Toy Hunting in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TwoKingMick, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Well the title says it all. I'm staying in the center of SanFrancisco and there are absolutly no toy stores in sight. Where do SanFranciscans buy their toys? I'm most interested in the early wave classics, so I assumed that they would be easy enought to find. Does anybody have any advice? Thanks.

2. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

No SanFranciscans? I really want to get a reissue soundwave too, but tru does appear to exist in the area.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Sorry, but SF propper is not exactly toy store freindly. There's Jeffrey's Toys near the Montgomery Street Bart Station and Things From Another World at the Metreon. Other than that Yes Anime and Comics & Cards Central are on Geary and there's Super 7 on Post street near Japan Town Center (and a small shop inside the Kinokuya building in the cener....unfortunately pretty much ALL of them are overpriced...and after losing TRU during their mass closings last year there isn't a Wal-Mart, Target, or K-Mart in SF at all...Your best bets are on the other side of the bay...

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

East/South Bay! SF sucks for toys unless you're rich. Sorry!

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Well I am from San Fran and I can tell you that the only toy store that I like is :
    "Jeffrey's toys" on Market and New Montgomery. They are pricey but they carry a nice collection of stuff.
    FOr that reason I use only online stores. Its the prices you know...

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I usually go South or East to get mine, too.... I know it's mundane, but I still have the best luck with Target.

7. Ojiboch

Ojiboch Member

Anyone know any small stores in Chinatown that may carry gen1 stuff? A friend of mine told me she ran across one but forgot where it was located.

8. Vermoozer

Vermoozer Life, Love and Robots

News Credits:
    A fun place to go to is Kimono My House Toys in Emeryville. It is in the penthouse suite of a five (?) story building. The stuff is EXPENSIVE, but goes back to the earliest japanese toys. I got my Japanese mail-promo G1 ratchet there about 14 years ago. http://www.kimonomyhousetoys.com Plus Berkeley is right next door and there is a lot of fun stuff to do there.

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

used to hit Kimono My house for the TF PVC's. Nice store for fans of Japanese toys.