Toy Fair: WHERE THE HELL WERE THE TF:A TOYS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Feb 15, 2010.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

STANDARD RESPONSE: WHY WHAT'S THERE TO PANIC ABOUT?

All is not lost yet. We know Blackout WILL go into production, and Arcee and Ratchet are only just out.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Blackout already went through production. The toy just has yet to see distribution.

Ultimately though, TF:A wasn't given much, or any at all, attention at Toy Fair... because nothing regarding the last of the TF:A line is news. And as previously stated, Toys R Us picked up the remainder of the line.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    when did we hear that TRU picked the rest of the line up?

rodimus and hydrodive bumblebee also went through production, as those were factory samples we saw at botcon. nothing hand-painted.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to think they would fit right in with the generations line as the Animated reps, but something also tells me that TRU may just take them all. I hope they get a release outside of Japan...

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    If my memory still works, Didn't we get our first glimpses of Arcee/Electrostatic Soundwave at last year's NY Toy Fair? So therefore it took a little under one year for those 2 waves to actually get released. I'm pretty sure our first glimpses of Hot Rod/Hydrodive BB were at last year's Botcon - so it's pretty likely that those waves will eventually find their way onto the shelves as well. :) 

I don't know why people are freaking out over this. Geez, They're only toys... :lol 

6. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

i really hope that the rest of TFA wont be TakaraTomy Japan exclusives, cuz that would suck donkey dick.

7. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Another topic about "OMG, where's Animated?!"

I want a few of the ones that are supposed to come out, but I can live without them. But honestly, I just want those things to hit shelves so people stop freaking out about it.

8. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Considering Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet just came out last month, and a lot of TRU's haven't even gotten in their shipments of those two yet, I don't see how anyone can say that Animated is dead and done already.

That said, I would expect that future Animated releases may well depend on how well Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet do.

Let me repeat that in case you missed it: If Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet bomb for TRU and turn into pegwarmers, don't expect many more Animated toys to show up.

9. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    If and when animated Rodimus gets released, I wonder how cool it would look like with takara's metallic look on him. I bet that it would look a who lot better than hasbro's version of it.

10. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I don't much care about any of the other Animated figures we're supposed to get. I'm a Prime collector and I want that WB Prime for two reasons: 1) I don't have a deluxe Earth mode Prime and B) I want to add those WB parts to my Voyager Prime.

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I hope they don't make anymore animated figures so people around here will go bananas.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    mudbuster bulkhead, vortex blurr, cybertronian oil slick, Thundercracker, and Waspinator Bumblebee.

Agree to buy all those repaints or no new Animated molds for anybody.

Nest global alliance did not have a showing at toy fair other than the mail away. So I'm thinking they just felt that in the short time press was there, they should cover their summer releases rather than the stuff that will trickle out in the United States spring.

Nest and Animated.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  13. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They'll come out, or they won't. Beyond that, there's nothing those of us that want them can do.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Barricade is alive, he was only kileld i nteh comic and novel adaptation, w(WHICH ARE BASED ON THE EARLY SCRIPT NOT THE FINAL SCIRPT), even rotf comci prequels show him alive, even thee were plans to have him in rotf but was removed

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Funny how toys are (and most likely always will be) more important than say good fiction in the TF franchise. So the rest of Animated figures will probably be TRU exclusives? Sucks for me since the closest one to me is an hour away but still good to know they'll be out

16. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm interested in probably half the animated that will make up the rest of the line. Other than Thundercracker and Ironhide, I dont care for any of the repaints/remolds but I'm sure there are plenty of people that will snag them up. Pretty much the rest of the new molds, I'll be getting if or when they are released.

Is the statement of TRU picking up the remainder of the line true, or is it heresay? I can see Hasbro having made arrangements for the rest of the line, however they may not be only through TRU. I could see them all having been picked up already as exclusives to various stores, and therefore Hasbro didn't have to mention them at Toyfair since they're focused on getting their latest products picked up by other retailers.

I really do hope that they're not all TRU exclusives, the closest TRU for me is 30-45min. away. Walmart works, Zellers for Canada seems to be pretty good for distribution (at least in my area). If they are ALL going to be exclusives (there are quite a few, upwards of ten, I think) it would make sense to me for Hasbro to break them up over a few retailers.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like others have said, Hasbro is just looking for an outlet to release them. Just like the Seacons...