Toy identification

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by updatedude, Mar 30, 2009.

1. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

I'm actually not sure if this is the right forum for this, so hopefully it's kosher.

I recently came upon a loose (Deluxe?) Beast Wars toy for a decent price. But I'm not sure what character it is.

It seems to be Transmetal Airazor, but it's almost completely black. It doesn't seem to be the Armada version. Can anyone tell me the name of this toy? Is Transmetal Airazor considered good? And perhaps most importantly, what accessories does it come with? Since this is a loose toy, I wouldn't want to buy it only to find out that it can't be properly transformed because it doesn't come with it's beast head because the thing is a gun or something.

Thanks.

2. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Please put in one or more pictures.

It does sound like the Armada one, which was very dark.

3. updatedude

Yeah, unfortunately, I saw it at a shop, and didn't have my camera with me. I'm assuming it's Transmetal Airazor due to the head sculpt and it apparently has wings (I'm not sure because there were additional protrusions as well).

If it IS Airazor, are there any issues I should look out for?

I'm currently searching through seibertron.com, but my connection's dang slow.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Pics or links or something. Your description of a 'black' Transmetal Airazor would make it the Armada version. The only extra parts of it would be a black minicon. However, I'd like to see pics of it as you seem to say that it wouldn't be the Armada version, however, there was no other black version of TM Airazor that I know of.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
  6. updatedude

Thanks for the quick response. I guess it's a case of "useless without pics". I guess I'll find out when I visit the shop again, but thanks for the info. In particular, the info that all I have to worry about is that she might not come with Nightscream (I'm fine even if she doesn't come with a Minicon).

By the way, assuming it's her, is Transmetal Airazor considered a good toy?

I'll post pics once I buy it.

Thanks.

7. updatedude

Thanks for the quick response. I guess it's a case of "useless without pics". I guess I'll find out when I visit the shop again, but thanks for the info. In particular, the info that all I have to worry about is that she might not come with Nightscream (I'm fine even if she doesn't come with a Minicon).

By the way, assuming it's her, is Transmetal Airazor considered a good toy?

I'll post pics once I buy it.

Thanks.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I've got the original TM Airazor and the Armada re-release. It's a good figure and is very durable.

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The only parts that get lost easily are the Minicon and the bird feet/claws. So make sure the figure has at least both claws.

10. updatedude

Yeah, looks like it's Armada Airazor, since it's nothing special, I'll refrain from posting images. Thanks to you guys for helping me narrow the figure down.

Oh, and while I said "nothing special", I simply meant the rarity. The toy itself is pretty awesome.