Toy hauls over the past 2 years

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Toy%20Hauls/?start=196
    12 pages of mouth watering Hauls ^

This covers about 70% of my misc toy collection. Many lines like Brave , Star Wars etc were bought alone and put in their respective categories instead.

Thought I'd post this since Im done with giant hauls.
    No more big spends for me. New priorities are real asskickers. (and too many frkn bills)

Just going to concentrate on TF's now mainly and the occasional cool toy that I can't resist. Gone nuts over the past few years and need to chill out.
    Spent about 70 grand on toys . That's just insane!

Now Im all about diapers, insurance, education etc... and more space for the kid. Going to save now for the little one and get into & support whatever hobby she get's into when she gets older.

She's in G1 episode training now. hehe

This thread is to show off my hauls mainly, but added the reason why incase anyone was wondering.

(Much of this non TF stuff is for grabs btw. PM me if there's something you're interrested in.)

2. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Joker: Where does he get those wonderful toys?

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very impressive.

We'll miss your hauls in Highs & Lows thread, but I wish all the best for your plans. Nappies (diapers) aren't cheap, are they :( 

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    What a collection indeed.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chaos...you thought of opening a toy store!? Joking! Your collection is awesome!

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

So, non-TF things are up for grabs huh? Do you count the Macross stuff as "non-TF"? And how much for that chocolate bunny next to MP Prime? You better buy the XL diapers for yourself buddy.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    damn. from now on, i'm calling CM the 70 grand toy man. or rather ex-70 grand toy man. kudos on the batman quote sonny.

you had a nice run there buddy. see ya on the flipside!

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I know it's kinda personal, but what the hell kind of job do you have that allows you to spend 70 grand on toys? whatever it is, where do I apply? gotta give you props for slowing up to take care of the fam, and I've always admired the scope of your toy collecting. if it's cool, you've got it!

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    CM gets his loot from a being a land pirate and bussing up ninja's weak ass: arr!

10. Chaos Muffin

Thanks. Ive lawnscaped & tree removed my ass off the past 15 years until I became part owner of the company (Natural Lawnscapes) We took care of the rich fockers that paid like 500$ a yard (crazy), so we milked that all we could (by mowing their yards twice a week ) We had the whole rich area to ourselves and the weekly pay was overwhelming.
    Everyone bought nice cars etc, but I threw everything in the bank, (still driving a cheap nissan pickup) all I cared about was the band I was in at the time and video games . Was making money just off interest alone. I was never good with weekly schedules from normal jobs. Cant wake up for crap. Which Is why I did so well there becasue my boss craig would bang on the door everymorning or come in and throw stuff on me

He moved to Fla for chemlawn work in 99' (His dream was bush gardens) and the biz has been pretty loose since and we do mostly trees now since the out of towners kind of took all the lawnscaping jobs . Also did roofing for about a year with exgirlfriends dad and made about 8,000. Lived with mom until I was 25 and never bought anything but taco bell, beer & bass strings. Also had a second job (Falcon Aviation) working nights fueling , washing, painting and tugging small airplanes.
    Was great money but a larger airport bought us out. Most of us laid off. Was a year away from getting my pilots liscence as well. Boo on that
    Had atleast 15 jobs before I got into all that at Kmart, Krogers, Bode Finn, Publishers Printing etc

Also got 20 grand from 2 deaths in the family, well 10g actually since I gave mom half for being super.

Just recently I used about all the rest of my savings to cover someones ass that owed 22grand to the government over social security , and my savings are back at square 1 pretty much, and the weekly check barely covers the bills. These last 5 years have been pretty slow while my collecting habits have been outrageous.
    If you can climb & use a chainsaw then get your ass over here, we need atleast 2 more workers really bad, and atleast 1 ground guy for loading limbs and rope guiding. The hours have been crappy lately since I have to be home before jess gets up for her job so someone can watch the baby. Only get to do about half the jobs and all the new guys get my evening work. (then quit after a week)

Trying to go back to college at the moment. In my life I probably made about 90,000 and most of it went to my plastic addiction. Which explains why Ive been obsessed with the TA over the years. Trying not to go back to driving forklifts & boom lifts

The teens and 20's were save save save , then the late 20's hit, and spend spend spend! Was afraid Id save too much then end up getting hit by a car or something stupid :lol 

btw Im down , but far from being out hehe

*EDIT* ^ damn mr. rambles

11. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

damn man you've spent loads and as people have said we will miss your contribution to the high and low thread. But its a good idea get your kid involed in it she will be what keeps tf goin in the future :lol , lets face it nowhere days i think cartoons are lil crap, the 80's where tv was at its best, wow im talkin like an old dude and im 18 :lol .

12. Chaos Muffin

Whoah, CC I thought you were way older than that .
    You got it going on man!

13. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  cheers man (i think hope you mean that in a good way :lol ).

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    great story there chief (except the dying loved ones bit, sorreh). my dad's a landscape contractor despite going to college and had a cushy govt desk job, gotta love the blue collar credo. keep it real!

cant imagine you with a flying license XD you'd prolly fly drunk than buzz the state toopers with a crop duster.

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the beginning part sounded very much like what I saw on nantucket. I lived there for two summers working as a natualist for a nature center. the money on that island was insane, and I would see all the contractors/landscapists, and think "you go on wit yo bad self" because you knew they were raking in the dough from all the rich folks. my dad lives down in jacksonville, so I know how much people use landscaping down there as well. finally, the CM mystery is solved!

16. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Man CM if you sold off your collection you could almost retire to your own privet island :lol 

Kidding aside all those hauls are so amazing dude, kick ass bro!

17. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

You know, you never got back with me on that chocolate bunny!

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Holy moly, thats a lot of stuff!

Out of interest, I don't suppose you have any Centurions stuff lying around for sale?

Nappies are expensive, get that baby potty trained pronto! For the first time ever the other day I had to buy some nappies (for a friends newborn) and while initially flummoxed by the variaty, I was astounded that you could buy nappies for 5 year olds...

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    goddamn nappies for 5 years old? thems kid who are slow to potty training needs some good spanking.

20. Chaos Muffin

You mean these? :D 

[​IMG]

Figs
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Centurions/Centurionsshelf1.jpg

Yep all except for maybe a few doubles need to go.
    Wont be able to sell any until I get back from vacation on Sept2 though.

Ambushbug, if you wait till Easter, Ill send you a chocolate bunny!
    That one in the pics is floating on the bottom of the Ohio by now.
    Now it looks more like a Baby Ruth :lol