Toy Identification Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, May 5, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Found a tape today, looks like it might be a Microman pre-transformer. It could also be a vintage knock off. The lady at the comic book store had no way to identify it, so I just offered her $25 for it. Either way, the age and rarity of the toy should make it worth that much. Does anybody know anything about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Vintage knock off made by Four Star. Their cassette line also consisted of a gray/blue Laserbeak and a brown Ravage.

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Looks like the Micro Change Micro Cassette Robo Miscross to me. It's the Frenzy/Rumble toy pre-transformers.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Using that info, I was able to find some blogs that say this line of tapes was released in Taiwan. Although considered bootlegs, they believe they were actually produced by Takara for Taiwanese release before the deal was signed with Hasbro to make them Transformers. I found at least two unrelated sites that had ravage and a blue rumble in almost identical packaging as this one. None of them had a Frumble in the colors I have though. The closest I was able to find was almost identical, but with a white head. I also did an image search and it led me to one of the social groups here on TFW that had two of these guys. One like mine, but with a white head, the other with a red chest.