Toy Hunters

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by LIPSS, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They just aired this episode again Jan. 29 at 6 pm. It was the first time I'd seen it. Disappointed that the Spychanger Prime was the only Transformer glimpsed, but surely they'll do a spotlight if the show is picked up.

I would SWEAR I heard them use part of the Vince DiCola score from the '86 movie as part of the background music, so I'm really hoping they air this again.

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I caught the repeat too. I digged it, even with the lack of transformers. Can't believe that guy paid that much for the Boba. I mean, dayum..

3. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

if that got released then it wouldve been repainted in Jango Fett

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched it and found it pretty annoying how he got so many 'facts' wrong. Then his offers were so pathetic, I'd be insulted if he was looking at my items.

Are those Batman cars actually worth that much? They aren't that old. The way he was going on made it seem like they were from the 60's and not within the last 10 years.

They did it on this show like they do on Pawn Stars when they go through a history lesson of the item. That would be funny if the guy who owned the MASK said (after his little speach) "Well no duh, I worked on the line so I do know something about them. BTW, pretty insteresting that MASK predates the Transformers by being released in 1985 when Transformers were released in 1984."

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Huh? What are you talking about? Those are the prototypes from the 70's. And it would be a perversion to release that as Jango.

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WTF?!? 17Grand for a Bobafett...

7. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

The armor and Boba is Jango's clone

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, these figures and Boba existed before Jango was even a twinkle in ol Georges eye...

Not to mention, some of us still like to believe that the prequels don't exist. You would of had to grown up with the movies before the prequels even existed to understand the true factor of Boba. I don't buy into that clone bullshit, ruined Boba worse than all the fanboys complain about Bay raping your childhood.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Apparently they are doing a full season...they just talked to ME about showing my collection...the calls with the assistant went GREAT, sounded like a done deal, was totally looking forward to it, then the guy called and quickly seemed to get upset that there are quite a few things in my collection that are absolutely not for sale....and most of those are exactly what he wanted....so I think the fact that I wont sell pieces I've hunted for myself for so long (not to mention facing the wrath form the wife when she saw the bills :p  ) nixes me, and the collection being on TV...

...oh well...at least the old pictures are displayed here :) 

10. Macross7

News Credits:
    Probably better he didn't show up to your house since he just lowballs people and whines when he can't get it for rock bottom prices. He'd probably also make stupid factual errors like Armada was the original series or TFs never had any fame until the 2007 movie.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I don't have the Travel Channel so I had never bothered with the show before. From the way the producer was taking it was just a collection showcase...which sounds like a cooler show to me than what this sounds like it is :p  Just another Pawn Stars / Storage Wars show....

12. Macross7

News Credits:
    There has only been one episode so far. What he did was go around to a few toy designers, collectors, comic shop owner and rumage around thier stuff. He'd find what he was interested in and then would try to cut deals with the person to buy it. Several of the things he was just offering pathetically low prices. Then at the end of the show he went to NYCC and had a booth there and tried to sell the things. It wasn't even that he was going to collect it himself, he just wanted to sell things and wanted to get them cheap.

He also screwed up facts saying that MASK came before Transformers and a few other facts.

13. narkonist

narkonist Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I may be on the Toy Hunters show

My local comic book store informed their customers that Toy Hunters was coming to Charlotte, NC. I threw my name in the hat, due to the shear size of my collection. I have a spare bedroom that is 15x15 stacked from floor to ceiling with, G.I.Joe, Gundam, Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, Robotech, Star Blazers, etc! My main issue is that I need to empty out this room. Me and my wife are expecting identical twins!
    So, I recieved a call from an assistant producer of the show who seemed very interested. I did let her know up front that a majority of my Transformers are, "Off Limits!" like my Luck Draw Energon Rodimus, or my Armada Unicron prototype. They were cool with that. I am willing to part with a Terrordrome, and quite possibly my G.I.Joe USS Flagg. It is not the fact that he lowballs people, but he is in business himself and can not pay a premium price or top dollar for things. No businessman would for that matter. If you go into this experience with eyes open, with boundaries on both ends, it should be quite a pleasant experience. We will see what happens! :thumbs2: 

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Whooo...whoo! Good luck and if they do pick you let us know when it will air!! :thumb 

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And it may seem like shameless advertising but send us a shout-out to any TFW2005 members who are watching the show!

16. narkonist

Ebay:
    OK, well I am going to be on episode 1 of Toy Hunters this fall! I think that the first episode will air in August. Since the show, I had to dismantle my room. I have 1/2 my stuff in a hot attic :(  and the rest of it is being sent to a climate controlled 12x20 storage bay :) ! I need to get the nursery ready and do not have time to get everything out of the room and the attic, so the stuff in the attic will have to wait. I am going to be offing close to 70% of my collections, (Transformers, Robotech, Macross, G.I.Joe, Star Trek, Star Wars, Gundam, Star Blazers, etc.) so if there is anything that you are looking for, drop me a line. I may have it! :) 

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

That's cool that you're going to be on TV,and congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.

You'll have to give us a heads up this fall as a reminder as to when the show is on.

18. narkonist

Ebay:
    Thank you for your kind thoughts!!! :) 

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome man congrats :) 

I never heard of this show before until I saw this thread. I'm not really a fan of the host but it was awesome seeing all of the old Kenner toys in Ohio. I wish I could have bought those cases of mint Batman toys from that nice bald man. I would have paid him a lot more than what that guy was offering.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What Gundam stuff do you have? Is it American or Japanese type stuff? New/Sealed or used?