark, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Forum Shark

Forum Shark Well-Known Member

Hey, guys. This question will most likely sound "n00by", but here goes.

I just bought Sideswipe today, and he's really cool. I noticed, though, that on my toy, there are "imperfections". (I'll take pics if needed, but for now I'll just describe them.) There seem to be little black specs or scuffs. It looks almost like it dropped, and was left with marks. My question is... have you guys noticed this? Should I return him? Thanks in advance.

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I've noticed some scratch marks on mine too, but I just ignore it and pretend it's mild battle damage. DO NOT return him. He's just to awesome to give up over some tiny scuffs.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro QA strikes again, if you can see the imperfections through the bubble, take him back, if not, don't bother, you'll be returning the entire stock of them as they are probably mostly like this

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I copped my first bit of bad movie QC today - got Voyager Long Haul and the plastic insert for his front left hand side deahlight is missing. I'm sure I'll live though.

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I have it on mine as well, so I got HA Sideswipe.

Just kidding, I think it could be a quality issue.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Imperfections. Always present especially in mass produced (affordable grade) toys from hasbro and takara.

If your buying from a retailer anyway take advantage of it and lie out all the copies they have of a figure you want and then compare them to their duplicates until you have eliminated the figures with scratches and imperfect paint. (silver paint tends to get scrached really easily though so sideways is very rare to find completely unscathed.)

That's what I do. It can be a bit maddening, but it is worth the extra time.

7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    you could also get some silver paint and touch up the figure if you want to keep it.

8. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i didn't notice till later a fat scratch (or line) on my hass. like everyone else, i call it battle damage. the more you worry, the more you'll end up hating it. i'm just happy enough that the limbs are intact :D  unlike my scalpel which had a cracked joint connector for his leg and i didn't find out 45 miles later at home when i opened it. well i just call him the cripple when he got hurt :) 

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    QC started happens since after TFTM (2007) but it truly began around the time of Animated, but because their's mass productions being done you can always get another and return it, i don't see why you can't exchange sideswipe for another sideswipe

The only major imperfections i ever got with quality control is some red paint on universe sideswipe's windshield and my ROTf Skids's teeth, neither are gold and silverr but all green...i still have to fix that >.<

10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    just got univ treadbolt... his face [not helmet] has smears of yellow over it
    but hes repaint fodder anyway, so what do i care

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Classic Camaro Bumblebee from the first movie has a big finger print permanently imprinted on its rear window.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    You can use that to find out who did it and then go kick their arse. :D 

13. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Knowing that figure it was most likely the middle finger too.

Unless it's a biiig defect, or missing part i don't even bother. I still have an animated Jazz with two left hands. Just depends on how anal you are about the condition, and if your looking for a perfect figure nowadays, your gonna be looking for a loooong time.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, it's just 70s Camaro Bumblebee. Not like it happened to a good toy.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, no, but it's not often you have an actual forensic lead to one of the people messing up production.
    Maybe not kick their arse then, but at least give them a stern talking to and remind them that applying Transformer figure paint apps isn't a time to be playing fingerpainting.