Toy ID...Chasing Something from my youth

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by AutobotEngineer, Mar 27, 2007.

1. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

So, a good 10-12 years ago, I was a happy elementry schooler, enjoying my old G1 toys, Legos, and a lot of generic robots.

My favorite non-TF robots where a set of 5 guys, which I lost to a flooded basement and haven't seen anything about since.

I can't for the life of me figure out what they hell they where.

Here is all the info I can recall about them

I believe there were 5 core bots - Blue, Yellow, Red, Green and Black. Each was built off the same basic body, a 12" ( I think) frame, mostly hard plastic, with robust ball joints in most places. The basic robot was the same for each toy, but each had unique molding details and a totally unique head.

Each head had was a visored, I think most had mouths. Most if not all heads had some movable mouth peices.

Articulation was fantastic.

Each figures hands where identical, made of a softish rubbery plastic to allow their weapons to be "gripped"

I quote gripped above because their primary gimmick was the integration of their weapon into their arm. Each figure had a weapon or two it stored in a suitcase, black on the outside, red inside. The weapon usually had a handle, but clipped into a metal panel that lifted from the figures forearm. Weapons were interchangeable between figures.

Each figures armor could be removed, nearly every peice, exposing the basically plain gray and black suit beneath. I always assumed the figurew where robots, but they may very well have been suited humans.

The figures had not background or story that I ever knew about, and I can't for the life of me recall and line they might have belonged to, or who made them.

I owned three of the aformention figures. I had the black/silver guy, who looked mighty robocop like. He might even have been marked as a police officer...they all might have actually. He had a saw weapon that clipped to his arm, with two littel siscor blades that one could pivot around the main circular saw.

I also had the red figure, who was always really floppy...so I didn't use him often. Consequently, I forget what kind of weapon he had...he might have had two, come to think of it.

The last figure I owned was the blue one, who had a sword. The sword clipped onto his arm attachement.

A last figure, slightly different from the rest, existed as well. My friend had him, and he was much more heavily armed. He had a really big cannon deally, and a sheild/blaster thing that could be clipped to his back. The core figure was the same, but he had a lot more movable panels and details. His weapons did not clip to his arm, though he did have the standard metal plates, allowing other weapons to be attached as norma. He was mostly off white.

All the figures had a sort of gundamy/power rangers feel...they just radiated Bandai, too.

I got these guys at KB in the mid 90s....I miss them. I know I don't have much to work with, but if anything above rings a bell, let me know.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I know exactly what you are talking about, they are cops, there is actually an anniversary coming up for them, let me see if I can find some pictures

3. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

i doubt it but could it have been one of these guys

[​IMG]

4. AutobotEngineer

Ronins are similar, but these guys had no skin showing, and were bigger. I remember Ronins clearly...very cool toys.

That'd be great...I hope we're thinking of the same figures.

5. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. AutobotEngineer

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    LOL, it was one of my favorite series

Good find Gaokaiser, beat me to it :D 

Also see here

http://www.japanhero.com/tokusatsu%20reviews/cybercop.htm

8. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

Sometimes the amount of knowledge of random stuff on thos board amazes me. Good job!

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My cousin had this guy:
    LUCIFER BIT
    http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/keidorar/hccru.html

I wanted that one so much but I could never find it in the stores. The stores always had everyone else though. LUCIFER BIT was the only one I wanted from that line.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  11. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

He is indeed the coolest looking one. Man those are some cool looking toys overall though...might have to track some down at some point.