Toy Hunters

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by LIPSS, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Do not remind me of that accursed toy! It haunts me to this very day!

2. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And it just happened to be in this guy's back closet. Yeah right. That's like one of us finding a MISB Blue Bluestreak from a comic store in Rhode Island. There is no way this wasn't some sort of pre-arranged setup.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's more likely than you think. :cry 

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Pre -arranged setup? Of course it was. As for him having the prototype, the answer is yes. I have seen it and I even know where he got it from. I have seen two Rocket firing Boba Fetts. It was legit. The story of how he got it however....
    I've been to both places and the main reason you only saw Prime at Tomart's warehouse is because I took everything else!!!! Just kidding, Tom will not sell everything. I also picked up those Tron light cycles about 6 years ago and he would not sell them. There was a lot of Star Wars stuff they did not show that would blow a Jedi's mind way. Ever since I started collecting I came to appreciate that fact that I live so near where the toys were created. My father used to work for Kenner. He brought me home ever Stat Wars figure still in the keener baggie. Well except for those which were produced else where. I have come across several prototypes at flea markets and yard sales. THIS DOES HAPPEN, believe it or not but I still have the proof. I hope everyone watches this show and it does get picked up. After seeing the guy buy Boba, makes me really sad that I did not buy it for $5500 when I had the chance.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That's a pretty good deal then, I remember hearing one of them sold for $25 grand like 10 years ago. Maybe this one was from earlier in the design process.

I think I remember hearing there's only like 5 or 15 of them produced.

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I was watching this and that's right when my kids walked in.We had to rewind it a few times because it was so damn funny.

I like the idea of the show.It's like American Pickers,but it's just all the toys that I want to see.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, my mom used to work for Kenner when I was a baby. She brought several toys home like that, too. Which is how I got mine. That has been lost somewhere in this goddamn house for the past 20 years.

I'll find that bastard some day.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Gryph ... where ya live? I'll come search for you ;) 

9. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

The Toy Hunter is kind of an A-hole, he kept saying goofy stuff like " Toygasm". His assistant is ripping hot, how the hell did he find her? I'm pretty sure he isnt tagging her, he sounds like a mix of G1 Red Alert and Tracks. Ill watch this show again if this douche finds a house full of old G1 figures or if he goes to china raids the 3rd Party factories and steals their prototypes.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/one-to-watch-toy-hunters-jan-15th-on-the-travel-channel

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Wanna know what really sucks? Mine wasn't even the regular version. It was the unpainted first shot, like what's shown here. Rocket Firing Boba Fett First Shot

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I used to have a pic that showed like...7 prototypes...I can't find it for the life of me. Some of my Star Wars buddies, one in perticular, said it was a myth. I want to own one...but it may be a while down the road.

12. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
  13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A friend of mine actually has done business with the guy and said that the 17k for the FETT was actually that the guy wearing the Tapout hat owns the clothing line and said he'd been taking a look at it for 3hrs already. My friend also said that the SW game isn't what he sold the game for to those folks. It was actually sold for 100 bones. My friend that Jordon passed along that if you like the show to go on facebook and twitter or travel channel and demand more shows. The items that where show as someone said on the protos WHERE legit and they where checked out. I learned alot about the show from what my buddy said on Jordan. He said hes cool to do business with and when he met him in person he said he was just another stranger but on the net he was cool with him on deals.

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well seeing as I know for a fact that he had this many years ago.....

But I love the custom. Good job on getting both variations in there as well.

15. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll check this show out but its comparison to Storage wars has me a little worried if this gets picked up. If I have to watch another show with 4 legit people and 1 hollywood gimmick im gonna go negative on my view of cable TV. Instead of just being apathetic to it.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Awww..me too, and searched for a repeat and couldn't find a single listing between now and 1/24...did they just decide not to show any more of this one???

17. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

I saw RiD Prime

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I bought one of those for grins. It's pretty cool. I wanted to maybe pick up the "hologram" version of him, but just decided not to later.

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    AH HA! Found it!

[​IMG]

20. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member